1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course, and this isn't the first ever time it's happened. He usually has a few fluke good games.... especially against really bad teams, before gong back to the godawful chucker he's always been.

Enjoy the few fluke good games but don't keep falling for it as some kind of proof he's changed.

deb4rockets, cml750 and jim1961 like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sorry that’s objectively insane to expect that from Jalen Green the known commodity, and what’s more insane is to say any less than that is useless.

It’s also insane to expect that from Brandon Miller for that matter. Your chances of drafting a guy who can score like a 26 year old Jayson Tatum by age 22 are close to zero. How many guards at any pick in NBA history are giving you that level of production at that age (30+ ppg, 6+ rebounds, 4 assists and great defensive effort)? Dude that’s practically Michael Jordan what are you talking about?

Wow can’t believe this is contentious. I can see why the frustration with Jalen if this is ever everyone hoped to get out of putting a HS level SG in the most toxic environment ever for his first 2 seasons. You can’t tank like that and have your player development also be better than everyone ever.

Take a step back and reconsider bro. That’s a lot.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Lol. I have watched virtually every game every year for the last 30 years when available. I moved to Tennessee 5 years and got the rockets, Astos, and Texans packages so I wouldn’t miss any of their games. As usual, your comments are as bad as your idiotic threads. You must not understand the terms “fair weather fan” or “glass half full”. We are better when Jalen scores in the context of the offense. He is in the bottom five in offensive efficiency. I hope he gets better, because it would make the Rockets better. You continue to be the biggest idiot on this board.

4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Another fluke?

Bo6, Rocketeer, kpdark and 1 other person like this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Green the Younger has taken baby steps on defense this year. We still see no effort 1-1 defense and defensive rebounds, which Udoka must hate.

I am unsure how much progress Green the Younger has made this year in scoring efficiency, which is a red flag.

Green the Younger is a type of player who gets HCs and GMs fired, with their unrealized potential.

Soon, Green the Younger will want to get paid for his highlight reel versus his underlying numbers.

I would not be surprised if the Rockets move on from Green the Younger this offseason. Perhaps a dead cow swap is needed with another struggling top 5 pick of similar age / draft year?

7. Ancient Moabite

The fluidness of the fluke is a flukey situation

Long live the king of flukes...... Jalen 'the fluke - thriller' Green

Such an enigma, one minute he is looking like Air Jordan Mamba / 6'4'' AI and the next minute you get Clarkson/Poole vibes

The Fluke needs to keep this 20 game stretch going into next season etc

kpdark likes this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Wasn't his 5 game stretch earlier this season supposed to be fluke too?

Ancient Moabite, MadMax94$ and kpdark like this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If they really offered Jalen Plus all of the Net picks back for Bridges, then people on the Nets and Rockets need to be fired. I can see a trade around these two, but no way we should be giving multiple picks back.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  10. kpdark

kpdark Member

Jalen Green supposedly didn't do anything to contribute to the Rockets early success---he only plays 'good' after the ASB

what 'little bit' good he did before ASB was also crossed out off the Rockets' memory

Ancient Moabite and Bo6 like this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You know who's defense REALLY regressed? Alperen Sengun's. His defense has been & stayed terrible, but I'm sure you were too busy watching Jalen to see any of this

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Great game by Jalen. Hopefully he keeps it up the rest of the season to increase his trade value. If he play like this the rest of the year he may actually have a chance of fooling another teams GM into offering something worthwhile for him.

Plowman and jim1961 like this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

That is becoming plausible.
    He has a significant number of folks at Clutchfans fooled.

cml750 and Plowman like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I credit and admire you for sticking to your guns, but count me in the “fooled” category. I’ll continue to say what I’ve been saying in this post when Jalen was struggling…..he is the ONLY legit scorer on this team who can garner 30+ on any given night and without him we’d struggle to get 100 points a game. Losing KPJ, who was a bad influence on his game, and adding the tough love of Udoka is legitimately changing his game from iso, low iq, no defense to team oriented, no turnover, defense/rebounding type player who can still grab 30 on any given night. He’s becoming legit….time to move onto Jabrari who should be Udoka’s next project.

MadMax94$ likes this.
  15. Ancient Moabite

If he continues to play like you hope to increase the trade value, you are forgetting the two elephants in the room who will get tricked 100000x more than any Owner/GM combo in the league............

The duo who actually drafted him and seeing their 1st pick of the rebuild finally show why they selected him

Tilman & Stone say hello

16. cml750

cml750 Member

No doubt they could be fooled but I do not think so this time. They were trying to move him at the deadline and he was having a mini hot streak at that time too. They just didn't care for the offers. If they get better offers they hopefully will be enticed to sell the shiny fools gold while the potential buyer thinks it might be real gold.

17. Ancient Moabite

They are vastly fooled, they drafted him so they want him to succeed just on ego alone

Its similar to how Stone wanted kpj to succeed so he could brag about how he got a talent for the 50th pick and turned him around

Its 10000x more brown-nosing for Green, his first draft choice ever

The worst thing is for you and the other anti club members who want him gone is for Green to keep playing like this, especially if he carries this over into first two to three months of next season

Tilman will give him that extension easily

18. TimDuncanDonaut

If the emotion and politics are all stripped out and only the on court performance is based. That range is ok for me. And is the realm of 'friendly deals' which at first half of season I didn't mind if Rockets extended him. Financial risk is lowered when the org correctly price a contract.

The difficulty is how hard will his camp fight for a higher number. Having to pay child support now is a greater motivation.

Organizationally, the front office digged themselves into a hole because he's been plastered as the face of the team. Would be contradictory to their own marketing, if he's not offered top dollar.

This is why partly I think a different GM should make the decision, there's less personal stakes and can judge more objectively; Stone's fate is too interwined with Jalen's. Can Stone still make the best decision on behalf of the team. Maybe a Patrick or Tillman should have the final say.

#418 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    OremLK likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

I think he will be traded however if not and they resign him this offseason they are fools. He will want the max yet he is no where close to deserving it. If they do not trade him let him prove himself by having a consistent good year next year rather than playing like crap for 80-90+% of the season.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Literally nothing you say is true

Little Bit likes this.