1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. a time to chill

Jalen may have been right about not being used right. They've tried him as a PG and SG and neither has worked. Next, they should try him as a 6th man. That may be the proper way to use him.

Ime's a good coach with limited options on the roster, so I don't put the offensive struggles on him.

If we only win 32 games Stone should be fired. With 3 high-draft picks and $60M in cap space, to only win that amount of games is inexcusable. We're going to need a fresh perspective on how to proceed during the next stage of the rebuild. Someone with no emotional attachment to recent high-draft picks that are underperforming.

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Just exposing hate from You and miserable and bitter people like you and @HardenReturns @cml750 who sit on your ass all day criticizing Jalen based on your standards which has nothing to do with reality. What have you all accomplished? He’s living out his dreams and don’t need more hate from supposed fans like you. I say again You all have no value. You all are bi+ches. You all are weak minded and you all are regressive. The constant bi+ching and complaining is getting old. Its your problem not his deal with it.

#542 Stephen_A, Feb 18, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    Ancient Moabite and rocketchamp like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8th or 9th man

4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Are a few of you guys going to do this personal back and forth for the rest of this thread? I think you know where each other stands at this point. Message each other if need be. You've spent your entire weekend with this drama.

This is actually a very relevant topic minus the high school back and forth

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

relevant? Lol have you read anything on this site? Most of it is “high school” level in terms of logic, analysis, and reasoning lmao

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I haven't been here very long so I'm not versed as to whether it's typical. I only post on topics that interest me as well. I don't read anywhere close to even a third of the content.

That said, I still feel my point is valid even if it's prevalent throughout the board

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This Twitter topic is “high school” in itself. No one is talking about basketball but instead infatuated with what a fake journalist said about Green.

8. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I don't disagree with you. The Roosh guy seems like someone who simply is looking for attention. Personally, after looking at the profiles of a lot of "Rockets twitter", I'll pass on getting any information from them or reading anything they have to write/tweet. I'll stick to Clutch and Iko.

Mathloom and Stephen_A like this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

As to your comment on “high school” bickering. My goal is simple. To expose the unnecessary and toxic hate on this site from fans who have nothing better to do with their time but consistently criticize, demean, and complain about Green or any player not named Sengun or Cam but I suspect they will turn on Cam at some point once his continuous selfish play hurt more than helps this team. To criticize with quantitative data, evidence from observation, supporting published facts, and knowledge is one thing but to constantly sit on your ass and criticize everyday attacking player x especially green with nothing good to say is regressive, pointless, and looks stupid. At the end of the day It’s hate. Nothing else. This is a fact.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

What your expectation before the season? Because now that this team has exceeded expectations around the league this season, ppl keep acting as if Stone's job is in jeopardy. This is pure fantasy

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jalen's 22, he'll be fine in his career. Roosh is 35 without a real career & looking for attention. Stop picking on the kid

Mathloom likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You mean Jalen shouldn’t take career advice from Roosh? But then how would he have gone on that “streak” of hot games?

Maybe we should move Roosh into a player development role in the organization with his magic advice.

Tell us Roosh I’ve been told you have a burner account here: what was the magic advice that ignited Jalen for all of 2 games?

gfab-babyboi, DaDakota and J.R. like this.
  13. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Fair enough

14. a time to chill

What’s pure fantasy is still hoping that Jalen will emerge as a star on the Rockets.

I thought the Rockets should win at least 40 before the season started.
    Success was linked to how much growth we’d see from the young core. If Stone can’t manage to construct a 40 win roster with all the resources he had, I can’t trust him going forward.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Stone's not going anywhere. It's year 3 and we've already seen a culture change & energy around the team. Expectations around the roster weren't high going into the season, but now that we've shown glimpses, now it's 40 wins or bust for Stone? Pure fantasy. By any other standards Rafael Stone has exceeded expectations in year 3

RichieBanks223 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you went Over 31.5 then 32 would get you a sum.

17. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Thing is, I dont think he will do much about the threats and cussing. He probably focused more on the relevance of Ime talking about benching players and the fact that Jalen didnt want to hear none of it from someone like a random as Roosh. How will he feel to come off the bench? Will he get upset with Ime?

I think rn the best thing for Jalen is to come off the bench score 30+ just like Klay did and keep proving to the doubters that they are wrong.

On a side note I still dont understand why ppl seems so upset with what randoms say on twitter. Like who cares if he is some corny rapper or w/e. Same thing that ppl do with the whole Jalen painting his nails thing. Just focus on the important things and stop getting caught up in details which has nothing of value.

18. HROZ

HROZ Member

Rockets problem as they've got a worse team than expected.

Jalen's problem as he won't get as much money on his extension.

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

fan expectation doesn't matter. it's not based on anything or affects anything. the only expectations that matter are the players' own expectations for themselves and the team's (execs, coaching staff) expectations for them. period

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Iko? The one that wrote 20 trade proposals for the Rockets to get screwed?

AroundTheWorld likes this.