1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:eek:

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This **** looks like a Fiesta special

ROCKSS, Blatz, Rudyc281 and 1 other person like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The navy hat with the white H looks good.
    The H alone doesn’t look terrible but H-Town in old e font is as trashy looking as it gets

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The font is really awful but the colors have potential. We’ll see.

5. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Nice sale. I was able to grab quite a bit of "retro" gear on Saturday. Shirts, fitted lids, and a couple of Stingley jerseys for my grandson. One for now and a larger one for later.

MadMax and Rvo384 like this.
  6. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

One of the media folks who first saw the designs keeps teasing the blue

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

So the helmet will change or not?

8. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

I’m betting it does even if slightly. I don’t remember seeing a team change uniforms and the helmets don’t change

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Everything with the Columbia blue on it or "H-Town" so far has been hideous. Not a good omen.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I just hope they nail the design right

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I've wondered.... the Titans made SUCH a big deal about the Oilers throwbacks......... were there possibly backroom shenanigans in which the Texans fought - and won - the right to incorporate the Columbia blue and the Oiler throwback was a swan song for the Titans, who will no longer be able to use those unis?

I'm not sure I fully buy this narrative, as I can't imagine the NFL or Titans letting go of the throwback money train. But, at the same time: the Titans cease-and-desist'ed the freaking Rice Owls (right? Or was it UH?) for wearing similar colors... How are the Texans going to be able to wear Columbia Blue, red and white (+, I assume, navy) without the Titans throwing a GIGANTIC FIT???

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  12. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

The NFL sent the cease and desist to U of H. Rice got to keep their version of the uniform because it said Rice on it and not Houston. Also the workaround for the Texans is calling it HTOWN blue and not Luv ya Blue.

Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  13. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Also remember the Rockets got away with wearing it by also calling it HTOWN Blue.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm with you. I just think the NFL approval would include the Titans. Otherwise, you'd have two franchises fighting over branding...and I would imagine the NFL has a process to insure that doesn't happen.

15. Hey Now!

I have to imagine the Titans were behind that?

I'm not a lawyer - but I'm fairly certain color schemes are incorporated into whatever legal protection teams have for their names, logos, etc. So I don't think you can get around it by calling it a different name. If the color scheme infringes on another team's color scheme, the NFL would never approve it.

16. Hey Now!

100. Yeah - these uniform changes DO NOT happen in a vacuum. The NFL very closely monitors and ultimately approves any/all changes. I doubt there's a committee approach (nothing would get done with 32 cooks in the same kitchen) - but where it might potentially infringe... the owners know.

So if the Texans are going to be afforded the right to wear a combination that is very clearly rooted in Oilers colors, the Titans have been properly informed, paid and/or tranquilized.

Rudyc281, Two Sandwiches and MadMax like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think it's pretty obvious that there will be an HTown blue color rush type jersey, with the Gothic font, including the numbers and "H-Town" on the front. With or without steel blue sleeve stripes like we've always had.

If this is done with a red or white helmet, I think I could potentially overlook the gaudy font. I think it'll look cool even with a blue helmet, too. Especially if it said "Texans" and not "H-Town".

If I could Photoshop, I'd do it. H Town Blue jersey and pants. Red numbers in the font we all hate. "H-Town" in the same font, but small, across the front. White outlines to the number. Steel blue sleeve stripes. Red helmet.

#1237 Two Sandwiches, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    BigM and Rvo384 like this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I keep saying this, though...

If it's a shade off, and so is the red, and an incorporation of steel blue, then isn't that a grey area? (See what I did there)

I mean, the Lions use a shade that's close enough and have never had a problem. A line has to be drawn somewhere. Methinks the line could have been drawn behind the scenes, and it allows the Texans to use similar colors (but not the same) as long as they don't use "Houston" or "Oilers" on the jersey.

Thus, the "workaround" we've heard about, Hannah spouting off at them thinking they own every shade of blue, and the Titans big FU to the Texans (or so they thought) with the Oilers throwbacks this year.

#1238 Two Sandwiches, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    Rvo384 likes this.
  19. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Exactly this

20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep have heard about the color rush being HTOWN blue. Lawyers already had everything approved. Titans fans will throw a fit lol