1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McMahon thinks Sengun or Green could be traded "for a star"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 29, 2024.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Also Embidd would cost more than one of our main core and so would Brown. And neither team would really be enthused with draft picks. They want proven talent. They’re not rebuilding. They’re not taking on filler contract to constitute a trade. Theyre not interested in Landale, Tate and Adams. Theyre goin to want multiple of our young core.

ppl must not remember the TMac trade. They took Cat and Francis. The only filler was Cato I believe

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That would have been a terrible lineup with Alpi playing PF. You are really magnifying his defensive problems. Alpi would have been coming off the bench behind Lopez.
    That's what Ime was gunning for. It wasn't a slight towards Alpi. Ime just saw, after watching hours and hours of video, that Alpi didn't fit the system he was trying to run and Lopez did.
    If Alpi is still here next season when Steven Adams comes back he will be coming off the bench. Not because he's a bad player, scorer, rebounder or anything like that. He's just not right for what the COACH is trying to do. This whole season has been the equivalent of shoving a square peg into a round hole.

jcmoon and ramotadab like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh that trade really isn't comparable. 27 year old Steve and 30 year old Cat weren't considered members of a "young core". They were who they were at that point. There was no hunting for "potential" with getting Francis and Mobley.

Steve Francis and Cat for Tmac is actually more akin to Bridges for Green where Bridges is Francis/Mobley(quality veteran player) and where Green is TMac(rising star) though TMac was more proven at the time of the trade.

4. rocket43

rocket43 Member

I think this guy's intel came before the all-star break.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ridiculous. They didn’t trade for Adams to bench Alpi. Ime maybe wasn’t impressed with Alpi at first, but he is absolutely enamored with him now.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That may not have been their intention but as time goes on it would be apparent. The starting lineup is set up for a more defensive minded center. Not a center who needs the ball and is looking to score. THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH BASKETBALL.

jcmoon likes this.
  7. Chayvan

Chayvan Member

Anthony Davis vs Sengun , Tari, Dillon would make sense

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If it’s a clearly better scorer than them who plays defense too you can’t say no, that’s a rare player.

I think they will be fine as they develop their jumpers. Same as with Tatum/Brown I think Udoka will ensure these two have the skills to be useful off the ball all the time. You need 2-3 stars to score, I’m not interested anymore in sounding like Harden who struggles to get along with most available stars. Let’s do it right this time and Sengun/Green can always take the mantle of best player that’s healthy competition.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

COACH isn’t trying to bring his best player off the bench because he isn’t a moron.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bima says the only cap room we’ll have this offseason to sign free agents is the Non-Tax Mid-Level Exception, projected to be $12.9 mil. Looking at UFAs that might sign for that, what do folks think of De’Anthony Melton?

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

badcoachlee so clueless

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s trolling. He doesn’t believe the nonsense he’s saying

AroundTheWorld and coachbadlee like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don’t understand the bozos that want to pick sides. Jalen or Alpi? Why not both if they are in fact coming into their own?

This is a nice winning streak and it happens from time to time. Yao broke his foot game 12 of the 22 game win streak and the Rockets rattled off 10 more wins after the injury. Things happen and you have a whole team to consider. Who steps up? See Amen… Among others.

To say Alpi and Green cannot coexist is ridiculous. The Rockets were playing at a faster pace out of the all star break and looked good. They are just playing with a bit of a faster pace now.

Alpi’s injury may have been a blessing in disguise if this is who Jalen is going to be moving forward. Now the coaching staff will have to work to find the right combo’s and minutes. This is in large part coaching as well. Guys are getting it, lights are turning on and talent is winning out. This makes the team far more dynamic moving forward.

Remember, this is the Houston Rockets. This is not the Houston Jalen’s or Alpi’s. This is a good problem to have. Damn people…

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The real trick is going to be blending Sengun/Jalen/Amen. We will need an effective shooter who can create A bit of offense for himself as well as a long rebounder, who can hit the three from the corner and defended a high level. Oh wait……

Sengun
    Smith
    Cam
    Jalen
    Amen

Works. Works even better if Alpi is 35 from 3 and I Largely expect him to be there next year.

ramotadab and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

or Tari

16. sefril

sefril Member

What? I thought his injury is not career ending type..

oh is this another fantastic quote by you? Just like T Jones is lesser Howard or 3 talent > 1 great talent (i would agree with this if we can play 7 Rockets vs 5 enemies)

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

damn is this tru

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I hope they hold onto Sengun and continue to develop him and find a way to win a lot w him and Jalen. If they are really looking to trade him, I wonder if the Cavs would be interested in a swap for Mobley. Bam is the other guy that I think could work with the roster we have. Seems risky trading either of Jalen or Sengun, their upside just seems astronomical compared to who we would get in return.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Why? I appreciate the optimism, but what makes you believe he will make that significant of a jump? There is no reason for anybody to believe his 3- point jumper will increase by 25%. If his free throw did the same thing, he would go to about 88%, which is unlikely as well.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

No Star Players are coming to Houston.

National Media lying for clickbait is ridiculous. ESPN has a bunch of paid Mavericks reporters working for Mark Cuban trying to steal Alperen Sengun. Jalen Green and Picks Trade Rumors to Nets was the Dumbest Rumor I ever heard of.

Rachel Nichols doesn't even watch and follow the Rockets closely already creating a Narrative "Jalen Green and Alperen Sengun Don't Fit" - Fake Narrative. Rockets started the winning streak with Alperen Sengun and Jalen Green playing together. Rachel Nichols is a Liar. There is reason she got fired by ESPN. Players don't like her.

The Owner and Son in the Tunnel looked so excited after huge road wins, Tillman clapping his hands with his son. Looked happy with Jalen Green.

#180 rockets1995, Mar 31, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    AroundTheWorld likes this.