1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. plegus

plegus Member

This event has been expected to happen for months now. Let me explain @CXbby @AroundTheWorld @Clutch @AlperenSengun because this is clearly the point where you guys need to be guided to the elephant in the room which you are blatantly ignore, cuz politics.

Clutch knows.
    You know he knows, etc…
    Who is the first chicken or the egg does not matter, by definition.

You guys are trying the make a point which already has been established by the subject itself who does not need any of this from anyone here. So it not only does not serve its purpose anymore, on the contrary has been defeating it for some time now. Which you are all aware of, funnily enough.

Clutch is all political, and dare I say possibly (rather than probably) also economical in regards to this subject and no effort from your side is going to change it. Which again, you are all aware of, funnily enough.

I do not want to insult your intellect by continuing on about this political warfare cuz again, everything is and have been pretty obvious. However if any of you feel the need to cling on this controversy, I humbly suggest you to find more people in your real lives who can challenge you intellectually (maybe only about basketball you lack it IDK) so that you won’t need to manufacture aimless controversy to satiate yourselves, attached to your internet persona.

Plus Clutch is a real person here and we most of are just digital shadows of ourselves so don't expect him to be as reckless and relentless as you are.

Once again, everybody get over this, leave eachother alone, enjoy ROX BASKETBALL with your favorites on the side. When the time comes be welcoming and you will see we will all be GUCCI onwards.

This sounds arrogant and entitled, therefore sorry my language and choices of words. This place happened to grow into my life and wanted to do something about it couldn’t make it sound less otherwise.
    Peace, love, respect :)

#1141 plegus, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    AlperenSengun and DaDakota like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

None of those are viable comparisons. Not even remotely close.
    No wonder you have the terrible opinions you do

Dobbizzle, cbass and maypk like this.
  3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If we're this loose with the comparisons then I'll just go with Jokic.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

How are they not comparable?

Hakeem and Russell both great defenders, similar in size and athleticism

Jabbar and Chamberlin both great offense centers, similar in size, transcendent

Jordan and Dr. J both were wildly athletic, similar in size wildly popular and saved the NBA.

Bird and Havlicek and Pistol Pete, great passers, not very athletic but great scores, similar in size. Pete was 6'7, Bird 6'9

Isaiah Thomas and Bob Cousey both great PGs, similar in size, good scores, great ballhandlers

Who compares to Sengun?

#1144 hlmbasketball, Jan 22, 2024
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You're way to loose. Jokic is in a different category. Thats just like saying Saboins is equal to Jokic, thats an insult

harold bingo likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think this just goes back to the point I made in my earlier post that you're seeing Sengun only as the player that he is today, and you think he's hit his ceiling. Because you're right that 2023-24 Sengun is not in the same stratosphere as 2023-24 Jokic. But Jokic's third year was 2017-18, and in that year he wasn't in the same conversation as Anthony Davis, Embiid, or Towns(1st, 2nd, 3rd team all nba). Or another guy that took time to develop was Giannis, in his third year he averaged 17/7/4. And he was certainly not in the all star conversation, it would be hard to compare him at that time too. A lot of guys take time to develop. Harden also comes to mind as someone in this category, I think "a way better version of Ginobili" would probably get laughed at if you suggested that haflway through his third year back in OKC.

So it's hard to do this comparison game with a developing player that didn't come out of the gate as a superstar. If you're looking for someone that compares to how he is playing right now, this year, then I guess it's Sabonis. And if this really is his ceiling then that will be disappointing to me, Sabonis is not a franchise player.

BamBam and clos4life like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not that it matters. But have you all considered the possibility that Clutch has been reverse trolling your guys? :D

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Jokic was 25 when he finally started putting up better numbers than Sengun is currently. There is no great comparison because what Sengun is doing is unprecedented.

IMG_1747.jpeg

plegus, Ardeus, cbass and 2 others like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

No, read this https://www.clutchfans.net/6592/jeremy-lin-fans-defend-jeremy-lin-from-jeremy-lin/

I guarantee you this is exactly how Clutch feels about Sengun and his fans. It’s the same situation, well, except Sengun is actually good and is our franchise player. I’m guessing after the Rockets give him the max this summer Clutch will then jump onboard and laugh about one of his worst takes as a fan. But until then I guess we can still hold out hope that Sengun regresses horribly, has a career ending injury, or for some reason gets traded and we Sengun fans were idiots all along.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how Clutch (or anyone else) feels about Sengun is completely DIFFERENT from how Clutch (or anyone else) feels about Sengun's fans. Best not to conflate the two. ;)

cbass and Easy like this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The ONLY reason I say Sabonis, its solely because of body type, size, arm length, etc. All of that plays a part. I must admit, I never imagine Jokic would be as good as he is....HE'S AWESOME!

