1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors: JG4 refusing to be sixth man and believing him not being properly used

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s not crazy. He has got more attention than ever before and he is taking a chance that it will pay off in dollars someday. It has worked for countless internet loud mouths. Don’t like him, but I hate him less than all the news media liars that are pure evil. At least he’s just an idiot.

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Really good point actually, that is true. It has been great for his brand as a rockets influencer and insider.

topfive and cml750 like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nothing says "Rockets insider" like DMs from a pissed-off player.

AroundTheWorld and NewAge like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Bingo

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I find it hard to believe that the same humble rapper who once told a major newspaper that he wants to one day run for President of the USA would exhibit narcissistic behavior.

NewAge, kspires999, GOATuve and 3 others like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It wouldn't sting so badly if there wasn't a "no-brainer" pick sitting there who we passed over. And who has already made the all-defensive first team. And who keeps improving....

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

That left to right draw (from his left hip) has been there since his rookie season. Even the previous coaching staffhad been working with him on his poor body rotation. But nothing has changed.

Could that be a reason for frustration?

8. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

It didn’t look as bad in slow motion as I thought it would, but the left to right draw is definitely a problem because that motion is still ongoing when he starts his follow through. Instead of drawing the ball with his right hand on top, it would be better if he started pushing the ball with his left hand into his right hand - this is what Curry does. His shot has definitely evolved, just not quick enough.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I don't have an issue with increasing the pace - I am largely agnostic to it, as I believe you can win with a wide variety of paces. My point is that increasing the pace to get Green easy buckets also requires that Green get back on defense and make other adjustments as everything comes at a cost. I don't look at Green and believe that pace is what has kept him from playing well.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, lack of pace isn't the reason he can't shoot.

Right now he's only capable of attacking defenses that are not set, situations where his athleticism gives him an advantage and his lack of skills don't hurt him too much..... so I get why he'd want to up the pace, but you don't cater to the worst player on the team at the expense of everything else. At least not when you want to win.

deb4rockets and cml750 like this.
  11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The team is much better this year than it was last year while Jalen is playing worse. Just put some league average guy in his place and I bet we are not just talking play-in, but playoffs. I believe Malik Monk on this team instead of Jalen would have us in the playoffs.

12. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

Malik Monk would be a good player to target in the off season. We need to add 2-3 professional shooters before next year. One free agent, one by trade, and one in the draft.

theDude likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Everyone blames Silas .... when Silas offense generated a very high volume of uncontested looks for Jalen and others to take advantage of - the team, and Jalen just missed them.

The same thing is happening with a Udoka as coach - He's shooting .274 on uncontested 3's ..... but everyone blames Silas for sabotaging Jalen when it looks to me that Jalen helped sabotage Silas.

clutchdabear and Rvo384 like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

When you play absolutely no defense at all and are constantly down 20+ points - it’s not that hard to score but it doesn’t mean it’s good offense or contributes to winning.

Silas was a joke - Carlisle ran the offense in Dallas. There is a reason that Carlisle didn’t really go to bat for Silas…

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My kids would say, “he trick y’all.”

16. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Reminds me of Evan Turner saying that nobody understood his game.

We understand his game...........he is a SG that can't shoot.

clos4life, cml750 and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ballers ball.

18. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It's amazing that he's made zero progress in 2 1/2 years. It's always one great game followed by five bad ones.

19. maypk

maypk Member

Did he really have 9 great games this season?

20. NewAge

NewAge Member

bingo! Let's not forget: Silas was 10-11 in games without Jalen green. that's a much better WIN% than Udoka.