1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Running the offense through Alpi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes. Eventually, Sengun will get more touches though. Love FVV, but some of those threes are silly :D.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would be nice If Fred backed off some for JG/Alperen combo too. I think that is what is needed.

(Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Fred give the ball to Alperen a bit earlier on the roll to the rim, so he can use his playmaking ability and size to hit the corners)

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Run it right through him. Absolutely. Love this guy. That he wears Cris Dishman’s number is an added plus.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah I don't disagree that having 2 playmakers is the best situation, but what I'm saying is if you look at the usage numbers etc, FVV has about double what Alpi and Jalen have who are both very close to each other. Ideally as we're running it through Alpi, he and FVV could have more even numbers with Jalen staying the same (or less if he stays slumping.) I'm not saying no FVV and just Alpi, I'm saying still FVV but more for Alpi.

Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Green and Sengun are not getting similar touches:

Sengun front court touches: 45 per game in 32 mpg
    FVV front court touches: 32.3 per game in 37 mpg
    Green front court touches: 26.9 per game in 31.4 mpg

The disparity is less than these numbers reflect, but still sengun touches the ball much more than Green.

Alpi is also almost always in the play by screens, finding mismatches, shaping how plays develop along with fvv. They are literally running the offense together, with fvv doing much more dribbling.

More touches, more attempts would increase his production but I think it would the team production would increase more if Sengun's assist numbers could go up, especially finding more cutters. It will carry our offense to a new level. I am underwhelmed by the assist numbers, don't think it's alpi's fault though, it is a team thing.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I just dont see it the same way as you do !!!
    In fact I think in this season Sengun has become more selfish about passing the ball
    and is trying to score high points rather of getting assists. T

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Must be why his assists are up.

cml750 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Haha 6 hours later & Sengun having his worst start to a game all year offense-wise

I blame you for being gratuitous bump jinx bro.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Very embarrassing attempt at a gotcha, you weirdo.

Tadow and HardenReturns like this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Oh looky what the the way back machine found, didn’t even have to go back that far

RudyTBag likes this.