1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

1. I didn't say he was a "Rookie" I said he was learning a new position, Jalen has been a SG his entire career - get it right or GTFO. - I will no longer let you post here.

;)

DD

#1321 DaDakota, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is your best counter argument? You can barely keep up with what you spew out.

1. KPJ is "basically a 2nd year player". You are more than happy to discount entire seasons when it doesn't fit your narrative (or in this case, add a whole season).
    2. KPJ would have been a rookie in the 80s, at 22 years old (Green is 21).
    Maybe it's time to grow up DD. With the inconsistency that Green has played with this season, there are plenty of opportunities to make valid criticisms. Not sure why you insist on the path of intellectual and factual dishonesty, almost like you are obsessed with gaslighting.

#1322 flamingdts, Nov 30, 2023
    IvanLCPM, Bo6, Carpe82 and 9 others like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. MystikArkitect

If Jalen had done this in the 1st instead of the 3rd, we would've had a better chance this game. This game and the Grizzlies game he decided to "turn it on" later than necessary. This is ultimately the issue with him. I go back and forth on him like he goes back and forth on being All-NBA and an athletic scrub. That's the exhausting part about Jalen. At this point, I don't expect anything out of the kid. Sengun? 25/8/5 on good efficiency. Jabari? 16/9/2 on good efficiency. And so on. Jalen? Who the **** knows. That's a problem. He hasn't shown at any point in his career the ability to be consistent.

He's like an inconsistent parent. Doesn't do **** for their kids and then suddenly takes them to Disney World or Nottsbery Farms to make up for it. Then goes right back to not doing ****.

don grahamleone and Corrosion like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm all for the best two players of the 21 draft class being Sengun and Green.

Bo6, BigMaloe, deb4rockets and 5 others like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

NEW POSITION - NEW POSITION - says it right there, Either you have a reading comprehension or you are just being obtuse.

DD

7. fchowd0311

Those stats for those two players are well above their averages lol so that would be above their expectations for now.

Jabari has been more consistent but he's been more consistent at being a role player and his role allows for more consistency and the consistency is like 7 games also.

Green has shown that type of consistency(7 games) but at much higher levels (25+ ppg on high efficiency for long stretches) than Jabari.

Sengun has been the one young guy who consistently puts up all-star level numbers this season. Actually he's the only one on the team putting up consistency all-star numbers regardless of age as FVV also has been inconsistent in terms of offensive efficiency.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He look OK

definitely got hit in the 3rd and that was nice to watch. Wish he would be playing that hard all game .

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. 34to11

34to11 Member

You mean like having a new coach, a new offensive scheme, new defensive approach, and a host of new teammates?

Let me guess...
    [​IMG]

Bo6, BigMaloe, harold bingo and 4 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is how peeps treat their side chick...no contact until the grand gesture of special dinner and suite reservation.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Look at JR’s advanced stats. They aren’t bad and they were just better than Jalen’s at this age.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Did Harden play a new position when he was in Houston when he was officially labeled as PG?

Or are you really this obtuse that you think giving a new position label to a player allows you to "reset" their years of experience?

These are KPJ's per 36 numbers in Houston, which includes his 1 year with the "SG" label. Explain how the change from SG to PG has changed his play style?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1332 flamingdts, Nov 30, 2023
  13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Is he forgetting Wagner, Barnes, and Mobley? Even Suggs is coming around and having a better advanced stats year than Jalen.

14. fchowd0311

What's a advanced stat?

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I mean, he's technically correct. Jalen is averaging more points than Barnes, and more assists Wagner and Mobley. Suggs isn't comparable -- I like him, but he's averaging fewer points, assists, and rebounds than Jalen.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What's weird is that even with the wild inconsistencies of Green, as of today he's more efficient than Barnes and Wagner just slightly. Although Franz is trending up like crazy and Magic is looking like a contender

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

That’s why I’ve been saying during the past two seasons that let Green play PG and move KPJ to his natural SG position. Had they done that, Green’s handle and court vision would have been much improved by now. Instead, all those previous development time got wasted on the stupid KPJ experiment, which now goes down the drain with the woman beater.

18. i3artow i3aller

Bo6, BigMaloe, 34to11 and 3 others like this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I guess I do want to clarify that I think there is still good upside for Jalen, but the reality is he's going into his 4th pro year and he's still showing the same inconsistency that has been a negative during his career.

That said one can argue this is actually his first year being under a legitimate coach and coaching staff and he's actually developing under their guidance.

I don't want to come off as too much of a hater when comparing him to JR Smith either. JR Smith was a solid contributor who played almost 30 mpg on winning teams over a long career despite some of his knucklehead lapses. Jalen has natural talent to be better, but he's probably better suited in a 6th man role like JR Smith.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

Counting a 16 game Covid shortened G league season as a full year of pro ball is crazy.

Bo6, BigMaloe, snowconeman22 and 4 others like this.