1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Given the chance, Booker or Mitchell?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 5, 2024.

?

Booker or Mitchell?

1. Booker

2. Mitchell

3. neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't hesitate to pay Booker, and send PHX the world. I'm very protective of those BKN picks/swaps, but I'll tell you what...I'd have some of them in play for DB....

JoeBarelyCares and ramotadab like this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Depends on the cost.

cml750, apollo33 and roslolian like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

mitchell because of his utah connections

mac_got_this and ThatBoyNick like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

It always depends on the cost. I like Booker more than Mitchell because Booker has no issues sharing the ball. Mitchell is best being "the system" and having 4 defenders and off ball scorers cuz he is one big ass ball hog.

If the cost is gonna require a King's ransom with 2+ players of the core six and multiple picks then forget it. I'd rather pay somebody like Kelly Oubre or trade for Caruso or something.

The issue is most people just think of getting one level better and that's it. Rox aren't even contenders they didn't even make the playoffs. A Booker or Mitchell won't put us over the top of it will require considerable assets.

Just look at the Cavs. They traded so much for Mitchell and a couple yrs later Mitchell about to leave them for nothing. What if they kept all their picks, Sexton and Lauri Markannen? That seemed so dumb 2 yrs ago but look at how things developed now.

#4 roslolian, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't see how Booker is available? Is there some indication he might be available?
    Trading Booker for assets doesn't make the Suns a contender, nor does it give them sufficient assets to build around a Durant/Beal duo. Their only shot at contention is to hope next year all of the starting 5 is healthier, and gels a little better on the court. Their best option is to ride it out for another year or 2, and then trade Booker for assets so they can enter a 'proper' rebuild.... (ie with an end in sight for their longer term contracts).
    They'll be making vet-minimum signings and hoping for value.

Given the chance, Booker is the better option. But I don't see how there is a chance...so won't vote!

shakes05 and ramotadab like this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d be embarrassed to have Booker on this team at this point.

Just let Cam and Amen develop

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’d like to change my vote to neither. I am happy with our coreand don’t want to trade for improvement. If someone wants to sign with us, giddy up. The Morey way is dead and gone and I’m thankful for it.

calurker and ramotadab like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Everybody loves getting a juicy DM

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

I would rather trade nets pick, Brooks, and Tate for a year or two of Paul George

Would rather have PG as a 3,4, or 5th option veteran than Booker trying to prove he’s not Luka & Ant’s step child

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I really don't even think I could cheer for Booker. The dude is just a clown.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Edwards or nothing.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Booker is better than Mitchell. Plays more defense, better team player, slightly younger, has made it to the Finals before. But I don't love the idea of acquiring either of them.

Frankly, I just don't want to trade serious assets for anybody much over age of 25 who isn't either a top 5 player, or at least very very close. We can afford to be patient. There will be guys available in two or three years who actually fit a "win now" concept at a time when we're actually trying to win a championship.

We are not going to win a championship this season. We're just not. Not next season either. It almost doesn't matter how big of our a breakout one or more of our young guys have; we just don't have enough playoff experience on the roster, and the playoffs are a whole different animal.

So I would be going after rising stars like Maxey or J-Dub (if I'm trading serious assets) and expect to not be able to acquire them. When that fails, just add a (preferably young) roleplayer or two for minor assets and punt. Let our dudes develop and stay the course.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not overly impressed with either
    I'm more a stay the course type of guy
    But of the Two . . . I guess I like Mitchel

Rocket River

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Same. I'd rather just see how good Amen can be.
    Pg-fvv
    Sg amen thompson
    Sf eason or cam
    Pf jabari
    C- sengun

AroundTheWorld and Y2JT like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whichever makes our team better - that is Stone's job and all I care about....getting better.

Don't care if we keep players or shed them, just get better.

Hell, take a look at DLo as an UFA this offseason....as a PG replacement for FVV if we have to trade him for another big contract.

GET BETTER.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  16. invocux

invocux Member

Booker is better than Mitchell.

Jontro, Plowman and theDude like this.
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I want no part of Mitchell he is a diva who is probably about to force his way off team #2.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Suns would not give up Booker at this stage

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My bet is the Suns will view Booker as the one piece of their core they want to keep and retool around. Im sure they really want to move Beal but they’ll probably seriously have to look at godfather offers for Durant. While in the meantime praying that Booker doesn’t request a trade.

bballjunkie likes this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Booker is a tad better than Mitchell, but I think they're both top 15 players. Either would be a great acquisition but I'm not sure I want to part with every single draft pick we have to get them like we'd have to.