1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I used to think it was bad enough that he would shoot badly in 2/3 games.
    Now its like 6/7.

[​IMG]

2. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Don't know why he can't shoot 3? Has to be his mechanics, right?

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Chapter 7 just reads:

"The End"

jayhow92, Tankeio, Corrosion and 4 others like this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

He's the opposite of Harden. He gets worse every year..
    Cut. Bait.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not comparing the two guys. No two players have the same developmental trajectory anyway. The point is, you should keep hoping until he's not a Rocket. What good is it to kick the dead horse again and again? Some of you even seem to be happy seeing him doing bad to confirm that you are right.

I would only hate a player on my team if he has cancerous attitude that pollutes team culture (e.g. KPJ), or if he shows selfish tendency in his performance (e.g. Wood). As far as I am aware of, Jalen has not shown selfishness in his attitude, yet. If he does, I'll be calling for dumping him.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

He's been so bad to this point in his three year career - I've never seen a bar set lower for a high draft pick - in order to receive praise.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Jalen has more chapters than good games played.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes being right sucks ass.

DD

GotGame15, BasketballMind and Tankeio like this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

We have a Jalen Green problem.

He's better in some ways, specifically on defense, but his offense is going in the wrong direction at an alarming rate. His coach has obviously noticed, and it's pretty clear that he's getting tired of Jalen's turnovers and overall inefficiency. Unfortunately, I don't see any growth at all from him offensively from when he first came into the league. At the start of the season it felt like Jalen would recognize his off nights and tap the brakes when his shot was clearly off, but now it feels like he's pressing again and trying to force everything. The lobs are GONE, which probably isn't his fault, but they were a fairly important part of his game before. He's struggling badly in the new system and it feels like maybe he's not a good fit. I don't think the pace of the offense suits his game. I'm pulling for him, but right now it doesn't look good.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

His supposed ability to score at 3 levels is THE reason he was drafted #2.

All his problems would go away if he could shoot ~45% from the floor and 37% from 3.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Its alright. Alpi, Bari and Tari are all good picks. Time to move on.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You sound like someone I know ..... [​IMG]

xtruroyaltyx and raining threes like this.
  13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Glad it doesn't happen often for you

anthony59237 and raining threes like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't even bother having a discussion with someone who says Green hasn't improved since his rookie season. He's ten times the professional, teammate and defender he was. Defense is half the game. Scoring is less than half the game. He's improved on a more important skill. There's no way anyone thought Jalen could start for like a top 5 defense by age 22. People used to brush off the notion that he could end up a good defender in the playoffs much like Kobe (who I think was good but over hyped defensively).

The only thing in his way is getting to the point where he can consistently and within one of the slowest/worst offenses in the NBA get a large volume of points at the rim from the perimeter. Lobs and transition points are non existent on our team because we're obsessing about defense at the moment - that's taken a hatchet to his efficiency and I don't know why we'd do that with a young and athletic team. None of our athletes are flourishing btw.

Time will tell. You're just not accepting that it would make total sense for Green's ascension to be severely delayed. It's logical for people to start checking out if they're non rocket fans. I can't understand how a rockets fan doesn't know Green's entire development experience - including in the NBA - is the worst you've ever seen so the results must get delayed.

#894 Mathloom, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    anthony59237, Os Trigonum and JeffB like this.
  15. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I can acknowledge those improvements and adjustment. But his 3pt shooting should not be impacted by the pace/clogged lane. If he was shooting 36-38% this year I think people would be a lot more willing to show patience.

I want him to succeed because an all star SG is the missing piece on this team. I hope the Rockets bring in competition for him at the deadline or in the offseason.

16. raining threes

True and if Alpi can improve from 3 why cant Jalen?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this

Easy likes this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't. You win some, you lose some. After a couple games I realized he wouldn't be That GUY.
    People thought we got Michael Jordan 2.0 but what we got was Michael Jackson 5.0.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is actually not bad, I am not waiting to see his Neverland Ranch.