1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Presidents of Harvard, MIT, Penn, Columbia should be forced to resign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Nook

Nook Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

I know quite a few people in college that are students or professors and some that are attorneys that represent universities.

I haven't heard much other than eye rolls and calls for the students to go back to school and to clear out those that are not students.

Protests are common in college - and I haven't really seen riots.... but I do believe at some point enough is enough.

Also there is a difference between protests and attacking people...... someone can protest for Palestinians and not comment on someone being ethnically or religiously a Jew.... and not support Hamas as well. It seems like a lot of different people with different levels of opinions all are thrown together.

As far as threatening lives - I know of an administrator that had several Jewish students voice concern because they had someone follow them and scream at them and tell them they would go to hell. That isn't acceptable, as the person was supposedly not even a student.

At this point there has been very little real violence from what I have found - which is amazing considering the size of the USA and the scope of the protests on campuses and the level of entitlement people have in the USA.... we always have people that take it to the extreme.

I say this and in an hour there could be mob violence - I cannot say for sure, but I suspect that the schools are waiting for summer knowing these fools will go back home.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What I have found annoying about how the universities and the public have talked about these protests is that they couch them as exercises of speech about what is happening in Gaza. While doing so, the university says they are trying to extend as much freedom to speak as possible but must institutionally remain neutral on the speech exercised on campus. But the demands made in the protests are not about what students wish Netanyahu would do or what Biden should do -- they're focused on what their own university does. The university cannot just be neutral about what it itself is doing. Not changing their behaviors is no more neutral than changing them. Either you are invested in an arms manufacturer, for example, or you're not. So, by refusing to negotiate with protesters, by saying, 'okay that's enough free speech for you!', they're not remaining neutral.

Universities have very large and complex stakeholder communities and you can't just be led by the nose by a single class. But then neither are they really having a two-way conversation with their stakeholders to see what they want. They have decided for whatever reason that divestment cannot be entertained and they don't want to hear otherwise, not just from the students but not from alumni, professors, staff, or anyone else. They won't ask, and if you're not demonstrating on the quad they won't hear.

Amiga likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All these kids failed geography, biology, and art history
    @basso

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LMFAO you left out the best part you silly cuck clown

Here's the"book on TERRORISM" (emphasis on original)

that this knuckle dragging staten islander - our Finest - happened to find:

[​IMG]

https://academic.oup.com/book/723?login=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=G...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Ah yes, nothing like reading an academic book published by the Oxford University Press when The Anarchist Cookbook is not available!

Check out this abstract!

Abstract
    Terrorism: A Very Short Introduction examines the historical, ideological, and local roots of terrorist violence and explores terrorism in relation to revolutionary power, nationalism, and religious extremism. How does terrorism end? Is one person's terrorist another's freedom fighter? Is terrorism crime or war? For many, the terrorist attacks of September 2001 changed the face of the world, pushing terrorism to the top of many political agendas, leading to a series of world events including the war in Iraq and the invasion of Afghanistan. This VSI considers complex issues related to the successes of specific terrorist and anti-terrorist campaigns in the distant past, and in recent years.
    Lololololool. Good job NYPD losers. Good job Twitter. Good job @AroundTheWorld

Try harder next time?!? I guess?!?!

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

0.3/10

typed a lot of words, made little sense

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

11. SamFisher

Yo chud - can u check with NYPD Sal and see if they confiscated any research monographs lolol!

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You sound even more unhinged than usual.

I understand you are mentally unstable and are dealing with frustration in real life due to lack of success on all fronts, but gather yourself and step away from the keyboard, before you embarrass yourself even more.

Unsurprising that you would cheer for the Hamas supporters.

13. SamFisher

U silly b****, I'm cheering narrative review articles over research monographs as the hammer to hit the nail of the oppressor

Unsurprising you'd be too stupid to gather that! It's literally spelled out for you lololol

Dolt. Get your ass back on the ferry lololol

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Penn is allowing students to be terrorized on their own campus

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Were they epileptic? I'm not sure why the strobe light would enter into the equation unless they were epileptic.

You guys pick weird crap to rey and instigate a response.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member