1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baltimore bridge collapse.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Mar 26, 2024.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Weird how you don't credit the federal gun legislation democrats passed which has denied guns to a record # of folks....also it's funded red flag laws around the nation which is responsible for taking away guns from criminals....

You know good things do happen in this country. Not everything is a awful

Nook likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

First - the issues that are happening in Baltimore are not caused or fixed by any single Presidential administration. The issues in Baltimore are cumulative of decades of laws and negligence. I am glad that there are people actively attempting to change the world we live in - and they should be applauded. However - it doesn't change the fact that Baltimore is a very dangerous city, with an aging infrastructure and what has become generational poverty.

I don't think everything in the USA is awful - I choose to live in the USA. I have lived a number of places outside the USA and I have made the decision to live in Chicago - in the USA. There are more opportunities in the USA than any other country I have been in - the USA also is the only nation that is largely transparent about its flaws and problems, which leads others that are not aware to think things are bad in the USA.

There are real issues - there are too many guns in the USA, there is a culture of violence, there are not enough safety nets in some cases, and the FDA should not allow some of the things into our foods that they do - and business has too much power - having said that, the USA is the best country I have visited or lived in.

Also - the young people in the USA are nicer than the people from my generation or the Boomers or the Silent generation. They have taken a stand against racism, sexism and are more principled, those are all great things - and they started in the USA.

astros123 likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I blame Lamar Jackson.

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

5. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Wait. You credit all positive news and actions to Bidens work but the moment someone credits something bad, you immediately get defensive. Glory to our lord and savior, Biden. He is pure and holy and does no wrong.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

Sorry if I came off as a *******. You make good points. Just curious but have you read the gun legislation bill? What provisions do you like/dislike?

Nook likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Every major problem that occurs is to due corporate greed and lack of regulation. Boeing aircrafts were being subcontracted to shitty companies who Boeing ceo said himself was due to cost saving. Banking failure occurred in 2022 occurred cuz of Trump's deregulation of deposit minimum and capital requirements. The 2009 major recession happened due to deregulation of commodities that occurred due to Clinton CFTC.

I can go on and on. I don't blame a single politician as democrats before Biden were just as big business friendly as the GOP. I blame neoliberalism and globalism for lots of the issued we face today.

When the full details come out on this incident I guarantee you it will be lack or maintenance cuz of cost savings

What i hate the most is right wing donkeys @Commodore who are too brainwashed to blame corporate greed. Big business is not our friend and never has been.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Baltimore is a good city.

astros123 likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Their baseball team sucks.

12. basso

Supporting Member

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Wait...a bridge collapsed...I haven't made any political comment on that...your conclusion from this event: ATW is anti-black. Okay? lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As more evidence is coming out this is looking like mechanical failure in the ship and lack of redundancy in the bridge structure.

Nook, AroundTheWorld and astros123 like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. basso

Supporting Member

Boog Powell faints.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What flag were they flying? It will be an expensive fix for that country.

basso likes this.