1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 1/10/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2024.

1. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I actually thought Jalen played a pretty good game tonight. One thing that astounds me though, is how terrible he is at finishing around the rim. How can you be so bad when you can get to the rim so easily? Is he not protecting the ball when he goes up for the layup? It feels like he gets stripped 50% of the time, 25% of the time he throws up a wild shot that misses, 15% of the time he gets bailed out with a foul, and maybe 10% of the time actually finishes in traffic. I hope to God they drill the heck out of him on this during the offseason.

Anyways, Alperen Sengun is him. Cam Whitmore should get all of JaeSean Tate’s minutes unless we really need Tate to match up defensively with someone. Amen Thompson needs to shoot 1000 free throws and 1000 threes per day in practice. I miss Dillon Brooks and Tari Eason.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's just bad luck. Ime would ask Green to attack that space all the time. It softly rolled out. You can't blame Green for that. The game wasn't lost in that possession. Stop being overdramatic.

34to11, BigMaloe and roslolian like this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

What is exactly is the situation with them ? Also, why does Oladipo occupy a roster spot ?

PWR likes this.
  4. WestendMassive

I really want to see Cam's missed jam again to see how bad the whistlers ****ed us

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Tate and possibly Holiday could be out of the rotation when Brooks and Eason return. Amen and Cam got more minutes than them tonight.

Sonicbun8, Hakeemtheking and BigMaloe like this.
  6. invocux

invocux Member

Yeah let's hope Jokic takes over.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    Everything will be ok, we beat nuggets remember?

BamBam, Tfor3, plegus and 2 others like this.
  8. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I don’t care we loose 5 more games, I just don’t want to see Tate in starting line up

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I was impressed with Alpi's fire in the 4th. He looked completely dead in the water for most of the game, I did not expect him to find another gear so late in the game.

Harden, God love him, if he was toast in the first quarter, he was usually toast the whole game.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Coby has been on fire lately. Shooting 42% from 3 and averaging 23 ppg since December 1.

PWR and BMoney like this.
  11. WestendMassive

I don't understand why Amen is seemingly a lock to be in the rotation. I also don't understand what he is meant to be good at

Sengun and Crashlanded19 like this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they are all clutch attempts at that point. Lavine moving his pivot foot wasn't picked up either. Lots of things happen

WestendMassive likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tari has no timetable to return

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

Wouldn't that be Cam? or does it only work if you blame Green?
    While we're at it, no question why Sengun (3/16 since Christmas) settled for a three instead of continuing to take it to the basket?

Inquiring minds want to know

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Too weak, too floaty. I dunno what the fix will be, maybe just weights..? It’s sort of a mentality thing too, he shies away from contact and the refs usually don’t give him the benefit of the doubt.

When he actually attacks with force (E.G. that and-one on Lavine) he finishes better and might actually get some calls. If he doesn’t figure it out I don’t know where his ceiling is..but it definitely won’t be the roof

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that Ime wokeup and put Cam with starters

next - play AT at PG and off the 3pt line.. you can still switch him on bigger players on D but “Do not park him at 3pt line”

RudyTBag, Crashlanded19 and JayGoogle like this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hopefully a small sample size is all that's needed for those in power to recognise Cam is infinitely better than Jalen.

Seeing him off ball defending.

Seeing him body up bigs.

Bloody hell I have to admit I got a little flustered with the difference from him to Jalen in that regard.

The countdown really is on. Once Jalen is gone from this team that'll be the full reset in my eyes from the trash of the Silas era.

Sonicbun8 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also I look at it this way...if we're going to lose we may as well lose to another play-in team in the East. Makes it a pinch harder for the Nets to sneak in to the playoffs which would ruin our pick.

So whatever. The future is bright with this team when it comes to Sengun, Bari, Cam, Tari, and even Amen has flashed some potential.

19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tough loss. IIRC, all the OT games have been marked by bad FT shooting that the Rockets otherwise would’ve won. I expect better from Alpi at the FT line now. He’s proven that he can shoot FTs at 80% so a 3-8 game is unacceptable.

JayGoogle and WestendMassive like this.
  20. WestendMassive

I want to see Tate back playing for the Sydney Kings