1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AFC Wild Card: TEXANS vs BROWNS -unofficial-

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Uprising, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Qan

Qan Member

Strunk wants a word with you and she'll sue you if you continue this narrative. It was the Titans, formerly known as the Oilers, that was in that AFC Championship Game.

red5rocket likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

DUDE!!!!! I have been looking for them too. Vandy is incredible on there.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn CJ damn near threw that pass to Nico 70 yds

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Houston is technically big enough, media market wise, to have two teams.... if she's really that obsessed over things (and seeing as their overall franchise value will always be limited being in the Nashville market), she can probably convince Montgomery county to dust off that 40 year old plan to build an Oilers stadium...

ramotadab likes this.
  5. Qan

Qan Member

Watch her rebrand the Titans to be become Tennessee Oilers in the future.

ramotadab and Rvo384 like this.
  6. tmacfor35

CJ's arm is every bit as good as Josh Allen's and Patrick Mahomes. Its just so compact and effortless it almost looks deceptively weak. Its hard to explain. One thing about him, which is what makes him so accurate. His arm mechanics are flawless. It literally couldn't be better. The only thing that changes on a per throw basis is his footwork. Above his waist, its always the same. Whats wild about his story is that he perfected this on his own watching youtube while other kids mom's and dad's were forking out thousands of dollars for former d2 QB's to teach their kids how to play the position.

7. tmacfor35

@cmoak1982 Remember when you wanted Will Levis? Big egg on your face bud.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

they're already basically doing that now... there's actually nashville residents who are starting to make fun of her obvious obsession, and most are still not thrilled that almost 30+ years later, they still don't have their "own" history minus Frank Wycheck's illegal forward pass play.

Qan likes this.
  9. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Ha! That suit will be thrown out on summary judgment! They took the team and name, but they can’t take the city too. There’s a reason why the scoreboard always shows “HOU,” regardless of the team name, and I enjoy it because to me, it brings back memories and shows some continuity, for all the change we’ve had here on the NFL front over the years.

10. worldlyman

worldlyman Member

Two-time Pro Bowler qb Matt Schaub had that Texans offense playing like a juggernaut back in 2011. Arian Foster, Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson were a three-headed monster. Best offensive line with Mike Briesel, Duane Brown, Erik Winston, Chris Myers and Co. Of course on the other side of the ball, there was this rookie wrecking ball named J.J. Watt to go along with a suddenly-loaded defense.

If Schaub had stayed healthy, the Texans could have been a Super Bowl champ sometime (or multiple times) in the early-mid 2010's.

BUT the only thing about that alternate reality universe though...is the timeline would have been affected as far as the Texans getting certain key players after the Schaub-era. With a healthy Schaub, the Texans would have had more winning seasons that would have negated those high draft picks.

The Texans most likely would never have gotten Deshaun Watson (and his highly electrifying performances for them). And down the road, most likely it would never had led to the developments for Houston's franchise eventually getting its prized C.J. Stroud. Heck, maybe all that would have staved off the hiring of that ******* Coach Bill O'Brien because a more successful Coach Gary Kubiak sticks around longer. And eventually if and when he was gone...the Texans may have hired someone else other than O'Brien at that point.

It's really fascinating to think what if Matt never got his foot broken that fateful day @ Tampa Bay in 2011 when they called that qb sneak in a game that the Texans already had basically won. Twilight Zone kind of stuff.

Tfor3 and ramotadab like this.
  11. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

It definitely is a massive cope. Hindsight is always 20/20 but we landed two franchise players.

12. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

@cmoak1982 Remember when you wanted Will Levis? Big egg on your face bud.[/QUOTE]

Why do that? Enjoy the Texans winning. We've all been wrong about players

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Rewrite history all you want. Never once said I wanted Levis at 2.

Either way, I’ve admitted I was wrong. Unlike some here that often have bad takes they defend until they die or make excuses for every single play (Nico didn’t slow down)

Whatever, fans like you aren’t needed. I’ve been here since day one and never left. You’re a front runner

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Why do that? Enjoy the Texans winning. We've all been wrong about players[/QUOTE]
    He’s a dipshit, don’t bother.
    I never wanted Levis at 2. It was Anderson then Bryce if we drafted a QB that high.
    I didn’t want CJ, I admitted I was wrong a long time ago. People like him have holes in their memories

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Watching the Chiefs vs Dolphins game yesterday...Mahomes is whinier than ever. It's actually difficult to watch him throw hissy fits after every play when he's already getting flags in his favor all-game. He's become very unlikable this season.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

CJ has a top tier arm. But no, he’s not on Allen’s or Mahomes level for pure strength.
    His throwing motion and mechanics are pure.

17. tmacfor35

Why do that? Enjoy the Texans winning. We've all been wrong about players[/QUOTE]

Nah, but he was disrespectful and obnoxious... He gets to ride it out a bit longer. I did the same with @Bobbythegreat about Deshaun Watson. He handled it well and we actually both ended up being right.

18. War Machine

War Machine Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

if you want some laughs

DeadGato, Tfor3, red5rocket and 6 others like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, but he was disrespectful and obnoxious... He gets to ride it out a bit longer. I did the same with @Bobbythegreat about Deshaun Watson. He handled it well and we actually both ended up being right.[/QUOTE]
    Don’t lie. You don’t get to decide anything. I’ll pull your receipts about being wrong (Sengun)

I gave back what I received, because you fangirls were pissy I didn’t agree with you