1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Qan

Qan Member

We need an interior DL real bad next year.

2. Buck Turgidson

Those "fan/people" are ****ing idiots.

They need a DT, amongst other things.

3. conquistador#11

dolphins do that all the time. ball was snapped before he turned up field. play it in slow mo and pause it before it hits one second. Shanahan's coined it cheat motion. The jaguars used it in the first game with their fast TE

4. StroudAndYorDaddy

corruption

5. Buck Turgidson

I'm just telling you what they called, not that it was a good call.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Mr. Space City

Interesting

[​IMG]

MadMax and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, no. Your response is nonsense. The vast majority of fans won’t remember the trade, and whether or not the 1% does is irrelevant. And, and the end of the day, giving up on what will likely be a pick in the 15 - 25 to move up for a franchise pass rusher is 100% worth it.

Stephen66 and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I think his point is the NFL still wants their "great White hope QB" in the same mold as Manning/Brady/Marino and Trevor Lawrence was billed as that and shouldnt/can't be over taken by a rookie Black QB who is doing the pocket pass thing way better. That was my translation of the post but don't know if that was the point and I don't necessarily agree with the race angle.

This game definitely felt like some reffing was going on. Pretty one sided for the Jags during the most crucial moments. Somebody got paid

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When the Jags threw an incompletion or were stopped short today....

Screenshot_20231126-155833.png

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

That was the game.

Why in the world did we pick this guy off waivers when Mason Crosby, Brett Maher, Ryan Succop, Robbie Gould, and Fat Randy Bullock were still out there?

everyday eddie and J.R. like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Referees:
    Greg Wilson
    Greg Bradley
    Clay Martin
    Jerod Phillips
    Dave Hawkshaw
    Alonzo Ramsey III
    James Carter II

[​IMG]

**** ‘em all to hell

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean we just had 3 black QBs taken ahead of Levis, one of them, Anthony Richardson, the exact kind of black QB to be told to play another position if it was about 15-20 years ago.

Then you have Prescott, Lamar, Fields, Wilson, Geno Smith, I'm sure I'm missing some.

You also have Watson who shouldn't even have a job in the NFL.

I really don't think there is that angle in the NFL anymore. Used to be that they thought some of these guys were not 'smart' enough to play QB, but time proved that wrong.

I don't think the NFL or NBA or MLB chooses winners or tells refs who they want to win. If they did, why would they want Jacksonville to win? Smaller market, CJ Stroud is already more popular than Lawerence, and a Jags loss would have made the division even more competitive.

I think this is what happens when you have a one sided officiated game.

1.) Refs just are incompetent. They just consistently make bad calls and they just suck.
    or
    2.) Betting. We already know about the Donoghy situation I doubt he is the only official in any major sport to receive money/gifts to help out someone to call the game a certain way.

The NFL (and other major leagues) have WAY too much to lose to go out and fix games, not only would it kill public opinion but there would be lawsuits as there is money on the line for these games.

13. 9baller

9baller Member

We signed this guy off the streets and he hit the crossbar from 58. He wasn't the reason we lost today..

javal_lon, BMoney and Rocket River like this.
  14. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

May their souls burn there forever.

J.R. likes this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

This is true, but Tytus being out along with throwing Scruggs in for his 1st game didn't help. The other guys that played were trash outside of Tunsil.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Believe me I hope it is worth it in the long run.

18. StroudAndYorDaddy

think about the elite black qbs in the league right now.. mahomes, russell wilson, dak prescott.. do any of those guys have the swag that cj has nope. CJ is unapologetically black and wears nipsey hussle shirts to post game pressers and the nfl does not like marketing qbs like that unless they run around for a lot of yards like hurts, lamar and vick. CJ is something the nfl has never dealt with since maybe warren moon who they unfairly kept out of the league for years and he was forced to play in canada for like 6 years. Its 2023 now, and the nfl can no longer pull something like that off especially in the age of social media. Think about this, why was the media so brutal to cj during the draft process questioning his "iq", and asking him why he doesnt run the ball more. CJ was actually being downgraded as a prospect because he didnt or doesnt run as much for their liking

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh I agree, the refs were definitely shady.

I still don't think the NFL wanted the Jags to win. It would have been better for the league if they lose because quite frankly Houston is a bigger market and Stroud is already one of the NFLs biggest names AND also it would make the division that much closer with 3 teams still going for the division lead.

I think its more likely that the refs just sucked or someone got paid.

It never feels good when your team makes a good play and there's always a flag.

Coaches should be able to challenge calls, not sure why they can't. I think that illegal shift gets challenged if they could and then the entire outlook of the game is different because the Jags are no good playing from behind.

Scarface281 likes this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Fixed it for you.