1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 1/10/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

We also wouldn't be sniffing the end of the game without Jalen's 18/6/8.

Personally I blame Tate for this loss for being a scrub. But if you are gonna blame anyone better blame Cam before Jalen first cuz at the end Cam cost us the game by missing 3+ shots in succession.

Bo6, BigMaloe and saleem like this.
  2. maypk

maypk Member

The Rockets are overachieving. They played great in the last 10 or so minutes and almost completed a 10+ points deficit comeback on the road with 4 players on the court 21 years of age or younger. No need to overreact.

3. TAB

TAB Member

Jabari's minutes... good lord.

gfab-babyboi and AuburnRocket like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jalen was solid tonight and he is starting to add the other little things to his game like the 8 assists he had tonight. He has never had back-to-back games until now of at least 6 assists. He is going to get stronger in the next couple of years as he approaches 25 and gets to his physical peak. I'd like to see more pick-and-roll with him because he can pass the ball pretty well.

Bo6, SamsonCorletwo, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

It does matter but not for you. You have an idee fixe and try to convince us. Futile.

We support all of our young core but also mention about their deficiencies. Alp was good at the end but not at the beginning, Amen has to learn to shoot, Cam needs to learn "rise to the occasion", Bari has to cut, JGreen has to score more,...

saleem likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Conjuring up mental images of Jae’sean Tate and Ime Udoka making out at the back of the team bus :confused:

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Expected and picked are completely different and somehow NBA scouts love Cam Whitmore for some reason because this years mock 2nd pick player(Ron Holland) comparison is Cam Whitmore

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I kind of agree with what you are saying. I love FVV but when your #3 pick is hitting 50% of his shots and has his hands raised because he's wide open...begging for the ball on multiple occasions...somethings wrong. I have stated this before, and I will again....people poke fun at Bari being the 3rd or 4th scoring option, he has to MAXIMIZE his opportunities to score because he is shooting 10-14 shots a game (sometimes less). It takes hitting 50% of 14 shots to make a scoring impact). His rebounding speaks for itself. JMO but we can get more scoring from him but have to give him more shots.

anthony59237 and JayGoogle like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when Tate also used to run “point” and miss Jalen, KJ and KPJ on fast breaks..? Pepperidge farm remembers. So does Roomba

BigMaloe, WestendMassive and invocux like this.
  10. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Not saying it helped the team, but at the point you posted this and we are just at the point of losing the game your focus is jacked. More about Jalen than the Rockets.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I found the replay. Move the cursor to 1:45

You're actually right, Jalen did a good job getting back on D after hitting the deck. I still wish he would have let that play run through Sengun or looked at Fred in the corner. That was a TOUGH look at the basket. We really needed a score there to prevent the momentum from shifting completely.

BigMaloe and apollo33 like this.
  12. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

SOME moments ARE more key than others because it feeds the teams for runs on the next several plays.
    At the time of Jalen's attempt we had fought back valiantly and took the lead in overtime and after that the Bulls had the lead back again.

SOME things can be emotionally draining, especially after fighting uphill the entire night.

If you want to say all moments are equally important or that I can't hold a 3rd year player to a higher expectation than a rookie (ESPECIALLY when I didn't blame him solely for the loss) then we'lll definitely have to agree to disagree!

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cuz Kuminga is so happy with Kerr, right?

Cam is extremely talented but he has tunnel vision right now and cares too much about scoring his own shots. He would be good on a bad team like Nets where he can Chuck all his shots and nobody would give a F. Ime is reigning him in and teaching him how to play winning basketball which would be a lot better for him in the long term.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He shat on DeRozan on defense, completely shut him down

15. Mr. Space City

Is Jalen Green not a part of the Houston Rockets?

Am I supposed to just exclude him from any conversations about the Houston Rockets?

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

We lost by 5 even if Jalen made that score it wouldn't have made a difference esp after Cam let Lavine score on that 3. Rox lose by 3 instead of 5 omg what a shift in momentum.

It's funny you looked at the tape already and still think that play was the "momentum shifter". That's based on what exactly? The play right after when Lavine drilled the 3 right in Cams face is the momentum shifter, 3 is greater than 2.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

47 minutes ?

18. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Kuminga has no range so he ain’t providing spacing

and what’s wrong with you attacking anyone who praises other players but quick to defend anything that’s thrown at Jalen? Honestly do you have personal ties with Jalen that we should know about?

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ime riding him, can’t afford to sit him

AuburnRocket likes this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jalen developing as a playmaker is critical to the team reaching their full potential, in my opinion.

Dankstronaut, Bo6, burnshroom and 3 others like this.