1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/24/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

Very understated about this all is that people *hated* Harden/Morey Rockets. And it's easy to see why. It was like watching an Excel formula run an NBA team. They absolutely love this version. Fun to watch and they've even grown to enjoy Dillon as a dedicated defensive heel.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did yoker mvp?

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It already is.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Landale didnt play a single minute.

Speaks volumes about what our greatest need is.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I realize that it may not make a bit of difference to many fans, but Harden's off the court habits, constant partying, taking Houston jets to birthday parties, ect... got old real fast with me. Harden became a person I just didnt like. Still dont.

One of the greatest things about the Hakeem era Rockets was that I loved Hakeem as a person. Still do.
    Most of the guys around him were likeable also.

This current version of the Rockets are likeable similarly to the Hakeem era Rockets.

#1065 jim1961, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's great to see the growth from this team and from individuals on the team.

The defensive adjustments made by this team in this 2nd matchup with the Nuggets were impressive. I remember the Rockets consistently losing track of cutters the first time. I don't remember a single instance of that this time.

7. MystikArkitect

They're built very similarly lol. Wizard center running the offense kicking out to big time shooters. DB is Mad Max, Jabari is Robert Horry, Jaesean as Mario Elie and Jalen Green as Clyde the Glyde with FVV as a more mature Sam Cassell.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bari's improved shooting is a really big boon for him and for the rest of the Houston Rockets ! Keep it up, young man!

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Big win over the defending champs by this scrappy up and coming young team of motivated players learning the ropes while teaching the league they’re a force to be reckoned with.Terrific chemistry and coaching by my way too early vote for coach of the year. Back to the studio for post-game discussion.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Anyone notice Dream and Glide are a lot more involved with the Rockets organization, pr and attending games this season?

I wonder if they sense a new era like when Biggio and Bagwell did with the Astros to finally get excited about and want to be part of it.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

12 players that played for the team last year and aren't on the roster this season.

Only Eric Gordon is currently in an NBA rotation (and he was largely on auto pilot with us). There is "some" talent among that group and maybe a few of them will figure it out at some point, but the Rockets dumped a whole lot of trash this offseason, replaced them with really good NBA players, and kept the only guys worth keeping.

I'm not saying Udoka doesn't deserve praise, he deserves a ton of it, but this isn't the same group from last season. Udoka might have already murdered somebody if he had the same group from last year.

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

yeah because they know what Ime udoku bring to rockets. His IQ is over the top.

don grahamleone and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

The 09 Rockets were also very likeable imo. Yao, Battier, Scola, Artest, TMac, Brooks, Landry, Lowry.. etc.,

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

That's the team I got to watch growing up, I was to young during the Hakeem era.

Glad our new generations are in good hands with Ime & Sengun

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It sucks for fans but it’s great for a young team like ours that needs the practice time. FVV and Sengun (because bigs more often get fatigued) are the only ones I really have any concern about when it comes to back to backs and fewer off days later in the season.

don grahamleone and albuster like this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He means it. he sent me a black playoff shirt i wanted during the Harden era.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still haven't been able to watch a whole game but from what I saw of the highlights it looked like a great win. Still adjusting to the idea that the Rockets aren't bottom dwellers and have an exciting and entertaining team.

18. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I forget that we have oladipo on the team

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yup. He could be the next Corey Brewer as well. Could really help the team this season!

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

If only I knew how to superimpose Jalen and Alpe faces on this gif