1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fred VanVleet goes down with an abductor strain (I.D.I.O.T.)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not to bea Debby downer, but the refs could really hamstring Amen. I suspect Indi will attack him often knowing that we have no one else capable of guarding him.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not too worried about it, I think Brooks can do a great job guarding Halibruton too. There's no difficult assignment at SG/SF so that gives us some options.

3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Agree.

If the others hit their shots we're good.

If not... :confused:

Mathloom and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

this is why i preferred the team pursue Dejounte Murray over Bridges. Ime played FVV way too much, because he's the only true point guard on the team. a FVV/D.Murray back court gives you 2 reliable play-making guards and FVV won't have to play 37min. a night.
    Dejounte is also on a very reasonable contract that'll fit nicely with our young core when their rookie contract up for resigning. and the cost should be much less than what the Nets asking for Bridges.

i'll do a Jalen Green + Holiday + Nets 24' FRP for Dejounte Murray trade.

Landale is useless but his contract (non-guaranteed every year) has some value itself. try Landale + 2 second rounders for K.Olynyk. Jazz got surplus big men and might want to cash in some SRPs rather than lose him for nothing in the summer.

Tate is one of my favorite Rockets, but it's hard to put him next to Amen in the 2nd units with two non-shooters.
    I'd like to trade J.Tate with some second picks to the Bulls for Patrick Williams who's expiring this summer and the Bulls might not be able to keep him if they stick with all the big contracts (LaVine/Vucevic/DeRozan/Ball/White/Caruso/ ...). dude is perfect 3/D player to pair with Tari at 3/4.

we still have the MLE money not used, hopefully Stone can get a nice backup point guard in the buy-out market with the MLE money, i.e. Lowry, D.Wright, ...

Sengun, Olynyk, Boban, Adams
    J.Smith, P.Williams, Je.Green
    D.Brooks, T.Eason
    D.Murray, Whitmore, Bullock
    VanVleet, A.Thompson, D.Wright

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Looking at our schedule, I think this injury came at about the best time it could have. 2 of our next 5 games are against the Raptors and the Grizzlies. Those should be very winnable without Fred. If we can take care of business there and also steal one against the Pacers, Hawks, or Knicks, we'll go into the All-Star break 26-28. That'll make it 2.5 weeks since Fred's injury before we have to play again. If this is a grade 1 sprain, he may be back to play against New Orleans on the 22nd. Let's hope that's the case.