1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 3/5/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2024.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Regarding this particular point--I do agree the team should prioritize getting Alpi more looks, but I also think there is an element of defenses gameplanning to take him away, like when teams used to front Yao. Teams with good, switchable perimeter defenses have been playing the passing lanes, doubling early, and generally making it harder to get Alpi the ball in position to score. And none of our young core except Amen are actually good at passing--in fact, it's a weakness for basically every other player on the roster except Amen and Fred.

albuster, Patience and HardenReturns like this.
  2. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

What a ****ing game

Sengun really took it personally when these SA losers was posting this crap o_O

Even their broadcasters were showing the same

I've noticed a pattern with the likes of Chet and Wemby, they get bullied by big strong bodies like Nurkic, Embid and Sengun. The fact that Sengun still has time to put on more muscle he will bully these lanky guys

Great game by the young guys, Sengun, Jalen and Cam. Amen was quite offensively but loved his hustle and defense tonight. I especielly loved Jalens Kyrie-esque dribble and finish, the two man Jalen-Goon and1 aswell also that steal on Wemby and dime by Sengun to Cam sheeesh.

Like I said about the young guys showing passion and aggression in these last couple of games with ejections, fights we got to see it tonight with AMEN this time. So Cam, Sengun, Jalen and now Amen has shown how they aint taking **** from nobody and look at us fighting through these games and getting the W's

Jalen struggled from 3 but man do I love seeing him attack the basket like he did, he got blocked a couple times but like Sengun he just kept on attacking. This is what this team needs, stop being scared and stop doing what u are good at just cause u get blocked or turn it over, continue playing aggressively and u will be rewarded. GOOD ****

Now we just need Jabari to get into a fight and go off next game and I will be hella happy with the collective performance from the youngins lately. This is how you play, this is how you grow!!

Also **** NBA and ESPN for not even highlighting this game, imagine if it was Wemby scoring 40+ in a W :rolleyes::rolleyes: they did that same **** with Jalen scored 34 vs Suns hating ass b****es

albuster, Patience and justinh like this.
  3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

London has a restaurant called L'escargot.
    Barcelona has Los Caracoles (same meaning).

Alp can take Wemby to any of them :)

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still don’t get much opportunities to watch film games but do see some highlights.
    Damn impressive play !

juanm34, Ancient Moabite and quikkag like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it isn't fair gif.gif

7. MystikArkitect

Who cares man. They live in San Antonio and have to watch Dream destroy the Admiral in playoff highlights until the end of time. 5x champion and no one ever talks about Duncan like they do Dream.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Congrats on the interview! Hope it goes well.

As for the 5 year old explanation:

Players who are doing really well offensively get fed the ball more.

Think back to the LOF days, when they would talk about how when Lin had the ball more the Rockets had a great record, and there were stats to back this up. But that wasn't shocking. If a player has a much better than usual offensive game, then he'll get the ball more, and if he has the ball a lot and he's playing really well, he'll score more than usual and the team is more likely to win.

LOFs thought that Lin having the ball much more meant we would win much more. In reality, Lin playing better meant we would win more. It's the same with Sengun and every other player in the NBA.

Stated another way: Sengun didn't have a career night because the Rockets fed him more; the Rockets fed him more because he was having a career night.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

I"ve been critical on Green as much as anyone, but his game last night was the most complete one I've seen him play. He did everything except hit his 3's; defending, passing, scoring, and finishing crazy backboard layups. This is the version of Green I want to see continue from this point onward.

10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

that was the most fun game i've seen since 2018.

Radricky, justinh and Ancient Moabite like this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Can we play a bottom 3 team every night? It’s more fun.

HakeemOnlyFan and juanm34 like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I just don't understand Jalen's 3pt shooting regression. Is his form broken? Did it change? Where is Ben Sullivan?

albuster likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I am not a shooting expert, but I have not noticed a huge change in form or footwork. When I see a regression like this, my first thought is an injury or decline in athleticism - and that doesn't apply to Green. My second thought is that it is distractions away from the game that is impacting practice or working on his game. Steve Francis for example had that problem..... but I have not heard that Green has avoided working out.

At the end of the day, I think some of it is mental and I think some of it is that they need to sit down and tighten his shot..... Sullivan has his hands full, he is working with Thompson and Brooks and Sengun and Green....

I think if we get lucky and keep our 2024 pick, and also get the Nets pick we can address the post and shooting in this draft. Right now we have a 1:6 chance of keeping out pick - it takes luck, but getting someone like Reed Sheppard to spread the floor and defend and then Kneche or Sarr.

Deuce likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Every good game of his his detractors always say ",this is his most complete game ever".

No it wasn't. It was a good game from him. Literally his last game against the Suns was more complete because he was going everything you mentioned AND hitting threes.

His issue has been consistency. He has shown these highs before. He has had long multiple week stretches of playing at this level especially during that period during the beginning of the season when they team was on long winning streaks.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Green seems to be doing a better job with being consistent with how high he elevates on his jumpshot. Was a problem for a long time. He is also not drifting as much.

so to me, the form has been a little bit more consistent. I personally think it has a lot to do with him, expanding his game and the transformation. His body is continuing to go through. on one hand, I think his shot levels out at some point, but on the other hand, this might be three years down the road because he still has a long way to go in physical maturity.

I thought he played a really good game last night outside of the Misses from deep. I wish we would try to get him more corner three-pointers to help with his average.

Nook likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

Spurs fans logging into the old world wide web today to avoid embarassment.

[​IMG]

Radricky and Ankara1923 like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have a relative in SA who’s a huge Spurs fan. I’ll have fun the next time I see him, thanks to this amazing game!

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hold your horses. Remember Corey Brewer had a 50pt game. Alpi is good but great?

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Alpi can redo that performance again next week, then we can talk. I have family in S.A too

20. Antares

Antares Member

Can't agree more.... Alpi needs to get minimum...literally minimum 45 points and 15+ boards - every night... let's say if there is no back to back games, then the numbers needs to be 55 points and 20+ boards since he will be able to get some rest... if otherwise, just trade him man... just trade him so that we can build around a big center who has length and muscle and can also run fast... period.

OremLK likes this.