1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AFC Wild Card: TEXANS vs BROWNS -unofficial-

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Uprising, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Not set yet, but taking a stab at the playoff matchups after the early window: GB/SEA/NO @ DAL, LA RAMS @ DET, PHI @ TB (set), PITT @ BUFF/MIA winner, BUFF/MIA loser @ K.C, CLEV @ HOU (set). I think that’s right, but not sure whether Pittsburgh can move up to 6. Anyway, let’s assume that’s correct. I think we can pencil BUFF/MIA @ K.C. in as a prime time matchup either Sunday or Monday night. I’m going to guess RAMS @ DET will be the other prime time matchup. GB/SEA/NO @ DAL feels like a good candidate for the early Sunday triple-header kick, but you never with Dallas’ large following. If it’s not that, I’d assume it’s PITT @ BUFF/MIA. So my guess is Houston will play either the 3:30-ish kick Saturday or Sunday

I typed the above about 45min ago, but a closer look at the standings and I think PITT would be the 6-seed and BUFF the 7-seed should Buffalo lose tonight with PITT @ KC, and BUFF @ MIA again next week. Also, if Rams lose and Packers win, I think GB would win tie-breaker with LA RAMS and be the 6-seed which would mean GB @ DET, LA RAMS @ DAL. Should that happen, I would expect PITT @ KC to be early kick Sunday and LA RAMS @ DAL Saturday or Sunday night with BUFF @ MIA Monday night.

conquistador#11 and macho GRANDE like this.
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

CJ wasn't playing last time therefore the results are invalid.

Plowman, htownrox1, gatsby and 8 others like this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Greenard, Anderson, Rankins, Cashman. 4 of our best front players. The issue with Flacco was the lack of pressure. Now there should be hell to pay for the last game.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Apply pressure up the middle on Flacco and don't let Amari Cooper get over the top of our defense.
    Keep him to closer to 100 yards, than 200.

Helps that Stroud will be playing this time. Offense is piss poor with Mills or Keenum

#24 ApacheWarrior, Jan 7, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  5. Scarface281

Nah hope Dallas wins. Would like the Texans to play there next year on a first place schedule

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Stingley should follow him all over the field.

J_Hunter_1977 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. vince

vince Member

Texans have a legit chance to make some noise in the playoffs!!!

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

One game at a time. Cleveland is no easy out. We have to put heat on Flacco. If we go back to rushing 4 every down he will destroy us over the top.

mikol13, vince and dmoneybangbang like this.
  9. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Any chance this game will be played on Saturday? That’s my only chance of going

Fulgore likes this.
  10. Scarface281

Cleveland is no easy out but doesn't mean Texans can't make some noise. Plus Cleveland was the Texans' game where they had the most injured players out

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's the only logical conclusion. My wife knows her. She's extremely bright and driven. I realize in the movie Tommy Boy, Tommy had an epiphany and immediately became a good salesman and saved the company. The real version of Tommy Boy still eats paint chips and plays video games sitting on the floor of his office. Hannah has clearly gotten way more involved and does well to give the impression that it's Cal. I'm certain she's the one that made the call getting rid of the pastor and all of the other front office changes. I'm certain she played a big role in getting DeMeco.

I'm trying to find the clip of when her and Cal walked into the locker room post game yesterday. She was super pumped up...

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither were are top two sack attack edges.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Draft kings have them playing Saturday 330

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Cleveland 2 point favorites. i thought they would be bigger favorites

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Rematch but not really a rematch. Stroud is playing this time.

Let's see how he fair against the brown elite defense.

gatsby likes this.
  16. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

We need Greenard and Brown back next week so we can be as healthy as possible.

mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. The geth & the reaper

Was watching the Texans Colts highlights and notice how bad Nelson was like holy smokes he’s absolutely terrible! Anyone else noticed it?
    Bad angles, allergic to contact, lacking full effort etc.

I’m worried Browns will target him

18. dmoneybangbang

Hopefully we have some better health next week.... Anderson a bit healthier and an almost full WR corps.

19. Texanstradamus

We need greenard Noah brown and woods back for this

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I feel good. We have the chance to make defensive adjustments. Second time facing Flacco. Meanwhile the Browns have never faced Stroud who changes our offense entirely, not to mention we will be healthier.

ramotadab likes this.