1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets too good that games are boring now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 14, 2016.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking about this tonight. It’s been a long time since we had a boring win.

harold bingo and kdchilds like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good times ahead. Aaron Holiday looking like Jordan.

3. prs325

prs325 Member

Nice to have a blowout after the last 3 years we’ve endured

kdchilds likes this.
  4. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Haven't felt like this after a set of games sine 2018, maybe 2019.

For the first time in years, there's hope in Rocketown.

Ancient Moabite and kdchilds like this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I feel sorry for those of you who were bored tonight ;)

Ancient Moabite and kdchilds like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair, the Kings were unstoppable at times last season, this version of the Kings are not that.

I think the Hornets played better Offense which resulted in a better game overall for both sides.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I dunno... are we back to being too good that it is boring again?!?

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Heck yeah

Boston Celtics this year have/has the greatest ORtg by a team for a season (123.5 ORtg)
    https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-team-ortg-ranking-for-season

followed by Pacers and Thunder

Rockets since 03/11/24: (128.1 ORtg). Keep it going all year fellas, go Rockets !!
    https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=houston+rockets+ortg+from+03/11+to+03/25

Bunch of Vermicious knids !!

Rockets from 10/25/23 to 03/10/24: (113.8 ORtg )
    https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=houston+rockets+ortg+from+10/25+to+03/10

#308 ApacheWarrior, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Ancient Moabite likes this.
  9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Holy f*** what? This is all time??? And each of the top five teams are from this season, with every single one listed there being from '21 or later?

It's official*, NBA players have decided they won't play defense until the playoffs. Shorten the damn season (and the 7-game series), Silver, damn.

*If there is something less than trustworthy about this site, or these numbers are not all-time, then please disregard my rant. But... my guess is that my original interpretation is correct.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. StroudAndYorDaddy

just feels like the city of houston turned on the nba in general during the 2018 screwjob and the rigjob the following season. those 2 years with cp3 was the most engaged i had seen the city into the rockets since yao was a rookie. it just seems most houstonians don’t consider the nba a legitimate product which mainly stems from the officiating.

it doesn’t help that the astros became the best team in baseball shortly after plus the nba bubble woke stuff turned off a lot off a lot of hardcore fans too. and now the texans finally have a qb again. i just don’t see how the rockets can be a marketable fanbase to most houstonians when the star guard of the organization is out here getting different 304s pregnant. how can you sell a guy like jalen green to young nba fans.

i bet if you polled most houstonians they would probably rather have an nhl team over an nba team. the attendance and lack of fans is just a terrible look when you are watching on tv. i know people say it’s more fans in the arena than it looks on tv, but it just looks bad. not current detroit pistons level bad.. but not far off

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Game is evolving (supposedly) with more individuals shooting 3's; which in turn creates
    greater space; which allows for facilitators to slice and dice defenses.....with cleaner looks
    and reads.

I've said the past two years, bring in 3-point shooters surrounding KPj and Jalen Green and
    the kick outs or lob passes would become easier and cleaner. Less turnovers. Well exit KPj
    and enter Amen. Amen and Jalen Green can carve up teams.

Amen when he doesn't have the ball plays that "Dunker Spot" very well. Not sure both Amen
    and Sengun can both run that Dunker Spot simultaneously. I've been saying Sengun needs to
    improve his 3-point shooting to make Sengun work with the others. SOF only think about
    other players adapting their game and complimenting Sengun.

Work on those 3's Bruh......post ups are something he already has mastered.

#311 ApacheWarrior, Mar 26, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The numbers are correct and this is something that has been widely discussed and criticized by the basketball community. Yes, the top 5 "best offenses of all time" are all from this season. And something like 45 out of the top 50 of all time are from the last 3 years. This is 95% because of the way Adam Silver has instructed the refs to call the game. People have been complaining about it for years.

Silver finally realized his mistake and has tried to swing it back the other way since the all star break. Fouls are way down, refs are letting guys play, and scoring is way down. I don't know the exact numbers but the league average offensive rating is down from like 115.5 to 113 or something similar. So it seems to be working. But a league wide average of 113 is still ridiculous. For reference the best offense in the league just 10 years ago was 112.1.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

If they keep this up another 5 games, I will unironically be saying this thread title.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Another boring win! :D