1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grade Ime Udoka

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Feb 13, 2024.

?

Grade

1. A

2. A-

3. B

4. B-

5. C

6. C-

7. D

8. D-

9. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

A-
    He is holding each player accountable and try to put players in position to be successful. He is a defense minded and strategic coach. He is doing well, he is a asset for this Franchise

No Worries and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

So far 38 people voted A or A-, 27 people voted B, C, D.

I don't know whether those A voters realise that A is for prime time Pop, Phil Jackson, Prime Pat Riley, prime Rudy T and A-- for Kings' Adelman, Jazz's Jerry Sloan, Pistons's Larry Brown etc...

Sometimes @Salvy is trolling and being sarcastic. It is a kind of fun if there is a person trolling but 38 is too much.

If they are not trolling and this As are the real opinion, then we have a much bigger problem here.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not really care about grading people .........some guys are totally lax on grading ....some are too strict.......

Guys have and hold people to different standards, you better listen to people who have a grading system .....like some good media people.

But to @jim1961, of course,Udoka did much better than Stone, Jalen Green, the Rockets overall.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Of course Udoka is much better than Silas who is not a NBA caliber HC.

But if your comparison is Silas you are already an hopeless case.

Stone is not Presti but as he brought young core-6 to us he succeeded in drafting (he also wasted 3 FRPs, another story). If he catches Danny Ainge for trading players, he might be considered success. Otherwise not so good as we aren't going to have picks as much.

Green is a special player and needs to be mentored to erase bad effects of Silas/KPJ/Hornacek/Lucas/Lionel Hollins era. That time and lack of proper college basketball experience created some bad habits. We need a better coaching for him. He can be a terrific scorer if mentored/trained properly.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Problem is I never mentioned Silas in my post, at least in this thread.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

When I say you, I meant Rockets fanbase or the ones make Silas-Udoka comparison.

That you was not you :) Sorry for my bad description.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keep doing good work, no problem at all.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I haven't even graded him yet, looking now and there is no A+ option... My only knock on Udoka has been his challenge skills which are nowhere near Silas elite level, he tends to bench our best players in order to make a "statement"..... It keeps happening and I'm afraid the young guys are just going to accept they won't be able to contribute if they are having a bad game. Don't bench Sengun and Green in the 4th often, the talent on those guys can win you a game despite what happened in the previous three quarters. Green needs more plays also, like.... Green always has to make something happen for himself or he doesn't score, they all just look at him when he gets the ball... Still, Ime is a great coach... One of the best in the league with a young team. A+ for sure...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I like your sarcasm/trolling. I would not surprise if you propose Silas or Udoka is better than Red Auerbach considering just joking. But 42 people (so far) grading him A/A- is an "auchtung baby" moment.

10. Holybats

Holybats Member

A for defence D for offense. C Average.This team has way more potential.I was expecting 41+ wins in preseason. I suspect this happens at the end of the season.He was critiquing Alperen for fancy passes i am glad Amen joins Alperen. He may ask again for two.:D

Ankara1923 likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Would just like him to improve his offense to suit all our Core 6. I also need him to be happy with his work a little more often.

Other than that he’s been stellar. Overall I give him a B+ with the opportunity to get an A- if the team wins more than half its games after the break.

12. Big Time Titan

Solid B. Way damn better than Silas. Has these guys buying into his brand of basketball. Can’t say much bad about him. There’s still a ton of improvement needed and quite a ways to go but definitely has the team in the right direction.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it is only the last 20 games, then yeah B Minus for me.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Grade him a D this game.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What should he have done this game?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why he still got a D and not an F.

D got me through my worst class actually.....kept me alive.

There is not much he could do on the road.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who offense provided more open shots?
    Ime or Silas … cause our offense sucks - our shooting sucks .. we have players who came into season shooting well after training with their own people in offseason and now regressing past the median of suckatude

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He might legitimately be a worse offensive coach than Silas.

Ime is just a better leader of men. Ime needs an offensive assistant. Higher Dantoni or something.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We were 26th and 27th on offense in our previous two seasons under Silas. This season so far we are 23rd (not counting tonight's game). So a slight improvement. But consider the fact that we added FVV and Sengun and Smith have improved their shooting, we should have improved by more than slightly.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a vastly different Offense though.

Silas was all your turn my turn.......and Udoka is just running 2 man games out there but it is the same bricklaying.....

Kudos to you for finding that mini improvement among the bricks.....

Easy likes this.