But similar to Giannas, Jokic always had length, which is the key! Because Jokic is not overly athletic his size gives him the ability to matchup against every center, even Embiid, Porzingis, Chet, everyone, where Sengun can not....ITS A FACT.

Sabonis and Sengun are similar in everyway. The sam things that were said about Sabonis is being said about Sengun; great passer, a player you can run your offense through, teammates love him....THE EXACT SAME THINGS

And all Im saying is, if Sabonis can be traded, a player who I consider who is good but not great, why not Sengun.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Clutch is loud and clear about how he feels about Sengun. What do you think we are teasing him about. How he feels about fans, really who cares. But also how dare a Rockets fan be the fan of the Rockets best player(nope).

maypk likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. maypk

maypk Member

I don't know about "or anyone else" but Clutch hated the idea of drafting Sengun, playing Sengun, starting Sengun and making Sengun the focal point of the offense respectively and consistently.

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

With all respect dude, these high handed guarantees are part of why you're getting called out. It's not so much what you're posting as it is the way you're posting it.

NewAge likes this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Lin only fans are mocked in the Rockets pantheon, and rightfully so because he ended up sucking. No one is going to blame Clutch for eviscerating them after the fact. Same goes for what few KPJ fans there were, Clutch didn’t hold any punches back, king petty and that’s a compliment. But with Sengun the shoe is on the other foot now. So be a man and take it like you dish it when you were right.

clos4life likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because you are ******** in Clutch's living room - for no reason. No one hammers you with your horrible take on Morris, we all miss every now and then, hell I missed on FVV and said as much.

This whole war on Clutch is bizzare - like you are two whiny bichy kids who just want to be told " you are right" either you're both deeply on the spectrum and need your meds, or you're just jackasses who can't, or won't move on.

When Clutch talked about benching Sengun for Fernando, he was telling us this is what the org wanted, to have a rim runner for KPJ and JG, that is not what HE wanted, but what the ORG wanted.

And he was right, we saw the evidence and the stupidity of it.

Is Sengun our best player, now.....of course, will he always be? Maybe so, maybe no......we can all sit back and watch though, he is super fun to watch and to cheer for......

Just get over yourselves, you don't ****ing matter - neither of you are all that important to anyone here, you don't ****ING MATTER - and for that matter, NEITHER DO I, but you are on here hammering a guy who doesn't deserve it.

Lord knows you can hammer me, I have been my own Jackass - but Clutch has not.....hell if I ran this place you would be already be banned.

DD

PS. Everything I said about KPJ was right and is still right....now where did I put those meds....lol.

#1157 DaDakota, Jan 22, 2024
    anthony59237, javal_lon and kubli9 like this.
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is your obsession with being right and making these grand proclamations? I'd say you're pushing it with Clutch, don't fly too close to the sun Icarus.

anthony59237 likes this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

DD you get killed on here daily for your bad takes. I get stuff bumped from 10 years ago. So Clutch is the only one beyond criticism? If I knew that was the rules then I wouldn’t be here, but I’m pretty sure he can roll with the punches. Also you understand we are only teasing because Clutch is still too petty to change his tone. There’s 100 big Rockets twitter accounts and each and every one of them is ecstatic that Sengun has blossomed into a franchise player, some were fans all along, some where skeptics, but by now it is obvious to them all. Except “the biggest Rockets fan”. Why should we care? We shouldn’t, I’ve said on here that it doesn’t matter what Clutch thinks about it. But we can’t even mention it or talk about it? That it has to be a big hush hush that the site owner mentioning the franchise player’s name is like pulling teeth? Like I said, this is the internet and sht posting is what people do, Clutch should know he is the king of it.

duluth111222 likes this.
  20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So is this ,what we call a mutiny , going on? Do I need to pick a side? Is this new for CFs?