1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 23-24 Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 8, 2024.

1. MystikArkitect

Multiple second rounders is what you offer when the other team is trying to just shed salary. Tate isn't bloat. He's a serviceable player, especially on a contender as a high energy guy of the bench. He would make the Mavs a better team. Two seconds does nothing for us. We need shooting.

Williamson likes this.
  2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Boucher is out of the Raptors' rotation this season, but he averaged 2.1Blk/36min his career. yes stretch 5/long PF, just like Olynyk (with less 3&Passing but better rim-protecting)

joshuaao and OremLK like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrong. tate is literally useless on this team. 2 2nds does plenty for exactly what i posted and those are the most important things this rockets team needs going forward.

dudes on here trying to act like tate is some hidden gem. stop it. dudes undersized and been a now foul machine and just throws his stupid hands up like what i do. and he can't shoot worth a lick either

JayGoogle and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

two seconds do nothing? You mean like the seconds we have used to facilitate 3 different trades this years?

theDude likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Regardless we do have to step in his shoes to understand what the KPI’s would look like for Stone to essentially keep his job and get an idea for what Stone is likely to do here to make sure the team meets those expectations.

Appealing to Tillmans pocket book right now would do a lot to help Stone’s employment for next year and signal to him that we are building for next year to be one where we take off and it’s a sell out every night and we get a slate of national tv appearances.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Presti is sitting atop a mountain of gold FRPs, and his trade deadline consists of doling out 2nd rounders to upgrade the rotation. One of these days, that dude is going to push all those FRPs to the middle of the table and pull off a stunning trade for a couple of major stars to add to an already great roster. That's something of concern for us Rox fans who are hoping for a title a few years down the road.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's still my goal. I don't see why we should not be able to go 21-11 the rest of the way if we had gotten a Gafford and a shooter and Tari back. If we were to hit a stride.

Never give up early.

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s why I prefer Boston. Since they want Tate, we could use Hauser who’s a good shooter.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I never said that was the goal of the team. I said a long time ago that was actually not a goal. I was just disputing where the idea came from that this team was trying to make the playoffs. It wasn't just one thing. It was firing Silas, brining in a big time coach in Udoka, ownership and the front office wanting to see improvement, the coach saying his goal was playoffs, bringing in vets, the good start they got off to....And it's not like the playoffs is totally out of reach either btw...

Also, regarding this part of your last post:

GSW won 23 games Marc Jackson's first year...they won 47 the next year and lost in the second round. 2 years later they won a title.

Tha'ts 3 years going from 23 wins to NBA champs.

Cavs won 24 games and within 2 years were in the finals and within three beat the GSW to win the title.

I'm guessing that going from Cellar Dwellar to champs within a few years has happened more than you realize.

topfive likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I realized a while ago that the team isn't actually going to press that issue. Sure they can still do it, but I don't think it's priority for them.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we are 2-3 years behind the Thunder.

No need to be concerned about contending yet since it’s about “patience” . According to lots here we aren’t gonna be looking to contend until 2030.

Jalen, Şengün and Bari will still be in their mid 20’s!
    :D

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dennis Schroeder for Dinwiddie.

Dennis wears out his welcome quickly.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

they won 23 games in a lock out shortened season in which the team wasn't even built around curry not exactly the best year to cite wins. they then got rid of guys like monte and committed to curry that next year

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ooooh Micic.....but cool with that.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're probably right in that it happens once a decade or so.Celts once they added Bird, etc. But in all of those cases, we're talking about teams that added some of the best players the league has ever seen.

With that in mind, I'll amend my comment to say that our only hope of making the playoffs this year is if we trade for future Hall of Famer. :D

xtruroyaltyx and Verbal Christ like this.
  16. conquistador#11

January 1st was Eason's last game.

J.R. likes this.
  17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

15 minutes of Daniel Gafford is not changing us from a 0.460% team to a 0.656% winning team (somewhere between Clippers and Bucks pace).

YOLO likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

WTF??? He's retiring?!? :D

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

5 road wins after 50 games. 18 road games left.

Simple realistic logic and math tells you 21-11 isn't happening especially when they were never at that pace of a record ever. things don't just completely flip with 30 games left

topfive likes this.