1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

The Rockets can get much, much more for him, with him, in a package trade this offseason.

Trade deadline trades suckass unless you're getting a piece back to actually win something.

The Rox are not ready to win something, yet.

2. Buck Turgidson

Obviously Bagwell's fault.

I'll see you in the Astros Forum.

snowconeman22 and jim1961 like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

After Ime benches him the rest of the season, no one in the rest of the NBA will be under the illusion that Jalen is worth a damn. Ime is in a tough spot, because if he doesn’t bench Jalen in an attempt to preserve some trade value, it makes a mockery of all the talk about accountability at the start of the season. I’m guessing Ime is going to choose his integrity over saving Stone’s ass.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Rockets would have been smart to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green.

5. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Thread didn’t age well

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The day it was posted it wasn't well.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

so wtf is stage 2?

wtf is all this “Liftoff” advertising?

the FO and team expect to compete for a playoff spot. They built the entire media campaign on that and Stone FAILED. He’ll be lucky to make it to next year’s deadline. I guarantee is the Rockets have a losing record by Christmas he will be fired

jim1961 likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I don't know, because I never said anything about either of those things.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You’re ok with quitting the season AT the trade deadline? With 42 games left?

12. Buck Turgidson

I'm ok with rolling with whatever the Rox have this year, and making some changes in the offseason.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Phase 2 as management called it meant that the team would begin to be far more competitive and rack up higher win totals than in the previous 3 seasons when they were tanking(i.e. Phase 1).

Now we can debate how many wins that should be this year, but I do think it was anticipated that they'd be in the mix for a play-in spot. Unfortunately they're likely gonna fall short of that and possibly not even finish ahead of the rebuilding Jazz. That would be a massive disappointment.

What I won't debate is that if they're this mediocre next season(especially if it's due to another horrible road record), there could be major changes in the front office and possibly even with the coaching staff. But I think they're gonna shake up the roster this summer in order to avoid that scenario.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

Jalen's trade value will most likely never be higher than when he had a super rare good stretch right at the trade deadline. The highest draft pick we have had in decades is unfortunately a huge bust. It is time for him to go to the bench when Cam comes back.

jim1961 likes this.
  15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Losing Tari for the season and FVV for a large chunk is disappointing, too. It could ultimately swing their win total by as much as 5 games. The record at the end of this season isn’t that important to me. It’s what they do in the offseason with the information they gained.

I hope Stone being here for the Harden acquisition hasn’t ruined him as a GM. I’m afraid he is trying to stockpile assets in order to make a big offer for a superstar rather than using the anvailable assets to fill specific needs and deficiencies and make upgrades.

Corpusfan likes this.
  16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are 42 games of this left???? Oh jeez!

18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Hey @rocketchamp you ready to admit how stupid of a take this thread was yet?

napalm06 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I’m not sure how you can watch this guy for the majority of the season continually do stupid s*** like this, turn the ball over while consistently shooting 1-7 in first halves causing us to get down often, and somehow still think he’s good.

Some of the delusion in this thread by OP (and others) is wild.

Crashlanded19 likes this.