1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is embarrassing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Or taking 24 shots a game, and a considerable amount more than the better players on the team.

All the more hilarious (you've got to laugh or you'd cry) when you see the best player having a significantly more efficient night. Still outscores him with 7 less field goal attempts. But only one of these two players plays in the flow of the offense and takes his shots when they come, not deliberately looking for his and disregarding the team constantly.

No doubt his fans are screaming 'WHERE THE HATERS AT!!!!!' after this game.

29 points.
    24 shots.

Even when to Jalen's standards he has one of his best games of the season, he is outplayed considerably by several players.

Him bulk shooting does not equate to winning basketball.

Him bulk touching the ball does not equate to winning basketball.

I can only pray they're letting him do this to try and get some value in him for a trade.

Amen really needs to be playing more minutes with Sengun - he is the only one on the team who consistently moves through the key off ball. It is exactly what Sengun needs. Not a brickfest like Jalen.

It's comical he is attributed with only 1 turnover this game. Every single one of his drives into the paint against a defense needs to go down as a turnover.

2. AmenTheSuperstar

The current performance of this team has hit its peak for the season imo but has still exceeded expectations, so it's not considered a disappointment. Without some trades, there's a limit to how far this team can go.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

Just like old times!

embarrassing loss but Jalen green played well! Almost scored a 30 piece!

4. csc177

csc177 Member

Bill Simmons is a visionary

harold bingo and daywalker02 like this.
  5. csc177

csc177 Member

I’ll stop watching until after trade deadline.

this team is perfumed garbage and needs changes to the roster asap. Very flawed (and Tari Eason isn’t some savior either)

Ime/Stone you want to make play-in/ playoffs this year???! Do what you know needs to happen.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

No one is coming to save us. If you're expecting Stone to make major trades this deadline then prepare to be disappointed.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've resigned myself to this fact.

I'm giving Stone too much credit in thinking he'd trade Green this trade deadline and better the team.

Thank goodness alcohol exists.

Jontro, daywalker02 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why it is not a contender or playoff contender.

Those rosters win games despite missing key players.

Horrible Road performances at that.....

HardenReturns likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  10. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

You know what was embarrassing... The 2021-2022 Rockets.. Wood, KPJ, Ja Green, Tate, Mathews, Gordon, KJM getting the most minutes that season, playing AAU ball, getting blown out most games..

This team actually plays organized ball. Except a few games, they were competitive until the very end.

BamBam, Mathloom and cryout75 like this.
  11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Vegas had us at over/under of 32.5 wins. Best case scenario that I saw was 40 wins. Seems about right.

But it's starting to feel like old times again. I'm not enjoying watching the games. I don't care how many points Jalen scores, he doesn't do anything else.

HardenReturns and Crashlanded19 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That team was a colossal black hole, no embarrassment in total anarchy.

Nothing professional about that.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t feel like our squad is embarrassing. I think we were overachieving earlier in the season, and now we’re just…achieving? For lack of a better word.

Despite losing this game in a pretty embarrassing fashion, it is true that our schedule is getting easier, and I see us doing better soon with Bari and hopefully Tari returning

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he meant the last 2 weeks....

The first month or 2 they were overachieving for sure.

Has nothing to do with Bari or Tari, those guys are just flat out gassed out.....and not trying hard enough.

Roomba likes this.
  15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Herb Jones > Jalen Green doesn’t sound so crazy anymore…

csc177 and harold bingo like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Herbal Green Tea.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This team plays basketball the right way and it's our FIRST SEASON of competing after tanking the past few years. The turnaround makes me very proud of this team, and it's very rare for a young team to be this good defensively. Offense is something that can be developed but it's rare that your starting core is committed to defense. Honestly, we had a lot to work on. You guys keep forgetting the fact that this team had to invest development time in Jabari, Jalen, Sengun, Tari, Amen, Cam, the unselfishness and the defense before getting to the offense. If there's any coach who gets a pass for being late installing more offense, it's Udoka. It's been tough and he's come through near .500 which is amazing given expectations.

What we've discovered is that if everything is going well, we're a 0.500 team. If you take out any of our top 6 players, we become more like a 30-win team. We need a stretch PF/C who is not a negative defensively and that will give us a bit of a bump as well as some buffer from injury. We'd be really deep. We need to run more especially with the bench unit. We need to keep working on Cam's defense and Jalen's shot selection/mechanics.

Things are going very well other than Jalen's development I would say. Where we are is where we are, you're not owed a .500 season just because you randomly decided to set that bar. Doing nothing but adding a first round pick each summer to add to Sengun/Jabari/Tari/Green/Cam/Amen core is already an amazing path with unlimited control over retaining the players or trading them. That's the minimum we can achieve. Any move we make should guarantee to improve our 5-year window. We're in a very special position and the GM's one and only task is to spend money and picks safely and wisely. We don't need home runs or risks.

A team this young with top-5 defense potential is easily headed for contention. Many paths like this have been destroyed with impatience. We're just about to see chemistry being developed in the starting 5 for the first time in 4 years. I think post-ASB we're going to be very happy with this team.

#37 Mathloom, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    tagedieb, BamBam, Roomba and 2 others like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

"schedule getting easier" doesn't exactly apply when the rockets are capable of losing to teams like portland and the spurs. and these rockets have proven to be horrendous on the road as well

last night was the epitome of a should be schedule win for the rockets. and welp look what happened

A game at home against one of the NBA’s worst teams, on night two of a road back-to-back. You had not played in 72 hours. And you led by 4 with under 5 seconds left. This was as much of a “scheduling win” as you’ll ever see. They lost it and by being 10 pt favorites

Roomba and daywalker02 like this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

lol no it isn't. Y'all need to calm down.

Mathloom and harold bingo like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Was way worse last year - this team has no leader on the floor and Ime has been a little disappointing in not providing a hierarchy.

DD