1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Jalen Green scores 37 to drop Wizards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"i wAnT tO sEe HiM dO iT aGaInSt gOoD tEaMs" LMAO as if the game logs dont exist!

Ancient Moabite and Believe It! like this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

That is HYSTERICAL!!!

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm so confused, he's praising Jalen? Everybody told me that Ime's done with Jalen and only playing him in the 1st because Stone is forcing him...:rolleyes:

Believe It! likes this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You wish somebody had torn their achilles? What a trash human (I use that term loosely) you are.

Believe It! likes this.
  5. Radricky

Radricky Member

6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

"The look away!"

Radricky and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and Radricky like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Dobbizzle and Radricky like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I love watching it, and in real time, it was absolutely sick.

AroundTheWorld and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Anybody can do it if they're given the green light.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh dear god, a winning record doesn't mean they are good defensive teams - FFS the backflips you guys do to make up excuses for legitimate criticisms...it is ok that some of us have much higher expectations.

DD

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

There is no tough decision to be made. We played that iso style of basketball in 2016- 2020.. The iso ball doesn't work and it means we are extremely reliant on one or two people making the right decisions at all times. Now The Spurs and Golden State and hell even the Cougars have a system. They literally can go next man up and continue to win. Of course you need some sort of talent to go all the way, but their systems allow them to remain competitive. If we're not planning to allow Ime to create a winning team system, then there was no point in hiring him. Call D'antoni back and just hand him over the keys again.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes but also in the playoffs you get forced into iso situations a lot. You must be able to do that too to win a title.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

I don't get the split passion of this site...If Sengun develops his shooting range, and Jalen fixes his, they both keep improving on D, we have a dynamic duo for years to come!...there are very few in the league that have Jalen's athleticism, the improved effort on the defensive end (due to his 1st yr of COACHing) has had an effect on the development of other things. HIs defense has improved, his playmaking has improved, lately his finishing has been more calculated and stronger, and some shots are starting to fall. Could this be another facade? Yeah, but as a few others have said, "just looks different"...I've watched his career with the team, and it seems more growth than the past. Sengun is a magician, I don't care if he stays 6'10;), he does things that are special...I want them both, and not ready to give up on Jalen. These KIDS and I include Amen, Cam, Jabari, and Tari are experience away from making serious noise. I do believe if Jalen doesn't do necessary things to take it up a substantial notch in his 4th yr (second being coached up) then I am good moving on. I have no skin in this game, just a rooting interest in my hometown squad. Peace

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think this is the sentiment of most the true Rockets fans. It is ok to be critical of our players and want trades etc., but why our fans have to pit our players against each other is beyond me. Nothing could be better for the Rockets than for both Jalen and Sengun to realize their potential. By the way, those saying Jalen’s resurgence is because Sengun is out are being really stupid, since Jalen was turning it around before Sengun went down and they were playing well together.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not pitting players against each other when you recognize the lack of fit between arguably our 2 more important players.

They both need a 35% PLUS 3pt shot to succeed, without it, they struggle.

DD

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The only thing Sengun needs to do is not hesitate on any of his jump shots. If defenses are sagging off him when he's a screener, the moment he gets the ball just shoot. Just let it fly. Zero hesitation. That makes defenses guard. Sengun has gotten somewhat better at this than his second year but he still hesitates too much.

For Green ya he has to become more consistent.

Because these two can be so lethal in a two man game when defenses can't playoff one of them.

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Good post. Very simple….Udoka fixed Jalen’s game this year (and it took time to teach defense and rebounding and limiting turnovers) and next year’s project has got to be Jabrari, who is making steps forward but still has a ways to go.

Rustyrig likes this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

They've already shown they have chemistry and can play well together. Why not just say what you really mean? "KPJ's gone so now I can't use the argument that him and Green are the same player, instead I'm stating nonsense as fact and using Sengun as the reason Green doesn't fit. If they play well together, I'll use Amen."

fchowd0311 likes this.