1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/12/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2024.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I enjoyed the win as well. But to be balanced and objective, it was against Portland who accounting for injuries right now, might be the worst shooting team in the league.

Scoot got hot but I remember looking at Portland's offense in the first half (which is decimated by 7 players being out due to injury as well to be fair) and I thought they were awful and if they scored it was like they accidentally got it in the hoop.

So yes, our vets are needed for now as guys grow imo.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For next season I'm sure FVV will still be an important part of the team but let's be honest. If the Rockets require FVV to be as important to this team as he was this season that is a sign of stagnating player development.

The goal is next season FVV can reduce his role and the team still bumps up in wins. Otherwise that would mean there was some stagnation in development between Green, Sengun, Amen etc.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok, then I watched some of his OKC and Sacramento games, I think he made as far as 2nd round.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Ancient Moabite

With you on reduced minutes but that 40$ mill for next yr is the reason why Ime will run him heavy, to not only get your money worth on what could be last season(then reup to be 6th man if Amen is ready)...... But he is a good extension of the coach on the floor

That's a long long leash for VV, unless he privately tells the staff to reduce his minutes then maybe

But you know real ballers don't like sitting at all, plus next season is basically contract season for VV being he wants to showcase enough for Rockets to exercise 3rd yr or showcase enough to where another may want to get him for higher $$ deal

Fred and Ime will figure it out next season

5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

That's fair and I can agree.

I think it will more likely be, barring other circumstances, Sengun becoming an all-star, (really hope, but we'll see) Jalen taking the next step, Tari and Bari improving, while Fred stays the starting PG, and one of the primary team leaders.

Don't sleep on Cam becoming an all-around player and having some dominant games as well.

Really at the PG position, until Amen gets a three/mid-range shot or tightens his handles, I'm fine with letting him develop with plenty of minutes.

It also depends on who we draft and any personnel moves this offseason.

ramotadab and don grahamleone like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It was fun being at last night’s game. A few things I noticed:

Jalen can get to the elbow at will, and every time he does, his jumper is money. Jalen should take more mid-range shots and work on the 3-ball this offseason. No reason he can’t become a good mid-range shooter.

2). Amen is insane. I don’t see a world next season where Amen isn’t starting. Brooks will need to come off the bench.

3). Landale can actually play. He has a lot more in his bag than I realized.

#426 Aruba77, Apr 13, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  7. fchowd0311

Green is such a smooth operator in the middie game. Blazers commentaries were just in awe how tight his handle was combined with his speed to just get anywhere on the court.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Orlando is a better comparison, and I think the Rockets may have more talent as well.

raining threes, OremLK, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I had to watch the Trailblazers broadcast, something was up with Rockets on NBA leaguepass. Anyway, the commentary in Portland marveled at his speed and the way he navigates space. His handle is much improved, especially since day 1. He gets there so easy and that seems like a rhythm shot he can get a couple looks at before launching up 3s.

Amen is special man.

10. fchowd0311

He's got the handle of a lead guard now I think. Ime at least is confident enough where he'll have linee ups where he's the most secure ball handler on the court.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  11. WestendMassive

Finally was able to watch the replay

Portland doing fan appreciation night right by bringing out the GOAT Red Panda at halftime was my highlight lol

Aruba77 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

FVV scenario too... he's here for a good time not a long time. Can Jalen make this push the whole season? If so, by the 2025 trade deadline we're looking at some biiiig moves. I mean you can offer that max slot 2025 free agency period to Tatum. Idk that he'd go for it and certainly the Celtics aren't just letting him go but that's the kind of moves we're talking about with a max slot. I mean...what if you could nab Chet Holmgren with a max? Or some other such young player looking for a bag and the current team can't support that offer?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

where is the thread for the game today?
    Season Finale!
    Going for 0.500!
    Jalen Green vs Bones Hyland!
    What a game!