1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Clutch banned Twitter links for a month I wonder how ATW would convey his thoughts about Muslims and trans people?

Does anyone have any guesses?

astros123 and dobro1229 like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. fchowd0311

Damn I forgot about the others

astros123 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When we start giving Hamas F35s and park aircraft carriers when Hamas goes on the offensive, this post may make sense. Until then, it’s just partisanship.

We give Israel our most advanced weapons and say don’t kill civilians with it.

astros123 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah it’s so terrible that a president would listen to voters who happen to be expressing concern about the US sanctioning and supplying weapons for crimes and deaths of aid workers.

The only complaint I have with Biden on Gaza/Israel is he should have never signaled any level of support for Netanyahu. He’s the worst person to be in charge of a response to the Oct brutal terrorist attack. His leadership of the response was always going to make the matter 10x worse because he wants this conflict. His survival and grasp on power depends on it.

Biden from the git go should have had nothing to do with allowing Bibi to prop himself up off of Bidens support. It put Biden and the US in a lose lose situation. The right would accuse Biden of being too soft on terrorists by not giving undying support of Netanyahu and the far left would be outraged by what Netanyahu would do in response.

I do get sick of the fake outrage of the people like ATW who really don’t give two sh$t’s about Israel and are only activating the propaganda cannon because they think there’s an opening for making Biden more unpopular because we all know ATW is a Trumper who wants Trump back in power.

Biden is doing a good job as president but unfortunately he’s going to be blamed on all sides for everything bad that happens in the world and he’s finding out that there’s a Cold War on democracy and every strongman in the world will do everything they can to make Biden look as bad as possible so you cannot trust any of them and expect them to operate their foreign policy in good faith and in the best interest of their country.

astros123 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

Eh knowing his long history here I think ATW just really hates Muslims.

He's never been a huge trump guy. He just really really really doesn't like Muslims. Dude was the number one cheerleader of the "war on terror" here.

astros123 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The guy openly expressed his fandom with Ron DeSantis. I don’t see a separation in the two ideology’s and the polling backs that up that they are birds of a feather from an ideological and voter perspective. What he liked about DeSantis is that he didn’t have the baggage that Trump has. Which really means that he wants the Trump agenda to be successful because DeSantis had a better chance at gaining more political power.

So I award no points there.

The hatred of Muslims and being a Trumper go hand in hand. Like NASCAR and cheap beer.

astros123 and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Oh I agree that ATW is a poster child for the modern ideology of the GOP which includes Trump. He just has expressed his distress for Trump as a character but that has more to do with superficial aesthetics. I'm sure he agrees with the vast majority of polices Trump pushes.

astros123 and dobro1229 like this.
  15. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

@AroundTheWorld is a Nazi. I mean he is German. He uses "Palestinians" and "Hamas" interchangeably. Therefore, we should use Nazi and German interchangeably. They're the same right?

dobro1229, astros123 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that’s it too. There is a whole alliance of people whose identity is anti Islam because of 9/11 and the unrest in the Middle East North Africa and to a lesser extent South Asia leading to Muslims to migrate to Western Countries.

All atrocities by Muslims highlighted and all billion plus are painted with a very broad brush as a result. And it doesn’t help that Islamic fanatics kill indiscriminately.

I know many people who absolutely hate Muslims. All of them. If it were a 100 years earlier, it would be Jews and Catholics they hate. But today it’s Muslims. Tomorrow maybe Hindus given the influx of Indians in our society.

astros123, Xopher and fchowd0311 like this.