1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good News? Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has announced that it will reschedule mar1juana.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not a fan of the pot smell that takes over when pot is legalized but I also strongly feel smoking mar1juana is not even a real crime.

https://apnews.com/article/mar1juana-biden-dea-criminal-justice-pot-f833a8dae6ceb31a8658a5d65832a3b8

Once OMB signs off, the DEA will take public comment on the plan to move mar1juana from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids, following a recommendationfrom the federal Health and Human Services Department. After the public comment period and a review by an administrative judge, the agency would eventually publish the final rule.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Don't give a ****.

Let's talk about pills.

Invisible Fan, Jontro and MadMax like this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Tucking it in next to ketamine just exacerbates the decades long joke.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but the police are very infrequently ticketing possession if ever. And that applies to whatever conservative states are left. Most of the mar1juana that you are buying even in states that it is not legal or from a dispensary in a neighboring state. Vape pens the same.

My dad (glaucoma) Gets mar1juana grown at LSU….

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The whole thing needs a massive overhaul. **** the police-prison-industrial-complex.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do you smell it in plublic? What state are you in?

Just like with beer and cigarettes, legalization doesn’t limit your ability to have laws about where you can use it.

In Colorado, there are still laws like No Open Carry for liquor, no drinking and driving, no drinking in city parks, etc, etc, same laws apply to mar1juana. You can’t smoke in public and there are PI laws, too.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DC, NYC, and Baltimore.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I feel similar. Don't like the smell but fine with legalizing it. Tax it. Whatever.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Vegas Strip is very, very loud.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was taught if you're going to take drugs take real drugs.

Baba Booey, IBTL, Nook and 2 others like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man the smell of pot is like that skunk smell...

Not pleasant at all.

But it's like my opinion or whatever.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i smell it walking around austin or houston more often than i have in many cities where its legal.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The real benefit isn't decriminalization. The real benefit of rescheduling is that it effectively legalizes medical research on cannabis. To date we have no proper studies and trials on the medicinal value of cannabis. In turn with proper scientific evidence of the effectiveness of cannabis, we can finally incorporate it into mainstream health care which is far more responsible than what we have now.

I think its safe to say that there are medical benefits to cannabis but I'd be a lot more confident if we could get much clearer and definitive studies showing how cannabis can be used to alleviate pain and symptoms of various medical conditions. My wife has chronic migraines and it would be a big boost if the US started funding research on this stuff because the rest of the world simply doesn't have the capital or expertise to replicate the US medical industry's research.

Here in Canada, its legal nationwide and I can even get doctors visits covered by the government insurance to discuss cannabis prescriptions but Canada is a small country so doctors have to caveat everything by saying that there's no research or studies to demonstrate the efficacy of the prescriptions or dosages.

crose likes this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"PPPPPPiiiiiiiiiiiLLLLLLssssssss!!!!!!!"
    [​IMG]

"Let's talk about the Pills! By the way, we're looking for a green van. They've got pills. They've got mary jane. They stole my lizard. They got it all, sister."
    [​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yes - you were taught well. If you are going to do drugs... then do real drugs. Cocaine is acceptable but heroin is special.

KingCheetah and IBTL like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Damn gurl my apologies. Iz u into astrology? I'm just tryin to make it to Uranus.

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.