1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is embarrassing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Jan 24, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Embarrassing??? :rolleyes:

I'm embarrassed that you're embarrassed! No one in their right mind thought/thinks that this team is anywhere near being a contender!! This is our first post tank year with a new coach trying to break old habits and instill a cohesive basketball culture! NO, I'm not making excuses for the loss or the team, but what I am saying is that progress is rarely if ever linear!!!

Embarrassed?? Hell to the naw!! If anything I'm encouraged to see CLEARLY who our foundation should be and who perhaps NEEDS to be dealt before the trade deadline! Some people are negative nelly's and only see faults, I see clarity in the losses and a bright future in the horizon!!

Go Rockets!!!

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

it just doesn't feel like we have any star guys outside of segun for now.

Green-well we know about him; I think he's almost universally hated(?) on this forum right now
    Jabari- hasn't gotten it together but shows flashes. Just inconsistent and but he's also very young; also doesn't get enough shots
    Amen and Cam-can't tell yet; both show flashes but both have their warts.

I mean I could go ahead and do this for every guy on the roster but the post would be too long

Lot of talent but I don't see guys that will be stars anytime soon

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Amen and Cam are the bright spots for me the last weeks.

They take turns producing in games......

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm FAR less embarrassed by a scrappy young team than a team that only shoots contested 3s in the playoffs and goes 0-27 or chokes in game 6s and 7s.

Shame and embarrassment are a result of expectations. Maybe recalibrate?

Edit: I do want to see consistent improvement though. So I expect the people who are saying this is a disgrace/embarrassment should not be the same people that are opposed to trading anyone (specifically Jalen Green).

#46 napalm06, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    roslolian likes this.
  7. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

We have competitive team. We are missing Jabari and Tari. We lost Dillon for a good chunk. You can see after Tari went down we feel off all over the board. Jabari is one of our best defenders. I say relax and enjoy the building of the team. No one expected this team to be no where near .500. This is the 1st year of phase 2. Next year we will be fighting for a top 8 spot.

The PDX game was for sure going down as a nail biter. I’m surprised we didn’t get blown out. They were on a mission and pissed about their game the night before.

comrade and roslolian like this.
  8. csc177

csc177 Member

Ime is finally seeing the talent minus Alpie isn’t very good. This team sucks. Stone is terrible at his job too - entertaining Harrison Barnes is a joke

daywalker02 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

A 12 win team? Nail biter? Pissed about losing? lol. Can’t stop laughing.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see WC teams winning in the 36-40 W range now.......instead of winning over 40+

Teams that I clearly see winning over 50 are:
    Minny
    OKC
    Denver
    Cilppers

Over 40- 49 ish
    Phoenix
    Pelicans
    Kings
    Dallas (shaky)

Utah is around 39 - Houston is somewhere there.....
    Lakers 38-40

Let the War over the Crown of Mediocrity Begin.

#50 daywalker02, Jan 26, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah you are the joke.

We got Alpi, Jabari, Cam, Amen, Tari and you think this team sucks? You realize a bunch of 21 yr Olds never win anything in the NBa unless they're OKc right? Take a hike.

Who even got Alpi in the first place? The guys who sucks at his job according to you? Bruh.

#51 roslolian, Jan 26, 2024
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anybody who thinks our teams sucks when we got a bunch of 21yr Olds competing every night is a grade A clown.

No **** the defense is gonna be bad, aren't we missing 2 of the core 5 due to injury who also happens to be 2 of our best defenders? What was the defense when everyone was available and healthy again? Y'all are so dumb.

Out of all the rebuilding team Rockets have done the 3rd best job after OKc and Orlando, and unlike other teams they completed their rebuild in just 3 yrs. I fact, the reason the smooth brain peanut gallery keep complaining now is cuz the rebuild was so fast people have expectations on a bunch of 21 yr Olds to do something already which is kinda dumb tbh. Jaime JJ is 2 yrs older than Alpi for reference wtf.

Y'all should just enjoy the ride and be patient, once Sengun and Co are aged 24+ that's when they're expected to do something.

#52 roslolian, Jan 26, 2024
    BamBam likes this.
  13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I’m guessing you missed what happen to that 12 win team the night before where they are protesting the game…

14. csc177

csc177 Member

Your delusion jumps through my computer screen. This roster is incredibly flawed. Many of your bunch of 21 year old crushes wont be here when this FO decides to seriously content.

Sorry...the truth hurts......onto my hike!