1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Love Alpy but I can't stand cherry picked stats like this. You see it all the time in today's era.

2. Melik

Melik Member

Don't reply to this idiot. Let the idiots write the idiotic comments. If you do not reply, he will soon stop writing on this page.

slothy420, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mentioned this before. There isn't as much movement in our offense as I wish we had. I know the P&R with Sengun are phenomenal, but like you said, there are still areas where the team is lacking and could do better. I'm pretty sure Jabari and Green could do more movement without the ball to get themselves found by Sengun.

#8843 ElPigto, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    slothy420, BigMaloe, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  4. J Rock

J Rock Member

Goon is definitely the franchise player at the moment.

cmoak1982 and HardenReturns like this.
  5. NewAge

NewAge Member

I am watching a bit of the pathetic Bulls taking a late lead on MIL without Lavine and DeRozan, with Vuc only and complimentary guards like Caruso and Dosunmo... This is a Big Man league, and has been for the past 5 years. It was a guard league only in the late 2010s maybe...

EDIT: The Bulls actually won..

#8845 NewAge, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

To annoy Rocket fans

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This is the exact reason why I say numbers can be misleading. Im a Rockets fan and Im glad Sengun is thought of so highly but #1?? PLEASE

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spurs = Very, very tall
    Spurs = Very, very bad at defense.

:D

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Who do you have over him?

It's not about the stats at all. When you watch the games, as JJ Redick, PG13, Jokic, etc, do..., you can see all the different ways that Alperen can impact a game. He is an elite post creator who can control tempo. How many players in the history of basketball can do that?

Mobley, for instance, hasn't a chance in hell of EVER controlling tempo. Might as well get Marcus Camby on the phone.

maypk, cml750 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How did Brook Lopez do? Lots of rebounds? I seem to remember @larsv8 thought he is a better rebounder than Alpi.

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I would take Mobley and Wagner for sure. Mobley for his defense and Wagner's all - around play.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Fair enough. It is good to have you on the record. I like Evan Camby and Franz Schrempf as much as the next guy, but Alperen is absolutely in the conversation as the best player in that class.
    1. Alperen is a year younger than both of those guys and tracking a 21-9-6 season.
    2. When he is their age (next year) is it out of the realm of possibility that he is going for 25-10-8 on the regular? I am not saying that this will happen, but do you think that Camby or Detlef have that kind of realistic upside left in them?
    3. That is 4 points, 1 rebound, and 2 assists away from Alperen's current averages. :eek:
    4. Through 16 games played, Alperen is anchoring a top-10 defense, too. And the back half of the schedule gets a hell of a lot easier...
    5. And also, Alperen is a Houston Rocket, so F those other dweebs... H-TOWN!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alperen should not even be in the conversation, I mean as asset because he was being overlooked......

So basically you add better players around Alpe .....Alpe already 100x his value.

The question should not be who is better than Alpe but what can you do to make the team around Alpe better!
    Alpe needs better help. Franz is better help.

We as fans should be more intelligent about his, talking about who is better is child's play, team building is much more relevant.

#8853 daywalker02, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It is difficult to make big roster decisions when JG and Jabari (and Amen/Cam/Tari) have so much damn room to grow. The best move here is probably no moves. Let Udoka do his thing so we have more improvement data from our 1st graders.

maypk likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it is the best, it is perhaps the most obvious one because we drafted players that were decent but not what we hoped they would be.....Maybe they grow into those but I do not like the meshing of those talents.....

Basically doubling down on skinny dudes with weaker mindset 2 drafts in a row.......while you signed linebackers like Brooks or Van Vleet who initiated the change.....lmao.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This is the sole reason I didn't like KMJ being traded. Imagine how much he'd feast this season with a Sengun-centric offense.

Green should be forced to watch tape of KMJ's movement off the ball. He could get quite a few easy buckets for himself if he added that to his game.

slothy420 likes this.
  17. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Cherry picked stats HERO hahahah... Look at his real efficiency and numbers.

Im not impressed at all. Imagine what Jalen would do with Myles Turner...

Melik likes this.
  18. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Still not better than Jalen though... That GAP isn't even close.

19. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Jalen= Elite Defense

Some foreigner= just miserable and sad...

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are an idiot. I know you’re trolling, and you really don’t believe the idiocy you’re spewing.

daywalker02 likes this.