1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Broncos @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Dredd

Dredd Member

Huge blow to lose Tank

but man …. Demeco is the best thing that’s ever happened for this franchise.

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can smell the grease coming off him through the screen

3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Is it possible he wanted out at the start of the season, but just kept it private? Could this be a reason he was welcomed back when he bought into the new Texans? This is just speculation since I have no sources.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Every town and team has both core believers and bandwagon fans. Houston is not unique in this regard.

What has changed is being able to count on who is wearing the uniform from moment to moment.

jch1911 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yesterday was the first full game I’ve seen of the Texans this season and impressive win. I was watching it with a friend who is a die hard Broncos fan and Vikings fan. Was feeling the game was going to end like the Vikings Broncos game with Wilson hitting Courtland Sutton for a late TD but great D by the Texans

jch1911 likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Me every time I see Dameon Pierce forever:

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish they would change the rules on which type plays are reviewable. I honestly don't know why owners wouldn't want it changed. Personally, I think any play where you believe there is pass interference, a dirty hit on a QB or player, or when a ball comes loose should be able to be challenged by a coach throwing their flag. There are too many plays where that can change the course of a game that a coach can't request a review on. It just makes no sense. Hold the refs accountable. They can't see everything. Let the coaches use their flags as they see fit. Hell, give them a couple more challenges and use commercial breaks then.

Shark44, jch1911 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Clearly he was knocked back and not wrapped up. Many yards are made after this type of knock back.

marks0223 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That's because those are rust belt teams. I've noticed teams in cities where the economy isn't that great or the city is past its heyday seem to have more fan interest. Teams in growing, sunny areas have a harder time especially if there aren't any recent championships.

Texas and Colorado have a big connection. Lot of movement between both states. I don't know if it is O&G related or what but it's there.

marks0223 likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not all fans are like that. I've been a die hard Oilers and Texans fan through thick and thin. It's the only sports season I can't wait to start. It's the only sport I wish had a longer season. Every game matters. It's not like baseball where you can lose 50 games and still win a Championship, or basketball, where you can lose over 30 games and still win a championship.

That being said, whether we are great or terrible doesn't persuade me either way to drive in traffic, pay ridiculous parking prices, and attend games any more. I love going to games, but it's more hassle than it's worth for me now. I had a blast tailgating, but am just fine chilling and watching it on TV as well. I'll call it getting old, but it certainly has nothing to do with my love for the sport itself, or the team record. There are a lot of drunks on the road coming from the games, especially a lot of the tailgaters. I'd just rather avoid all that to watch a game. If I could be transported there and back in a nanosecond without any of the hassle, I'd be there.

#1010 deb4rockets, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    marks0223 likes this.
  11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The frusturating thing to me is that the announcers and everyone at home figure out the right call in 15 seconds after one replay review, yet we cant get the call changed on the field. I can think of 3 huge calls yesterday that the refs could of fixed in 10 seconds or less:

1) stingley missed PI call that helped texans
    2) king fumble/touchdown
    3) jimmi ward hitting wilson in the 4th qtr

Happens every game it seems

gfab-babyboi and deb4rockets like this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

What's worse than the horrible Desmond King call itself, is that the refs weren't even smart enough to just call it a fumble/TD on the field and let that turnover/TD automatically get reviewed. Instead, they called the play dead on what is considered a non-reviewable play. I mean they KNEW this was going to be something that would warrant a review, so let it play out. I swear I feel like these idiots aren't properly trained on how to handle in game decision making that could ensure important plays are reviewed and called accurately. The quality control on NFL officiating is complete crap right now.

13. conquistador#11

Most games are a 3 point toss up and people who want to sound smart, objective or simply contrarians out here telling us: "You have to overcome bad officiating." M'fers, that's seven points!

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Same thing last week with Tank's catch. I figured refs were trained to let calls stand when a review would be required to happen (scoring play) or a coach could challenge.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Texans playing a bunch of 1 score games this year is a great sign for the team moving forward. Super awesome to see the D come alive yesterday and our blue chippers play up to their talent levels on that side of the ball. Feels so good to be "back" and playing contending football at such an early stage of this new regime. I can finally see an AFC Championship game (or more) in our near future. With the amount of cap space we have before having to pay up for CJ we should be able to strong arm our way into big games beyond this season.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Fukn Jags can take the No. 1 seed with a win tonight

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

The easiest/laziest responses I've heard to this is:

Refs are human
    It slows the game down

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

19. SuraGotMadHops

Exactly, no team should ever have to overcome bad officiating, the solution is for the officiating to be better. I really try not to complain too much about officiating but it has really gotten pretty bad everywhere.

mario_v likes this.
  20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Can someone explain why the Texans are not seeded in the playoffs if the season ended today, but the Steelers are? Don't we own tie breaker?