1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SG Trade targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Mike, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Murray is actually a really bad defender. He does generate steals, and that's a good thing, but he can't guard anyone. It's one reason why he + Trae has been so bad.

2. invocux

invocux Member

"It didn't work there therefore he can NEVER be that guy elsewhere" Brunson took a borderline superstar leap when he was 26. If the quality is there you will take that leap somewhere else. I'm not saying Monk is Brunson i'm saying that dude has what it takes to be a starter in a team and i believe that we are that team.

That's the logic i hate the most tbh. When we signed Brooks everybody was parroting this: Nobody wants him other than Rockets that should tell us sth. He takes too many he is a shot chucker. Now everybody loves him, he is a sniper from the perimeter. This is hilarious to me because history is full of athletes who failed at their previous teams and flourished somewhere else. It's not just in basketball let's look at football. Jamie Vardy was a nobody and won the PL with f'ing Leicester City. Thierry Henry flopped in Italy then went on to become the best player in Arsenal history. Forlan, Di Maria, Falcao history is full of dudes who failed to become starters in their teams who become legends for other clubs they played for later on their careers. I believe that Monk is one of those guys.

majicdonjuan and shakes05 like this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trae's the real problem on D. DM plays GREAT team D, will thrive with Amen, and help quite a bit with FVV.

invocux likes this.
  4. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

That's a great perspective, but I think we can get better return from Jalen if we stay patient in the process

invocux likes this.
  5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'd like to propose a trade with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Jalen Green for Cam Whitmore.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The Op didn’t say we had to trade Green, just what’s available. We don’t need to draft anymore developmental players. Brogdon or Caruso are the two best fits. My preference is Brogdon and I think it can be done with Oladipo, Tate, and the 24 Net pick. We will have 2 years of Brogdon which coincides with Jalen’s contract. Jalen can develop off the bench and we can compete for the playoffs. It is not time to panic and trade away our good young players. We should be competing for a top 4 seed as early as next year.

jcmoon, majicdonjuan, jb86 and 2 others like this.
  7. vince

vince Member

I must say I’m very surprised how Green almost looks like he’s almost give up wanting to take the bull by the horn. I get it that Silas let him do whatever he wanted on the court, and now he’s got a coach who isn’t going to reward inefficient play; but Green looks depressed and defeated.

In the world of all or nothing, Green is pouting in his own way.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets still have to pay bc Rio Grande can't afford to pay NBA level contracts.

9. Risingred

Risingred Member

Bulls is slowly crippling back to .500 and their front office have no ambition and likely satisfies mediocre results, so they are not going to trade us Caruso. On the other hand, Ujiri is going to make some roster moves as he is in the hot seat after Nurse frying. OG is attainable, but he could be a one year rental as the last year is the player option. Shamet from Washington is probably available if we forfeit a draft pick, but he's no more than a backup. I don't think we have that much option available on the market.

shakes05 likes this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah he doesn't look like he even wants to be passed the ball any more tbh. That last game he looked different, he looked completely out of it tbh, this has gone past playing badly now. Dude might need therapy with his body language and facial expressions.

shakes05 and vince like this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Very simple solution….trade Green and Jock for Ivey and Wiseman. 100% chance Detroit is looking to change their squad that hasn’t won since before Halloween (good job silas).

shakes05, persian hoopa and eequalmcc like this.
  12. eequalmcc

eequalmcc New Member

Cam is our future star

13. vince

vince Member

I think Cam is going to be an all star. That guy has got some special basketball talent and mental makeup. He’s got some question marks, but which youngster doesn’t?

I’m still shocked Green has faded away so soon into his young career. He’s still an elite scorer when he gets the green light (no pun intended), just not very efficient.

The wins are stacked on the backs of Sengun, VanVeleet, Smith, Eason, and Brooks. Those guys build synergy.

charlieaustin and NewAge like this.
  14. Risingred

Risingred Member

Did you watch Ivey play? He's worse than Jalen.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

A lot of people talked about Alex Caruso and I like it. Sengun needs cutters, shooters and defense, not ball dominate guards. We don't need max players at every position and we will pay max for pg(fvv or better), pf(jabari), center(sengun). Also Alex has championship experience and you can't have enough of those guys.

Shark44 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ask yourself. Are we winning anything this year? Love the team and development but cmon yall…why would you pull the plug in essentially the first year of a strong and much better coaching system? He’s not Hasheem Thabeeting it. We aren’t getting anything better than Green without giving up much more than Green. And I don’t think ANY team (unless they were contenders already) would pull the plug on Green this early under these conditions. Best, also worst, case scenario is we get lucky with a team trying to dump a head case like KPJ in which case we are still having to develop a project.

maybe you can get a serviceable role player. But again, why would you throw away even a 10 percent chance of a star developing for a role player when you’re full of role players and not contending for AT LEAST 2 years, baring insane development of more than just Alpi.

jcmoon, glynch, gumbleton3 and 3 others like this.
  17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You really think Brogdon is worth all of that? I wouldn't think he'd get more than a second rounder or two at this point. He's been in the league for 8 seasons, and in 4 of them he's only played between 36-56 games and he hasn't played more than 67 games since his rookie season. He's not very dependable.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. ilias

ilias Member

I’d consider:
    • Cole Anthony
    • Immanuel Quickley
    • Anfernee Simmons
    • Devin Vassell
    • Dejounte Murray
    • Cam Thomas
    • Benedict Mathurin

But, I’d rather we wait till off-season to see how Green and Cam develop.

19. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

They'll have to give us draft compensation as well...Jaden is playing boo boo like Jalen

20. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Thank you for making it make sense! We're not winning the championship with our current core of players so why would we try to trade away our valuable assets this soon