1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Memorabilia/Autographs/baseball cards

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jan 9, 2024.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

everyday eddie, Stack24 and Bregatron like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Who is signing that bat?

3. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Joe Espada

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Nice.

5. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Really cool. I need to get an Espada for the collection.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I wish it was!

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I've collected since the Colt 45s were still part of the card sets. But after a while, they all ended up in the spokes of my bicycles. I wanted the gum you had to purchase to get the cards.

What I collect changed over time and now I have a fine collection of Early American Coppers, mostly cents but a few Half Cents and Two Cent pieces. My Icon is the rarest variety I have purchased though I do have some unique die states. My Icon is one of 11 known of this variety, but 4 of them have been discovered in the last 20 years.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Just got wrapped up at the show. Dusty is a great dude and a even better human being. He spent a lot of time talking to fans. He took a ton of photos with fans whereas they want you to pay for it. He treated my son very well. He and Diaz embraced each other and talked for at least five minutes.

Pressly had a large media following. Brian Mctaggart was awesome to talk to. Rocket was great as well.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Released a week ago, 2023 Topps Diamond Icons is a great product to join breaks to get pc mostly autograph cards (all numbered #/25 or less). Opening wax, or joining group breaks is gambling, but if you watch enough breaks, it is not gambling, as in Poker, it is counting cards. Astros are the best team to hit something in a case, or a box and the value is not over the top. I watched 2 cases with only 1 Astros hit, so I joined the next few boxes, or 1 case. What is great is all the cards are on-card, or player signed on the card, not sticker. The bad is the value will be down because they are getting flooded. I joined 4 breaks of Astros (mostly of 1 boxers and 1 case) and 1 random player (that is gambling). My result, I hit 3 Nolan Ryan (3 different colors autograph), 2 Jose Abreu (purple), 1 Altuve (red), 2 Biggio (silver and blue) and 1 Bagwell (blue). With exception to Biggio #/d to 25, all the cards are numbered under 10. I sold the 2 Ryans to make up for the money used to joined the break, so the rest is profit which includes Freeman and Soto, those I will sell and the duplicates. In 1 box of 10 cards, I hit Tuve, Biggio and Bagwell, but the 2nd box was the best which I didn't get and was bought by someone, it had Ryan Green and Kyle Tucker Green. The best was seeing someone hit 6 Astros cards in 1 case (Bregman Auto Patch Redemption, Ryan, Yordan, Tucker, Tuve and Abreu). A lot of new products will not recoup the money, this you have a better chance especially with the Astros. Fun to get hits than get hitless.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  10. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I’ve been hunting the Altuve stadium cards.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Tuve just recently became an Astros lifer so some of these sellers would overprice them. But you may find Tuve at a good price because there is a portion of the collector who still despises him.

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I have almost all of his parallels of 2011 and most of them are a grade 10. I've buying several raw basic RC cards for him to sign in June.

Yordan's price has spiked a lot.

13. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I collect game used items (not on card)

Game used jerseys from 2017- Altuve, Springer, Correa, Bregman, Verlander

Game used jerseys from 2022‐ Tucker and Yordan

Game used bats-Altuve, Correa, Springer and Yordan

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Just jumping back into this thread to say thanks to @CheezeyBoy22, who did me a MAJOR solid during Tri-Star when I unexpectedly couldn't attend. Great dude who went above and beyond. Like, WAY above & beyond. Great to build a community in here.

Now, what's this about a June autograph with Altuve......?

15. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

We're going in June my friend. Get ready! The list below will be updated once we get closer. I am hearing that Yuli might attend this event. He had a private event in Georgia that I couldn't attend on the 8th.

HOUSTON SUMMER 2024
    AUTOGRAPH & SPORTS CARD SHOW
    Friday June 21, 2024: 5pm-9pm FREE Admission
    Saturday June 22, 2024: 9am-5pm $10 Admission
    Sunday June 23, 2024: 10am-5pm $10 Admission

Bayou City Event Center
    9401 Knight Road
    Houston, TX 77045

Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman, Kyle Tucker, Yordan Alvarez, Martin Maldonado, Christian Javier, Framber Valdez, Bryan Abreu, Rafael Montero, Hector Neris, Luis Garcia, and Evan Gattis. Guests Pictured are confirmed or highly probable.

GOATuve likes this.
  16. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I do have a connection that has very unique bats, baseballs, and jerseys that signed. They are not game used, but some of the things I've purchased are top of the line. Just let me know.

He has this awesome Craig Biggio bat that has been signed. Very cool stuff.

GOATuve likes this.
  17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Very cool and will do

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Like.... seriously? That's happening? That's insane.

BTW, if anyone knows of an Andre Johnson signing... One of my new, favorite chases is getting Hall of Famers rookie card autographs with the "HoF (year)" inscription. I wanna grab "Andre Johnson HoF '24" since he's the first Texan to go in.

19. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yes sir.

I would expect TriStar will have Dre next year, but I will keep an eye out.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This will packed the house, I wonder how Tri-Star couldn't assemble these players year in and year out. I really question Neris and Maldonado availability. Maybe this list was done after the season.