1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy who says”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface, May 4, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

We picked Sengun because we picked Green. If we picked Mobley we wouldn't have traded up for Sengun. We have CWood on the roster who trying to lobby for all star, why would we get Mobley and also trade up Sengun with all the holes on the roster? Give up 3 picks for the backup to the backup? Makes zero sense.

Also Jabari is better than Mobley. Mobley just gets featured and babied on the Cavs but all that's about to change. Mobley keeps getting embarrassed last year he got destroyed by Mitchell now he got owned by Wendell Carter Jr. Mobley has nothing on Sengun if you think they are on the same level then you are just wrong cuz Sengun been holding his own vs Jokic, AD and absolutely owned Wemby.

#41 roslolian, May 4, 2024
    Last edited: May 4, 2024
    Dobbizzle, Bo6, saleem and 4 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a lot like saying we wouldn't pick Jabari because we had Sengun...

Anyway it seems clear your talent evaluation doesn't exactly conform with reality so I'm not sure this conversation will go anywhere.

Overall Mobley is considerably better than Jabari... and it's not close. Sengun and Mobley are pretty close to equal overall though they are opposites. Mobley is a very good defender who needs to work on his offense, Sengun is very good on offense but he needs to work on his defense.

That's not opinion, that's what the numbers say.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Green + Sengun fo sho better than Mobley + Trey

Even though I do think both of those guys will have solid careers

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I dont believe in JG but i still think it was the right pick over Mobley.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Nah he just hates jalen green that much. Honestly he would pick anyone of us as a better pick than green

Dobbizzle and javal_lon like this.
  6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Say what you want, but that Charge It to Da Game album was a classic.. he had help but still .. lol

Williamson likes this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Mobley is whack.

He got all that praise rookie year but it was obvious Jarret was the one doing the work.

Mobley is similar to Jabari. Could be solid long terms guys, but likely cap out as the #3 guy, maybe #2.

Green, for all his warts, has a slim ceiling of a #1, but more likely to be a #2 or #3 guy.

Sengun, also shows a ceiling of being the guy, but more likely a #2 guy in the end or high end #3.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree on Oladipo......but you may be painting a picture of our front office as smarter than they actually are.

C'mon man, so now they are Jedi knights playing 3-D chess and a year ahead of other front offices.

Not just two steps ahead of everyone......but 10 steps and a year in front. Silas, Josh Christopher,
    TyTy, were just meant to throw everybody off. Not the bumbling Inspector Clouseau but instead
    true geniuses.

Somewhere Cato is lurking around Houston headquarters.

#48 ApacheWarrior, May 4, 2024
    Last edited: May 4, 2024
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jabari Smith has a Fighting Spirit in him, will literally push you back if you disrespect him.
    Jabari Smith must work his Strength, and his handles.

Evan Mobley I don't think he cares being pushed around. Happened last year in the Playoffs Mitchell Robinson and Julius Randle easily backed down Evan Mobley. Evan just gives in, doesn't fight for position. Easy Paint Points, just out muscle him.His Personality doesn't seem like a Center more like a Small Forward. Jarrett Allen is the Center doing the most work.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dunno dude. People talk. There’s intel gathering teams, scouts, and deals to be made pre draft. Just as in college the best programs have people on the ground everywhere. Or it may just be luck. Lol

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green, Evan Mobley, Scottie Barnes.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree.

You really had to take that swing on Green's potential. No other player in that draft had that high a ceiling.
    He didn't get to that ceiling .... you still take the opportunity to get that type of player.

I'm not mad at Stone for drafting Green ..... even though I was one of the few who wasn't in a Green or Mobley camp - I liked Scottie Barnes over both and wanted them to move the Garuba and Christopher picks to get Trey Murphy iii - he was the only 50/40/90 shooter in that draft.
    I really liked Ayo Dosunmu a heck of a lot too ....

The potential of Green was worth the 2nd pick .... you get lucky and he's actually Kobe.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol u funny

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Bless your heart, you probably still believe in the Easter Bunny.

Never saying a negative thing about the Rockets front office.

I questioned Josh Christopher the day of the draft.

I said TyTy was a waste of a first round pick while others told me he was going to be great.
    Finally we had a point guard...... nevermind he wasn't playing point guard prior to us drafting him.

I don't have a problem saying that the Rockets brass out kick their coverage.....often.

But who am I to try to convince you? Keep thinking pure.

No Worries and Bobbythegreat like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Why on earth is anyone still talking about something that is over. Unless someone has a delorean with a flux capacitor ready, why stress over a hand that was dealt to us years ago.

Imanimal and roslolian like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

How does is that even the same? We had the 3rd pick we used that 3rd pick on the BPA who was Jabari. No matter who was on the roster we would get BPA who was Jabari.

We didn't have a pick for Sengun we traded with OKC to get it. So yeah we wouldn't pick Sengun if we got Mobley because we didn't have the pick to get him. If we got Mobley and projected to get Usman Garuba at 23rd why would get Sengun? Ever heard of a team get 4 picks and select 3 centers? Lol wtf.

Your numbers ability just involve looking at the boxscore so pls don't give me that ****. You realize putting up numbers is easier with 3 all star teammates yes or no?

Saying Sengun needs to work on his defense when he led the team in DPM is just a huge ass joke. He is miles above Mobley and right up there with Scottie Barnes as the best rookie of their class.

#57 roslolian, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's better than he's looked. Still wouldn't take him over Green, but you have to remember what an atrocious offensive coach JBB is plus Mobley needs to be your C to take advantage of his mobility.

I understand playing him at PF earlier in his career but this last season he should have been the 5. JBB can't let go of his crutch (double rim protectors so that he can be a top defense) and he's just letting them do whatever they want in a messy iso offense. It's definitely better to get a shooting 4 next to Mobley. Would open things up a lot for them and increase their driving opportunities.

If they're giving up on Mobley I'd definitely make an offer. He's a great project pick, will be a great player in his mid 20's. His 3pter will take a long time but it will get there. Meanwhile he was a top 10 defender in the NBA in his second season. That's tremendous value that's being undercut playing with another rim protector.

As with our young guys, be patient these people are very young. A bounce back season is not unlikely especially if they have a coaching change.

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why are u being a dumbass for no reason. Starting shi+ for no reason. I say it out of jest and my responses were light. I found your response literally funny. Not everything is an argument or attack. Maybe ur naturally a dick.

#59 Stephen_A, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
    Corrosion likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The 2022 draft class turns out to be better than the 2021 class.