1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun Injury Thread (UPDATE: Severely sprained ankle, bone bruise knee)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Mar 10, 2024.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Apologies for being pedantic, but my post on this was on best/ worst case.
    Has there never been a player come back from just an ankle in a month??
    Of course there is...

Is it my opinion on this particular injury? No, I was outlining best or worst case possibilities. Then someone said it was impossible under best case for him to play again this year. I disagree, there IS such a thing as a minor ankle sprain which is just a week. So best case might be 2 weeks.

Does that mean I think that? No. Just offering best/ worst case possibilities

BigMaloe, Scarface and Nook like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

It seems unlikely to me that the ankle is mild enough to come back in two weeks, that looked really bad, but you never know. Sounds like the doctors who looked at it thought there was at least a possibility of something like that

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How cruel can one be to mentally rush him when he has just healed a substantial injury...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why are we even talking about this when the season is already over.... We are basically talking about 6-9 games.

Let the Worriers rush Curry back and injure himself some more.

He already did his part and should ramp up for next season if there is nothing major with his knee.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let Landale have his season high and up his value.

He has hibernated way too lengthy.

Even youngsters suffer injury blows when resting too little time.

#165 daywalker02, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    clos4life likes this.
  6. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

With his season likely over, let's hope for the best outcome and a quick recovery.

For a third year player, off-season is very important to work on his game..

7. JW86

JW86 Member

For this to happen in the last minute on a terrible play that shouldn’t have happened makes this even worse.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Devastated to wake up to this.

Seems like when I don't watch the Rockets, they win, so haven't been tuning in and just watching highlights instead. Just terrible man. Hope he is good.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No kidding. FVV throwing the worst pass of all time caused this after we passed up 3 wide open shots to kill clock....

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Two weeks isn’t even a possibility. He tore ligaments. He’s done for a long time.

11. sefril

sefril Member

Get well soon big guy!

Take your time for healing properly and comeback stronger than ever!

Hakeemtheking and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

On a positive note….it will give him plenty of time to work on his free throws for next year and beyond. Most likely it is a high ankle sprain like running backs get and it takes a couple months to recover. Rockets would be wise to kick the tires on Noel to backup our new starter Landale.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Amazing season for Sengun, devastating ending. The only thing that gives me hope was he was able to get up into the wheelchair..... hopefully it's just an ankle instead of the knee.

If Fred just takes the 3 instead of passing we aren't here. Such a butterfly effect.

14. Wizman

Wizman Member

High ankle sprains turn the other direction usually (eversion rather than inversion).

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We can only hope it doesn't impact next season at this point. Torn ligaments could be career impacting. Sucks all around.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

We don't actually know that, he hasn't had an MRI yet. It's possible that he did, possible that he didn't.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  17. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Age works in Alpi’s favor. He’s a very young player in his early 20s. He should make a full comeback baring anything career ending. On another positive note, we get to see more Aqua man when he’s ready, that should be an upgrade defensively.

Nook likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Damn, never saw the angle showing the ankle. Looks terrible with his full weight coming down awkwardly like that. Ankles can heal better than knees, but his knee was affected too supposedly. I'd be happy with a full recovery at some point next season.

praying-fridayy.gif praying-hands-guy-serious-prayers-ockqc7zn8xaguwsp.gif giphy (1).gif 200w.gif dear-lord-baby-jesus-ricky-bobby.gif

#178 Houstunna, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  19. Nook

Nook Member

It is certainly possible.

There are worst case type scenarios - multiple tears... a loss of mobility that makes him defensively unplayable etc.

However at his age and work ethic, until I hear that is the outcome, I will remain optimistic.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Simply Put. Shut him down for the year
    Absolutely no reason to bring him back

If this was January I would ony bring him back for a few reps and confidence building
    but now .. . I'm good on him taking the rest of the year off

next Year - come back health
    then we will have

Adams - Sengun - Brooks/Jabari - Green - FVV
    Tari - Amen - Witmore as Super Subs

Rocket River