1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kevooooo, Jun 9, 2023.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

repairs on appliances.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, I thought I was the only one who hated this. Like we're all sitting around doing nothing but waiting to help you find a plumber.

MadMax likes this.
  3. ima_drummer2k

Over the top graduation festivities thrown by helicopter parents. Let's be real - graduating high school isn't exactly a major accomplishment. It's definitely a major milestone in life but let's not act as if your kid just won the Nobel Peace Prize or something.

A party with some friends and family is fine but some of the parents around here put so much into it that it turns into a competition. That's when you know it's more about the parents EGO than actually celebrating a kid's milestone.

Your kids don't need an over the top party every time they do something they're expected to do.

ROCKSS, Ottomaton and boomboom like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hurry up and wait.

I've had to deal with this a lot this year including right now. I met with some clients on Monday who said they wanted to get going on projects ASAP. Got them a proposal on Tuesday and haven't heard anything back. Got contacted last week by another architect who has worked with me before about partnering on a project and then yesterday he says that his clients haven't committed to moving forward on the project.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No kidding. My ex is going nuts about it. He is our oldest and of course I'm proud of him for all he's accomplished so far. I've been telling my son that he's 18 and he can decide what events he goes to or doesn't. He's definitely walking but the Senior Awards, the picnic, the after Graduation thing, all totally up to him. We're having a small family party on Sunday and that'll be the end of it.

I always think back to a line from Dazed and Confused when I think of how all of these parents and some of the kids are going nuts over this...as if this is the pinnacle of their existence.

Randall "Pink" Floyd: "If these are supposed to be the best years of our lives...then kill me now."

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just an observation...

Hey Mercedes drivers, just because you have an overtly expensive automobile of God's own creation, doesn't mean you don't have to follow traffic laws.

Hey BMW drivers, just a heads up, there are traffic laws. And, you have a turn signal...use it.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

Speaking of which....

People who still think driving an expensive car is a status symbol. Any broke 20-year old living in his mom's basement can go finance a car. You're not impressing anyone.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

waiters that talk while handing out the food. I see the cheeseburger and the chicken nuggets bro.

[​IMG]

boomboom likes this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Waiter that keep popping up and refilling your drink every time you take a sip.

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Waiters that pop up? Only chinese buffetts do that

12. ima_drummer2k

When you're on a Teams meeting with 80 other people and 1 random person has their camera on. That means we all get to stare at 1 person staring at their monitor for the next hour.

TimDuncanDonaut, Ubiquitin and ROCKSS like this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

lol my coworker was just complaining about the new girl doing this and also doing a bunch of other tasks during the meeting so she’s clearly not paying attention plus is super distracting

14. TimDuncanDonaut

This is relatable

15. Buck Turgidson

The cicadas will not shut the **** up

MadMax and boomboom like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I came here to have some peace and quiet...there is no peace, there is no chill, there is no quiet

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Sun comes up, they shut up.

Assholes.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

people who don’t shower everyday just walking around super musty to the point that if they were in a cartoon, they’d be that character with the green stink marks and flies around them

19. Buck Turgidson

@MadMax...

You remember cicadas in Houston, it was an every year minor thing, right? No big deal.

WTF is this tree full of assholes screaming about at 2AM while I'm trying to sleep on the porch?

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

you can turn off incoming video, btw