1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Gov DeSantis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im not sure its even that (misguidedly) principled . I think its more, "I like my cushy high profile job, and will say whatever I need to say in order to keep it."

Dont wanna cross The Donald and end up like Liz. They're all cowed and terrified.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

Not a good sign...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Wasted money on a trash candidate

5. Major

Major Member

This is (one) fundamental problem with DeSantis and why'll never be President ... he doesn't actually like dealing with people. And all he can really do is repeat talking points, even if they are irrelevant in the state he's in or for the people he's talking to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cels-CNN-interview-jetting-New-Hampshire.html

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' gamble to take his presidential campaign to rival Nikki Haley's turf ended up with him shouting down a fourth grade teacher over the former governor's record on education Saturday evening.

DeSantis headlined an event for his super PAC at Hudson's Smokehouse in Lexington, South Carolina, a suburb of Columbia, and threw out a question to the crowd that he's asked at all three of his recent Palmetto State events.

'I've been asking crowds what her big achievements were as governor here?'

Fourth grade teacher Regina Wasiluk had heard that DeSantis had asked the same question at his earlier event Saturday in Myrtle Beach and came armed with information about how Haley had increased education standards in the state.

As they bickered back and forth, DeSantis said, 'I'm talking about big conservative achievements. That's what the name of the game is. It's about big conservative achievements.'

When Wasiluk continued to defend Haley's record DeSantis raised his voice and said, 'It's not your show ma'am, it's not your show.'

He continued by saying, 'So if you promise school choice, don't cave to the teacher's unions,' with Wasiluk yelling to point out that South Carolina doesn't have teacher's unions.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

@Major: "Musk will never buy Twitter".

-> DeSantis President confirmed.

Space Ghost likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

DeSantis signs bill allowing him to run for president without resigning
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/flori...tis-president-resign-to-run-florida-governor/

8. NewRoxFan

Broke, beaten down, and, he will now endorse trump.

9. NewRoxFan

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. astros123

astros123 Member

@JuanValdez @rocketsjudoka both owe 50 bucks to tip jar after ron drops out. I called it from the beginning and said he won't make it to super Tuesday. I was 100% right

Agent94 likes this.
  12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

DeSantis is a poor campaigner and just ain't "leader of a major country" material in terms of his overall vibe. Guy's just dorky and awkward as hell. You can get away with that when running for Congress or governor of a state, but not POTUS these days (barring extraordinary circumstances or an insanely weak field). Even if he had waited until 2028, he'd likely just struggle then. A "DeSantis" like candidate might've been strong back in the 1980s, but not today.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Inverse Cramer or Inverse Major ...which one is a better bet?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

DeSantis made a mistake going against Trump. He was banking on taking the anti-woke crowd away from Trump. But as I have said, everyone is tired of the woke crap. Going head on against Disney was dumb. He pissed off a lot of Floridians once Disney decided not to relocate to FL. Very dumb move.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. NewRoxFan

Ouch... this guy got in wrong...

Then must have been a bit butthurt, so followed up with this... :D

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I honestly think he was banking on trumpybear going to prison or that the weight of all of these indictments would’ve had a greater impact….leaving him as the next “best” thing.

I thought he might last a little longer but he just doesn’t have “it”. He doesn’t have the gravitas necessary. He barely has any personality at all.

Wonder what kind of governor he’ll be now that the nation won’t be watching his every move.

19. NewRoxFan

So on republican brand... uses a fake quote by Winston Churchill to quit the race and endorse trump...

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe you mean someone else. My bet was that Trump would not be the nominee. Still not over.