1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hatred of Jews is encouraged by western leftists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K9Texan, Apr 30, 2024.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

Coffee just filled every crevice of every sinus and consequently spewed out of every orifice of my face. Damn you. Best theGeneral "____ pay their debts" burn yet.

Xopher likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I appeal to facts and logic, but I do leave plenty of room for subjective beliefs (philosophy, religion).

Also, nothing against your God (because I really like Jesus' messages), but I'm sure there is no higher authority for you. Just saying.

MadMax likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'd like to chime in, if you don't mind.

That's a fair assessment.

The media faces a genuine incentive problem. I have a proposed solution, although it might not be very popular. Media outlets rely on attention for revenue and relevance, which can lead to corruption (not outright corruption, but corruptive). While there are excellent professionals and reputable media companies, the bottom line is a strong influence. They prioritize selling stories to be read or seen, compromising integrity.

Social media and random individuals don't truly represent the media. Referring to them as such is inaccurate. They mostly offer anecdotal information, often with personal biases. Despite some value, the abundance of noise makes them challenging to navigate and, as a whole, pretty worthless. However, they provide unique individual data points and perspectives lacking in traditional media. As a whole, thes add up to massive data and huge opportunity.

My proposed solution? You guessed it: AI. An AI-driven media agent could be trained to uphold the highest ethical journalism standards. It could analyze vast amounts of data, including individual anecdotes, its own data as a journalist, and broader context, simultaneously. Such a system could craft news stories based on comprehensive contextual understanding. It would be fast and accurate, surpassing human capabilities. Of course, it's isn't available today... it's a possibility for the future.

JuanValdez likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

To hear myself talk, mostly.

No, I don't know that.

MadMax and thegary like this.
  5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's odd (and by odd I mean totally predictable) how allergic wingnuts are to revealing their specific sources for news.

Amiga, AkeemTheDreem86 and Xopher like this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

They peruse the message boards at https://www.stormfront.org/ to get their hard hitting news stories.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is probably where we are heading. There is potentially for it to be a vast improvement over the current state of things. But I am still uncomfortable with the idea of opaque computer algorithms curating my news feed, and what you’re describing sounds essentially like that on steroids.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes, you should be uncomfortable with that...

I'm attracted to an alg that is not emotional, presents facts and context, and doesn't have all the human tendencies for bias and its millions of fallacies.

What I'm describing assumes good intentions by the builders of these agents. It's going to happen sooner or later, so let the good guys win.

MadMax likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

11. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Do you agree that we need the Biden White House to determine what "news" can be disseminated to the masses?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Do you remember when Obama and Hillary told the American people that the Benghazi attack was the fault of some dude that made a YouTube video? Do you agree that no news organizations (or anyone else) should have been able to tell the American people the truth?

Do you agree with what Benito Mussolini said in that media outlets can be free provided that they serve the Regime?

13. JuanValdez

Well that sounds like a disaster in the making.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

OK time to block this idiot.

DD

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

On a positive note, encapsulating all of Tweets into an AI finally got Musk to achieve one of his long-desired goals - to be a comedian.

16. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

You're dishonest, cowardly, and a boot-licking, statist.

2w9g09.jpg

17. JuanValdez

... Because he dared to be critical of Elon Musk?

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Embrace a little laughter and take it easy, it's nourishment for the soul. Musk is onto something - comedians are truly blessings to this world.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As we discussed in another thread I think you are too optimistic about this. First you’re counting on the programmers to actually be completely free of bias and second you’re counting on acceptance of such an AI.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you read Fall or Dodge in Hell by Neal Stephenson? He describes a concept similar to this. And a world further divided based on the quality of filters (some with human in loop type features).

I do agree with the general premise that the rise of new media and the need to run a sustainable business has led to a substantial decline in the quality of mainstream media. I’ve seen it first hand professionally — things like major headline Washington Post articles covering technical topics being effectively ghost written by 21 year old interns. It’s made me question everything else I read as a result. In some ways, I have a greater appreciation for X now — it is wholly unfiltered, but it doesn’t pretend to be anything else.

AroundTheWorld likes this.