1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

286 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. no

48 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. plegus

plegus Member

By my own definition you cant edit either lol. Jk, thank you. I was trying text to image ai tools and failing miserably. No tool knows about Cam yet :(

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If I landed like that, I'd be hospitalized and in traction for weeks.

On the other hand, even in my youth I would not have been that far off the floor.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Boban can always just throw you into the air.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Nate Duncan suggested the Rockets deal Cam Whitmore for DeRozen… yes he was serious.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dear God no.....

I mean 10 years ago, sure.....but not now.

DD

#825 DaDakota, Jan 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    Nook, clos4life and plegus like this.
  6. kpdark

kpdark Member

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm really high on Cam .... but tonight he kinda disappointed me on the defensive end.

Early on, when he first subbed in, he was real casual about getting back / to his spot defensively ... no purpose and no intensity. Just half assed ...

He's got to do better to get consistent minutes.

xtruroyaltyx, Aruba77, Y2JT and 7 others like this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I noticed that also. He seems a little mentally out of it at times. Rookies should be in hustle mode all the time.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Cam and Amen both disappointed tonight. They are rookies and will have rookie games. I still think it is time to let Amen get Holiday’s minutes and Cam get Tate’s minutes, but only under the condition that Cam stays engaged. At times last night, he seemed to lose focus.Tate maybe plays decent 1 out of every 4 games. He should not be in the rotation even with Tari and Brooks out. He is not effecting winning, so we might as well use his minutes to develop the rookies. When Brooks and Tari are back full time, Cam is going to have to spell Green.

Bo6, TAB, napalm06 and 1 other person like this.
  10. DaDakota

Cam's biggest issue is that he has to focus when he doesn't have the ball or is the offensive focal point.

He needs to stay engaged, and on Defense he really needs to hustle back it is like he doesn't care until he gets back and his man is getting the ball he has some bad habits to break.

Fortunately habits are much easier to fix than lack of skill or aggression.

DD

Hemingway likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are practically close to the hallf point line....

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Cam is Harden 2.0 confirmed. :D

13. DaDakota

Wouldn't that be something.

DD

plegus likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol I do not think it has the same effect, it feels like Cam is in a big lizard costume....

plegus likes this.
  15. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

A Harden who cannot control the flow of the offense, does not pass, and doesn’t even know where to go on defense is not a very good player. Cam can shoot and is effective attacking the basket. Those are the easiest skill to watch and measure, which is why some people here are so enamored with him.

Fortunately, there are actual basketball coaches watching him and seeing the team defense and team offense nuances of the game that Cam simply does not understand yet, but without which the Rockets cannot win. That is why he is not playing more - it’s not a conspiracy.

Cam will probably get there, if he has the right attitude, but he is not close to ready for a big role on a winning team. I am not a hater - I love the pick and think he could be an all star. But he is not a good all around player yet.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think winning depends on Cam not playing, the Rockets are in a defensive slump right now no matter how people slice and dice it.

It becomes a cute story that Cam is not ready while actually Jeff Green, Bullock, Landale and Holiday are just not cut to be in a regular NBA team.

17. TAB

TAB Member

I wanted to start callin' this dude sweet potatoes cuz he's constantly yammin. Sadly, google has taught me that yams and sweet potatoes are actually different tubers.

18. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I am all for Cam getting rotation minutes ahead of Bullock or Holiday. Those two don’t bring much and are not part of the future. The limited difference they may provide in defensive awareness or court positioning isn’t that important over 10-15 minutes, to your point.

I am reacting to those who are calling for him to start, saying how much better he is than Amen or even Jalen, etc. based on solely shooting %.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As Frank pointed out Landale and couple of others were panic signings because Stone did not sign Lopez ......

I think if you make panic signings, I would advise for actually better names.

20. dmoneybangbang

That's a bit much.... considering we are still overperforming.