1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Sengun

Sengun Member

A player cannot betray his talent this much. He looks like a loser on the court. His only concern is to pass the ball to someone. If you want to be a part of this stupidity, your way is open. Three years have passed and you still don't have a reliable shot. You want the max contract but you can't make that free throw at the most critical moment. Do you want to be a big player? Then you will play big. You have to lead by accepting that everyone around you is lower and more pathetic than you but you don't have that mentality and while you're trying to make them play, you forget to play yourself because you're not a winner, you're just an ordinary player trying to make the people around you play.

You're a coward, and if you're doing this because the coaches want you to, you're extra guilty for not being able to stand up to them. Dude, prepare yourself for 4y/80m because you don't deserve anything more than that.

My bloodu hell username is Sengun and you are a big disappointment to me.He's a superstar ehiiiiiiiiiiiiii. You're not even as brave as soft ass KAT. Be ashamed of yourself.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I love the kid but his free throws loss us at least 3 games this season

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao Jalen Green looks much worse in Year 3.

4. Sengun

Sengun Member

Whoever calls this **** BABY JOKIC is also hindering this idiot's development. Although this kid is called BABY JOKIC, he forgot the concept of scoring which is the most basic principle of bball and looks like a stupid BEN SIMMONS copy trying to pass the ball in every position.

5. Strawberry Gum

Get a hold of yourself.

6. invocux

invocux Member

Claxton is so f.cked in playoffs man. I feel sorry for that kid. Sengun should improve his ft % not to end up like him.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You are rambling, I think I know what you mean. I think we are overestimating Senguns passing. He doesn't see the floor as well as Jokic or even Sabonis at this point. Too many possessions he just waits for the double team and can't make a pass and then turns it over.

He's gonna attack first and worry about passing second.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Get out of the house, got have some fun, stay away from the internet for the rest of the night. If tomorrow you still feel the same, then vent and post away.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There are like 2 or 3 people in history who see the floor and pass like Jokic, that's why the comparison annoys me. Jokic is basically between elite and GOAT at EVERYTHING on offense, it's a ludicrus standard to hold someone to.

harold bingo likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How about Sabonis. My point is Sengun is trying to play like Jokic without having the same vision and it leads to really bad possessions and bad passes. He should cut that down and focus on scoring

11. csc177

csc177 Member

Nobody wants to talk about that though.

Future stars cost their teams games over FREE THROWS. I though he learned that after the first game

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  12. anchel

anchel Member

Udoka should have put him on the court with 4 minutes left and -5.
    Our next possesions were bad shots, bad possesions, as expected.
    Yes, he would have struggled to guard one of the Nets wings... and so would have them against him on the post. The point is, he's your best player, he has to be on the court at a tied game with 4 minutes left. You can't imagine something different with the best player of any other team.

Also, the Rockets should start their 1st quarters playing for him like they have done at the start of the 3rd.
    Sengun is our best player, but for whatever reason he's not treated like that too often, and that simply does not benefit the team, it makes it worse than what could be.

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Sabonis is levels below Jokic, you couldn't put sabonis with a bunch of trash and be awesome on offense the way you can with Jokic. I expect Sengun to get to and surpass Sabonis though he's not there yet

tagedieb and clos4life like this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

May be he does not believe in "franchise player" mentality.
    Basketball is not wrestling/boxing/high jumping, it is a team sport. He was taught in that way.

He should assist more and more. His assist numbers per36 is not very different than his rookie season.Not good.

15. invocux

invocux Member

I think he has better court vision than Sabonis. Most of Sabonis' assists come from handoffs. Sengun feeds the cutters, tries weird passes like that in Bucks game where he found Jabari waiting in the corner.

16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He’s 21 dude. Yeah he’s gonna be worse than these guys are today because they’re 27 and 28 years old. He should absolutely not stop doing it, it’s a skill he needs to develop if he wants to become a superstar. It’s insane how many people judge sengun like he’s a finished product.

17. Strawberry Gum

I agree that Sengun had a bad game today. I also agree that our drop defense is much harder to execute when Bari is out. Still, no need to overreact this immensely. He's 21 years old. He'll get better both mentally and physically.

We should've played pick 'n roll more. It was just obvious that post-up was not working, Nets didn't let Sengun to get in proper post-up position whole game. We turned the ball over several times while trying to give the ball to Sengun.

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Udoka is an average coach, only 1 year experience under his wings before Houston tenure. You expect too much. It is not different than expecting current day Tari to be at the same level of NBA Great SFs.

One day Tari will be a superb player. Hope Udoka becomes better season by season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Udoker is an intense man but the Celtics actually made Udoker not the other way around.

Gergin likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jokic is like Shaq, Alpe is like Ewing....nothing wrong with that......

Joker is also built like a giant butcher.

Always said Joker is going to be better at shooting and Free Throws.......

Alpe might get to 80% but Clutch FTs it is harder to make.