1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors: JG4 refusing to be sixth man and believing him not being properly used

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Feb 21, 2024.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

What was your first clue?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good company next to Julius Randle.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Wow, Green and Clarkson embarrassing the Philippines. They ought to be burning their jerseys with that kind of dismal shooting.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let our player with the worst outside shot play shooting guard, and sign a re-tread as our backup 5.

Yep, that should solve our problems. Get 'er done, Stone!

6. xaos

xaos Member

Roosh has great basketball takes and can talk basketball for days. The thing that rubs me off the wrong way about him is he talks like he was some NBA level player and because he "played the game" he understands what the NBA players are going through or he has some unique insight. Judging by what little videos of him playing I wonder why he thinks he is so good. He screams narcissist. If I took those two components out of the equation I'd rank him pretty highly on people I'd listen to on a regular basis. The guy from the Chop shop (Frank?) On the other hand is my favorite

Just my personal take

7. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Cam and Amen have way more potential now that we've seen basically no improvement from Jalen after 3 seasons.

8. hahachui

hahachui Member

Bro. Jalen means he is not a 3 point shooter. It is being misused

pr0wler likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a talker for sure, we all are - he is also a good listener when you have a good point....Roosh rubs some folks the wrong way, but his heart is 100!

DD

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

These type of threads are frickin depressing!! Every time I bother to read one of these threads it makes me sick to my stomach!! I knew by the eye test that Jalen was not living up to the hype but actually seeing facts upon facts at just how bad he really has played for us is just disheartening! It's no wonder we couldn't trade him, and if there was a trade on the table it was more than likely for pennies on the dollar!

At this point, we won't be getting anything of value in a trade for that #2 pick! We should just ride it out and hope that he can become a high energy scorer off the bench!! YES, off the bench, let either Cam or Amen get a shot at being a starter! Hopefully one of them will take the bull by the horns and make us forget about a missed opportunity in that draft....

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards and DaDakota like this.
  11. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I have limited exposure to him but from what I have read recently he strikes me as an egotistical try hard. He's one of those people who thinks he's important when in reality he's nothing more than a fan just like us. Extremely unlikable person. That said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. He's somebody whose content I will be skipping over

xaos likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I used to think like you, but I see no indication that he will shoot better once he comes off the bench, and in addition to that, his self-perception seems to be that coming off the bench is somehow beneath him, so that would cause problems in the locker room as well.

Unfortunately, looking at his performance over the last almost three years and where it is trending, the only logical conclusion is to cut our losses.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah Frank is my favorite too. He never gets too high or too low and even when I feel like this team or particular players are dog bleep he can usually provide a perspective that puts me at ease. I watch almost everyone of his videos that he uploads.

I like Jackson Gatlin too.

14. Nook

Nook Member

It is really simple. Udoka knows that Green would have better numbers and individual success playing more like he did under Silas - the problem is that is not "winning basketball", and Udoka will not compromise team success for individual success because he wants to win. Green is struggling to adapt offensively - he is learning that winning is a lot harder than just scoring without responsibility.

If Green has a positive attitude - he will likely last longer as a Rocket. If he starts being difficult, he will end up on a loser team. The problem is that if Green won't play the way to lead to wins, other teams will note that - and his value will suffer.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am suspecting he is venting on people like Roosh first to not let it escalate within the organization......

Nobodies to him.....

What goes around, comes around.

16. MystikArkitect

Jalen is just Westbrook minus the ability to get to the rim or shoot a semblance of mid-range. Russ also averaged 22/8/4 on 45% from the field his 3rd year.
    Man I never thought of making this comparison but I could see shades of Royce White in Jalen. "Things aren't how I need them thus I can't perform".

Maybe Tilman needs to buy Jalen an RV to take him from city to city. I remember when Royce got his quack therapist to write a letter saying that it was her opinion that Royce needed to be a starter for his mental health.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Jalen is not quite as bad.

Royce White...lol...DO NOT BE ALARM! BE WELL!

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He cant shoot how the eff else is he supposed to be used?

DeBeards likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

There is a cold spot on the bench that needs to be kept warm. ;)

Joe Rocket likes this.
  20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm not opposed to moving on from him, he really hasn't shown much growth at all since we drafted him and it's apparent that he is the anchor holding all of the other prospects back! Having said that, I think that taking a HEAVY loss on a #2 pick is AS BAD AS IT GETS!! If he gets thrown in as add-on in a trade just to move on from him, then that will speak volumes as to how bad the Silas hiring really was!! We should've seen his lack of growth eons ago and cut ties while he still had decent/positive value, now we are looking at an extremely valuable wasted pick!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hope a minor miracle occurs and Jalen wakes up one morning and he starts proving me wrong.... BUT, I digress....:(

DeBeards and AroundTheWorld like this.