1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Caserio.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 18, 2023.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

**I do not have any inside knowledge. All I know is what I've learned from my wife who has done a lot of business with the McNair family but nothing having to do with football.**

Let's be clear, this was Hannah. I've said this before. I think it's obvious she has taken the reigns. She's the one behind the desk while Tommy Boy is sitting on the floor playing video games. I think Easterby was the product of Cal, Janice, and O'Brien. Then it got out of hand when Easterby kept taking more and more power. I think Hannah saw what was happening and heard the comments from Andre, JJ, and many many others and started in on Cal that the pastor needs to go. I think she and Caserio are running the show now.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Well, it's not baseless. He hired David Culley when he was literally not on anybody's else's radar. He hired Lovie Smith and pretended the answer was hiding in plain sight after flirting with Josh McNown, which would've been another, I know more than you move. He drafted Stingley over Sauce. He took Kenyon Green over a number of higher-rated prospects.

Until DeMeco got here, he always came across as smartest guy in the room. This was the first offseason where he seemed to take the obvious path, and, hey, whaddya know? It's worked out much better.

Deep Steel Truth likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Josh McCown wasn’t going to be a Nick move… That was Jack Easterby move all the way….. Of course Nick was going to hire him because Jack was Nicks boss as Jack sat higher in the food chain below the owners…. Of course Nick has to listen to the boss.

When the Texans name popped lawsuit is what bailed him and the owners out. Nick solution was Lovie.

Stingley over Sauce was straight up drafting a player based on tape. Stingley has better rape cs sauce. The risk was the injury history. Jury is out on that choice, but that choice looks good this year….

vince and 13 in 33 like this.
  5. raining threes

Culley was meant to be a 2 yr hire. But he wouldn't go along with the plan. (Firing Kelly) Lovie was hired by Cal in response to the Flores lawsuit. Lovie worked out both Stingley and Sauce and told Caserio he wanted Stingley, so Stingley was the pick. Kinda like Ryans wanting WA as his pick and Caserio figuring out a way to make it happen.

vince likes this.
  6. raining threes

Not on a day by day schedule, but when it comes to the big decisions like to draft a QB or not draft a QB she definitely has a voice in the room and most importantly has Janice ear moreso than Cal having Janice ear. Ryans/Caserio had to figure out what QB they wanted to meet ownerships mandate. Whether that meant trading up for Young or sitting at 1-2 and picking one of Stroud/Richardson/Levis.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What trade does that pick come from?

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He WAS the 14th pick in 2017, and is benefitting from scheme and double teams on Anderson et al.

No Worries, clos4life, vince and 2 others like this.
  10. raining threes

Gotta bring him back.

I would keep Barnett and let JG walk and try to find another Barnett either through the draft or FA. I would use JG's 20 mil tag money on filling out holes at LB/S/Cheaper level DT in FA.

That would allow the draft to be open to BPA.

Verbal Christ and Plowman like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

iirc:

We got that 4th in the Will Anderson trade, then flipped it later to Philly for their 3rd this year. (105th pick last draft turned into the 85th pick this draft).

They took Kelee Ringo, we'll see how it all turns out in a couple of years.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Qan

Qan Member

Whatever happened to Horton? Any news on his leave? He's coming back next year?

vince likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

No updates since he stepped away at the end of November

A) I hope he's ok and.....B) hope he can help the team in the future

vince likes this.
  15. vince

vince Member

You can get an impact player with the 85th pick, so that is a pick that should yield a solid contributor. Teams are built with 2nd and 3rd round picks - as those guys are expected to be starters within a year or 2.

Plus also, there are always guys who fall in the draft or others who have a meteoric rise, so at 85 you have a great chance to pick a solid talent because someone was picking for need and not best talent. So it is great to stock up the talent with a pick in the 3rd round that was a great move.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, nevertheless moving up 20 spots in the draft is a baller move.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. vince

vince Member

Systems matter!

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

So does the Environment for Success.

raining threes likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. conquistador#11

Don't know what PFWA is but it should be the only one that counts.

20. Qan

Qan Member

I mean...they are the pro football writers guild

vince and raining threes like this.