1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Dream Why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JDuBb, Aug 2, 2001.

1. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

I came home and turned on the ESPN news and saw the headlines.You know all that homerun highlights,THEN they report about the Carter deal and THEN they reported THAT DREAM IS GONNA GET TRADED.I was hella pissed.I really thought that we are gonna keep him someway and somehow.But WHY Did dream reject our deal?I'm not mad at dream but Im pissed off at our organization for not giving him what he wanted!!We should ahve got him the Cash.We should have gave it to him.He made the rockets.If you mention the rockets,FIRST thing to mind would be Dream.He is the defination of the rockets.He gave us the clutchcity days and We DIDN't give him what he wanted.If we had Mark Cuban this would have never gotten like this.It sucks so bad to see him leave to Toronto.I still think he got the talent to perform and really help the team.I mean he was flashing back to his old self last year.Dream will have a great year with the raptors and we all will pissed off,and the mangament will realize that they made a huge mistake.This is the same why the Bulls treated Jordan and Scottie Pippen.It sucks how teams treats their players after all they done for them in the past.I really wished Mark Cuban was our owner right now.It just sucks and Im pissed.Its not gonna be the same when I watch games now.Aight.give me your input on the sitution.Im out.Peace
    P.S.-I know im gonna get heat for this,but im just pissed to see Dream leave.I'm still a hardcore Rocks Fan though.
    ------------------
    -JDuBb...One

[This message has been edited by JDuBb (edited August 01, 2001).]

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I really wished Mark Cuban was our owner right now.

What does he have to do with anything? This has nothing to do with the Rockets being cheap to Hakeem. The Rockets just think he isn't worth a contract that would make them lose Mo Taylor, Moochie, Shandon, and others. Everyone has a salary cap, EVEN MARK CUBAN. This came down to a talent and personnel evaluation-- is Dream worth the type of contract that would take the Rockets cap room from other free agents? The Rockets said no, and how exactly has Mark Cuban shown any indication to do otherwise?

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

3. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

We didn't give him money because of the luxury tax.Thats all the Rockets are worrying about.The Luxury Tax.Cuban doesn't care about the luxury tax and he is the only owner in the league that doesn't.Its all the Luxury Tax.Peace

------------------
    -JDuBb...One

4. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

If you really feel that way you might want to think about being a Dallas or Toronto fan. I know I was not willing to give up young talent to keep a player that would spend most of the season on the IR, he got his money and the chance to stay until he wanted to retire[again], he is the one that chose to go somewhere else.

What would you have been saying next season when we had less talent and Hakeem was on the IR again? Why don't they get better players.

------------------

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

JduBb,you are so wrong.

We couldn't afford to offer Hakeem more because we had promised money to Mo and Shandon. The luxury tax is NOT a factor. Trust me.

------------------
    God help me, ...I was only nineteen.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

6. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

davo,
    Are you sure?Because David Alridge from ESPN reported this like a week or two back.So im pretty sure about this.I think he got all the inside scoop and ESPN is pretty accurate.
    Peace

------------------
    -JDuBb...One

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yeah, Aldridge's inside sources are reliable! [​IMG] Luxury tax has NOTHING to do with it. The geniuses in the media THINK it is the reason because teams like Cleveland and the Lakers are worried about it, but he has NOTHING to do with the Rockets not re-signing Dream.

------------------
    What if I say to you that the universe is a three-legged horse, eh? What then?
    - Russell Hoban

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

David Aldridge also said he is sure hakeem will become a rocket. And he also said that Damon Stoudamire was a rocket then he felt stupid.

------------------
    "The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex," Ewing said. "I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left."