1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 12/26/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you - this does show that Turner touches the rim first, but most of the "rim rattling" is then caused by Sengun.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Dredd

Dredd Member

Myles Turner Gf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zeeshan2, cmoak1982, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He's 21 and and already an all-star level player so I'd say so yes. He'll be a top 10 NBA player in his prime.

ramotadab, Sonicbun8, cumutk and 2 others like this.
  4. WestendMassive

I have a better idea. We need a back up big and a way to find Cam some minutes, right?

[​IMG]

ramotadab and Sonicbun8 like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

7. WestendMassive

Fairly sure this is goaltending, you're not allowed to touch the ball when it's above the cylinder.
    [​IMG]

I can't wait for the L2M report tomorrow!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

A couple of thoughts on a tough night:

I don't think our vet experienced players steadied the ship like I hoped they would and have in other games. I like FVV but his shooting % is normally not so hot over the entire game.

It gets harder and harder to defend Jalen BUT we have to go ALL IN one way or the other. 7 attempted shots a game won't get it and he can't play looking over his shoulder every minute. May need to continue to see more Holiday. Jalen must improve...are playing to his strengths ? He is good off the dribble going to the basket.

Alpy is great....growing up before our eyes. But, we can be way better offensively.He is so dominate inside but he doesn't need to constantly go against double and triple teams....kick the ball out to your shooters for easy shots. You can watch 3 players collapse on him with regularity when the ball goes in to him.

Bari.....when he is hitting at a high rate ( on 7-12 shots per game, you get results like his previous 3 or 4 games). When he's not, you get games like tonight ...4 of 11 for 36.4 and 10 pts. With low shots, he must hit 6 or 7 of the 11 (which he has done on several occasions) to get 16-20 pts.

Tari....he's your junkyard dog.....makes something out of nothing in half the time...outworks his opponent. He brings ENERGY ! He's a spark plug. Wish he was better going to the basket.Shoots a good 3 ball. Ditto on Brooks...brings ENERGY and that macho shot of confidence every team needs.

We need a backup center and pure shooter (hello 3 pt.) to get to the next level. You add that to the mix of veterans and young talent we have now, we're cooking with gas.

ramotadab, Sonicbun8, corrado and 3 others like this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Somehow in my in-laws kitchen I came across @Ankara1923

:eek:

upload_2023-12-27_13-3-17.jpeg

10. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Tfor3 and sirjesse like this.
  11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I thought it said no way ankara :p It is from Turkey.

upload_2023-12-27_13-10-52.jpeg

Tfor3 and Ankara1923 like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Jabari/Fred/Jalen a combined 1/15 from 3.

Fred and Bari with multiple looks down the stretch but if you don't give up -14 in the 3rd you don't depend on those shots down the stretch. Jalen is what Jalen is at this point. He's clearly in his head. Up to Ime at this point what he wants to do but as it stands our two "backcourt of the future" guards are gone from the team and gone from the team mentally. This team needs a SG and Aaron Holiday/Tari Eason can't keep pretending to be one. Bullock isn't going to cut it either so just give Cam some run or trade for someone because we're playing 4 on 5 out there.

ramotadab and Sonicbun8 like this.
  13. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Tfor3 and sirjesse like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Green is not a fit with this coaching staff so I am not opposed to trading him but come on. Green for a back up guy averaging 6 points? It's better to just bench green and give whitmore more minutes. Maybe he will do well or maybe he will give the haters on here someone else to hate on ( he had plenty of those in the preseason )

Coaching staff got some early wins but they are starting to show up on the podium with same mantra of effort etc etc more and more. Green deterioting this year is on him for sure but it is also on coaching staff.

ramotadab, cdxiong and jim1961 like this.
  15. OpportunityCost

Watching the some of the replay that began at 10:30 and I like Amen's ability to get past his defender and score at the rim. I wish he would do more of that and maybe develop a mid-range game.

eliefor3 likes this.
  16. OpportunityCost

How did we lose this game?? We're winning by 7 in the 2nd.

17. OpportunityCost

Fred isn't super quick but he's super crafty.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

jalen is slowly becoming james white lol

19. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

I was watching closely on what Jalen was doing this game in the background and all I saw was him positioning himself for a pass, he would shuffle around the 3 point line and have his hands out ready for a pass but he never actively called for the ball, it’s just very passive plays, shuffling there and waiting.

I feel like Ime isn’t running plays involving Green but I can also see that Green is just being too passive, more like a backup than a starter, Holiday actively looks for plays but Green is just too timid and passive. Ime needs to do something and get him involved more.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Green sucks yaddy yadda
    Senguin missed a Dunk yaddy yadda
    None of that really matters more than this teams inability to stop good pgs. Honestly have we had one game against a good pg that did not result them in having a amazing game ?

ramotadab and Dredd like this.