1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That’s at least the fourth time we lost a game where the team needed a three to tie and we let them.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Apr 7, 2024.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it really comes down to us even being in those high pressure situations to begin with that we need to win.

Before this season our young guns were just used to losing every game, now that games are meaningful and winnable, it's a mental adjustment

OkayAyeReloaded and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Last night's game was Bullock who screwed up, not the young guys. (Jabari also screwed up by not defending the 3. But it could attribute to defensive instinct, chasing a wide open guy going to the basket.)

As @heypartner pointed out, Bullock wasn't trying to foul. He should have wrapped up Josh Green right when he got the ball. Or he could also foul him when Green dribbled up court. It's not a young player's mistake. The guy is 32 years old with 10 NBA seasons under his belt.

Verbal Christ and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I was thinking about this earlier. I agree- an “intentional foul” rule would take away some of the ambiguity and misapplication of fouls calls at different times of the season or within a game. Similar to the newly implemented intentional walk rule in baseball in 2017. Why not put this in the next CBA. Also avoid unnecessary or flagrant injuries

jim1961 likes this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I thought Bullock tried to foul when Exum first received the pass. But he didn't make another effort. I just don't understand why. Hopefully as a team they learn from it. So frustrating to watch.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ime called this out in the postgame and said "we're 70 or 80 games into the season and guys still miss that." Hopefully they get drilled on that again --- in a couple days after they are done shooting free throws.

J.R. likes this.
  6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coaches normally do - if Dallas was up and we played it the exact same - Bullock would have gotten called for a foul .: it is what it is :.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Yes I’ve heard coaches say this, but apparently refs still didn’t call it. It has been our MO lately to foul when up 3 so it’s on the players I’d say.