1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AFC Wild Card: TEXANS vs BROWNS -unofficial-

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Uprising, Jan 7, 2024.

1. conquistador#11

Ravens are the perfect team to face. It's been over a decade and we still wonder what if Bellichick never releases Fat Albert? Fat Albert doesn't sign with the Buccaneers on the same week they play the Texans. Schaubie makes it through the Buccs game and is available to play against the Ravens.
    Fate has given us another chance to avenge the fallen and re-write history.

Woke up to my alarm, national guys talking Stroud for MVP heh

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I couldn't agree more.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did it all myself.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thank you Bobby(indeed)thegreat!

5. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Why would CJ crumble? Is he suddenly going to forget how to play football? For the record, I haven't heard anyone say anything like you're suggesting. CJ is getting praise everywhere

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

And rightfully so, he is the true greatness driving the team. It's always a team effort, but just like the Patriots without Brady, the Texans wouldn't be the same without CJ.

evo8lover and GOATuve like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone actually thinks that, CJ is doing what he's doing without arguably his best offensive weapon in Tank Dell as a rookie on a team where Nico Collins is the only quality receiver he truly has playing behind an O line that couldn't stay healthy all season long.

That's why next season, with Tank back and a few FA pickups that will almost certainly happen, the Texans could easily be one of the top teams in the league even with a hard schedule.

8. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

He certainly is. Great player, person and leader as I've said before. Houston couldn't ask for a better player to be the face of the franchise.

On a different note it's good to see Stingley getting media recognition as well.

evo8lover and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I’m rooting for the Steelers tomorrow. If they beat Buffalo and then Baltimore, and we beat Kansas City, then we host the Steelers for the AFC Championship Game for the first time ever in Houston. Seems appropriate we would face them since the only times Houston was in the AFC Championship Game we played in Pittsburgh.

Stephen66, ramotadab and red5rocket like this.
  10. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

No question. All that cap space and whatever they add in the draft and Tank being back definitely makes them a contender even with the brutal schedule. They're honestly a contender right now. I think this is one of those wide open seasons where whoever is hot at the right moment win it all.

red5rocket and evo8lover like this.
  11. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Would be a great scenario but I think Buffalo is going to kill them.

12. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I think so too but he could do what demeco did and say he needs another year of experience and stay with Houston one more year

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love that, but I'd get the most satisfaction out of beating Buffalo in Buffalo in an AFC Championship. It would be such sweet revenge from 31 years ago.

charlieaustin likes this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Such an outstanding game with heroes galore. Stingley, Barnett, Collins and Tunsil are getting plenty of love but they need more.

Kept lamenting if Tank wasn’t hurt we’d be destroying teams…did anyway lol.

One more draft, better health and a FA splurge and we should be SB favorites for next year.

charlieaustin and evo8lover like this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It was after the 2nd pick 6. Had us all pull out our phones for flashlights and blared Journey (not Cher).. it was just a cool moment for the fans who have endured a lot and were coming to the realization that we had basically just won this improbable game. Truly amazing.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I haven’t seen one person here or any national media voice diminish CJ because Slowik was calling plays. Not one. CJ was the talk of the league yesterday.

17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Exactly. It was an extremely strange post. CJ is literally getting MVP talk

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hahaha had to reread this a couple times to get it hahaha

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Anybody got a good link to highlights with the radio calls? Surprised the texans website doesn't curate their highlight as so (I thought they did).

That being said, Noah Eagle was EXCELLENT yesterday. Even if he's merely doing a genetic imitation of his dad (glasses and all), he's going to have a fairly bright future as a national pbp sports guy soon enough.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I've seen fans of other teams, mainly the panthers though, who are crediting a large part of what CJ is doing to Slowick's schemes. To me it's more a sign of massive cope from panthers fans for picking the wrong QB.

In the words of James Harden, CJ Stroud "is the system".

everyday eddie, ramotadab and Rvo384 like this.