1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson recalled

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Dec 9, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Out

harold bingo likes this.
  2. JazzLakerHater

Out AGAIN for the fourth game in a row with an illness. Missed almost the entirety of Summer League with an ankle injury. Missed most of this season with another ankle injury. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m getting a little bit impatient with this kid. Could you at least stay on the court dude? Especially considering how much Fred needs to cut down on his minutes.

#142 JazzLakerHater, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    GotGame15, astros123, Dredd and 5 others like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Amen is that sick, then why is he travelling with the team? Wouldn't that spread the flu around?

I suspect it's something more serious than that. His previously injured ankle is probably still bothering him and it's very concerning.

It really sucks that we drafted the twin that is always out while Ausar is basically like an ironman, playing through face injuries, especially when we need to reduce Fred's minutes.

Jontro, Dredd, Crashlanded19 and 4 others like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It wouldn't make sense for it to be his ankle. He played a few G-League games and it looked fine. He also played against the Spurs last week and didn't seem to have any issues with it.

I sincerely hope once this "illness" has passed, he can finally get out on the court and stay there. It would suck if we drafted another "Price Krispie" who's constantly injured.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am trying to think of an illness that would keep him in the arena watching the game. Maybe he had food poisoning and lost a lot of weight so they want him to regain his weight and stamina?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I fear Amen is going to be one of those players that just be out for any kind of reason.

Fulgore likes this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If dude had Flu he wouldn’t have been on the bench last night. Expecting the worse.

Dredd, Crashlanded19 and anthony59237 like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... but especially one ClutchFans have no knowledge of - the worst kind.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

does he have COVID 23 or something

Thank goodness we have Oladipo to cover

Fulgore, ramotadab, cbass and 2 others like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, Ausar has also cooled down, after a good start. I hope we didn't draft a dud.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is one of the silliest presumption I’ve heard. He’s sick, not injured. How Ausar is playing has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Amen. He has been extremely unlucky so far and it is frustrating for us fans. He is going to have an impact this season for us.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope you are right. Just tempering my expectations.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now he is sick but previously he had ankle issues which took 2 months away......

Frustrating for sure but the youth movement is on hold.....Now just watch the Dillon, Fred and Holiday Show.

And the Ime gets wild and ejected live....

X-mas is at the door step.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ESPN had him at starter or better so it is not like the expectations were Green like........only on CF was he the next Penny meets Magic Johnson.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

his reasons to be out are legit, you guys need to get out your house more

16. New Jack

New Jack Member

I truly hope his defense lives up to expectations. Can't help but think he would have put up much more resistance against Dame and Mitchell the past 2 nights. We really had no answer for them. As great as Brooks is defensively, he just doesn't have enough speed/athleticism to keep up with smaller 2 guards/point guards.

Moe, BaselineFade and Hemingway like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Exactly

Have none of you ever had a bad flu bug where you could barely get out of bed and doing any kind of exertion made you extremely out of breath and dizzy? Because I have, and it sucks. I know these guys seem like supermen sometimes, but having insane athletic ability doesn't make them immune to disease.

There may also be an element of the coaching staff trying to set him up to succeed. Perhaps he could have played sooner and may even have been asking to play, but if the medical staff says he's not at his best with his VO2 max and such, Udoka and co. may have told him "we want you to start off on the right foot, get yourself 100% first". It's not all up to him.

ramotadab, Amel and Hemingway like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We don’t have to rush any of these guys, especially not Amen (our future super-star). Ime and his staff are managing this perfectly. We are way ahead of schedule this season. The fact that we are talking playoffs this early in the season is truly mind boggling. The West is incredibly deep.

19. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Soon they'll have "mental health day" on the status report.

Fulgore and DreamShook like this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Nah... He loves basketball too much.

Just a bit of bad luck.

OremLK and DreamShook like this.