1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

lol, you weirdos keep reaching for excuses.

cmlmel77, Zen Tabak and Tfor3 like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Totally agreed with you, except that I wasn't sure about Green vs Mobley. I also liked Jabari over Chet/Paolo. I think it is still too early to say whether that's wrong or not.

clutchdabear, JayGoogle and xaos like this.
  3. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

As long as it's a valid excuse. I'm sure it is since you responded with insult and a "lol". Maybe go back to grade school.

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s not a valid excuse. It’d a dumb excuse. OKC was missing one player, and they had their best defender in Chet. Not to mention Green just dropped 32 against a healthy Suns team not that long ago. Honestly, do you really not see how idiotic you sound, talking about other teams’ “health” despite the fact that we’re on a ten game win streak while missing Sengun, Eason, and Whitmore?

The more your ilk keep shifting the goalposts, the sillier you’ll continue to look, until you likely disappear under the guise of another handle.

5. Ancient Moabite

''I apologize on behalf of the Presidents for the anti-JG4 Institution, forgive but never forget''

- Saint Issa

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

calm down weirdo.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Everytime Ya'll break this **** out it creates bad mojo.

Green being able to keep playing like he is after this has been bumped will be the ultimate test.

clutchdabear and WestendMassive like this.
  8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Thank god, I don't need this thread....but only 11 pages? Some of ya'll are behind on your paperwork!

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No one should have to apologize for saying he was bad, when he was bad. And he was bad for a good long time.
    Those who forecasted his future to always be bad may need a crow buffet.
    But as many have already said, one good month doesn't erase 3 bad ones.

The Rockets need and want him to be good. So do I. Lets see how the year plays out and how he looks next year before crowning him a failure or a success.

charlieaustin likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, they are still all young for it to change but right now Paolo is like the main guy on his team while Chet is the 2nd main guy, so any success to their team will be attributed to them and they'll likely see a lot more all-star appearances and accolades because of that.

Meanwhile right now at least Jabari can be at best the 3rd guy on this team which means the team success will have to be high for him to get accolades. Like Championships kind of high or competing for them.

But we will see, it's still early, Chet and Paolo are so good though so he has some catching up to do. Thankfully, the guy is a baby, literally 20 years old which is insane, which means it might be a season or two before we start seeing his true potential but it's crazy that right now he's already a really good player. I think Jabari would be starting or 6th man for most teams and its really a testament to his versatility and defense.

Ancient Moabite and Easy like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh yeah he really sucked to start the year, and most of us were right then in getting in on him.

I also 1000% agree, him breaking out now is pure coincidence. The Rockets were actually trending up WITH Sengun, it has nothing to do with Sengun other than maybe he has a few more points without Sengun but people are kidding themselves if they don't see that lastnight for example Sengun would have helped. Especially since OKC had such good transition defense and they are a young team as well so we weren't going to simply out run him, on those possessions it would have helped a lot to just run offense through Sengun.

I agree that right now Jalen is playing winning ball, defensively, offensively, there is a difference.

I really expect a bigger jump next season because this team KNOWS what they can get out of Jalen now, no excuses now because Ime is going to always point back to this stretch and remind the team this is what they are capable of...then we get all these people back (hopefully) and no one is talking about how good Jock has looked.

Jock has been a big reason for this winning streak as well and he started playing well BEFORE Sengun went out. He looks like a starting center out there. Our big rotation with him and Adams and Sengun and Bari is going to be insane and we also have the option to go small at any time if Tari is back healthy and then you add whatever we do with the Nets pick.

I keep saying I take our young core over any team, that includes OKC (because their young core IMO does not include SGA, SGA will be 26 this year).

So yes, Sengun over Chet, Our Jalen over their Jalen, and Amen over Giddy. OKC just has the advantage of having a more experienced SGA but I think when Green or Sengun are 26 they'll be elite too, or at least hope so.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

BTW, I know you probably dislike a lot of my posts, but I appreciate you.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Noob post by OP. Apologies are not in order until we make the play in :)

14. Arkese

Arkese Member

I APOLIGIZE for trashin u young man

Dobbizzle and Ancient Moabite like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't expect Paolo's 3pt shooting would improve so much. (That gives me high hope that Sengun's will also improve.) That makes him much more formidable. I kind of have a feeling that this is his ceiling or close to it. Of course, he's still young and who knows how much better he will get.

Chet had the highest ceiling among the three, still does because of his unique combination of size and skills. He somewhat inconsistent in his first season and they have a clear alpha on the team. So he's take a back seat so far. But you can see that he has mature basketball skills, unlike raw kids like Jalen Green and Amen Thompson. His only problem is health risk.

I liked Jabari most because he looked to be elite on two of the most important aspects, 3pt shooting and defense. You can fit him in any system. His first year was underwhelming at both. He made marked improvement this year but still below my expectations. Right now he is not as good as the other two guys. But I feel that he is also the farthest from his ceiling. We haven't seen half of what he can become, and that can turn out to be better than both Paolo and Chet.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I was a huge proponent of Jalen heading into the draft. Thought he had superstar potential. As recently as last month I didn't think he had a future with the team. I don't feel the need to apologize for him playing terribly almost the entire season. He gave everyone lots of reasons not to believe in him.

I'm super glad he's living up to his potential. It's fantastic for the team and great for him. Whether we make the playoffs or not this season he's shown can be a premier player in the league.

Y2JT and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That's where I'm at...I felt like we made the best pick at the time of the draft. I was all in on him. But this year soured me big time....and even though he's been playing great and there are things he's doing that look like he's actually turned a corner, I still need to see more before I feel really comfortable saying he's him.

Either way, Green's recent play is great for the team moving forward. Him being able to sustain this play and build on it would be awesome.

MrButtocks likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rocketeer and jim1961 like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Link?

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yes, even now with Jalen's recent amazing play I'm optimistic about the future rather than entirely confident. I think he has WC player of the month for March locked up, but he was absolutely terrible for the month of February where we went 3-9. It's not even one month of great play vs one month of bad, it's more like a one to four ratio this season. Which version of Jalen will we get going forward? I'm not going to make a prediction, I'm just enjoying his play for now.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.