1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka postgame vs. Warriors, addresses why Jalen Green sat the fourth quarter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I agree with you about he don't like playing in a system. His demeanor reflects it. I could see this in trying camp.

2. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Definitely not Kobe lol. Not even close. And you say "even" Clyde like Clyde wasn't a HOF

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If what he needs to do becomes instinctual, I think he will surprise folks.
    If he doesnt, then things may not go well for him in Houston.

Plowman and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes yes and yes. He hasn't figured out how to use his explosiveness yet. Even when he has a angle he's still making shots more difficult.

gfab-babyboi and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's only 21yrs old. How would you know that?

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  6. invocux

invocux Member

My advice to people is that unless your high pick plays 10-15 good games in a row don't label him a cornerstone. If JG ever has an efficient month it means there's a chance that he can extend that period it means that he might just have what it takes to be somewhat consistent throughout his career until then just stay on that side as he says. That side is the best side trust me. If this kid can't get his **** together in regular season he's not mentally strong to keep going he's ****ed in playoffs. How is gonna do anything for us in playoffs? Ime knows it too and trying to give him a wake up call but he will give up on him if it doesn't work. Guy has a job and nobody wants to lose his job.

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Look around the league. A *lot* of USA kids are suffering from this. Only the twins and Chet come off as workers. The rest are a bunch of wannabe TikTok stars. At 14 years old they have college coaches and boosters begging them to come to their schools. They make little announcement videos on which school "gets" the opportunity to have them. Another big issue is the new helicopter dads. My only real worry with Amen/Ausar. We saw it last year with Kenyon. Evan Mobley has one as well. The Ball Brothers and Big Baller Brand. It's a mess in the USA right now. Once the Lebron era fully retires, the NBA is going to be an immigrant league.

NewAge likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The first time he's ever been held accountable for his poor play in his career, hopefully it wakes him up

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

James Harden was the last US-born MVP in 2018. Last five in a row went for immigrants, and this year won’t be different…

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He benched Jabari to end two games as well. Jalen clearly is having a more difficult time adjusting to the ball being in his hands less, let's see if he can do it.

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

inb4 someone said, “Ime must listen to RocketsWatch.”

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He might have been just scrolling through the game thread here....some crazy person in the game thread said

Next thing we know, Jalen is held accountable for his poor performance for the first time in his life.

13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Love having a hard ass coach. We are an efficient 20+ppg Jalen away from being a playoffs team honestly. As good as Jokic is, he still needs Murray to help carry the team. Sengun needs his Murray. I hope Jalen figures it out soon

14. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Yeah I have noticed that too. His problem is that he is not a good enough ball handler to do all that dribbling. He is jot Harden or Paul. He is extremely quick and has a great first step. He is getting there. Just give him time.

I do think that having FVV around sort of stunts his growth. People need to remove basketball out of it and think about the business side. FVV only has has a two year deal, so his main focus is on insuring that either Houston exercises it’s option on his 3rd year or he can go get his money somewhere else. He has no interest in helping JG4 at all. The Rockets in all honesty don’t want to pay FVV $44M at age 32. He is not good enough to warrant that sort of money at that time. The assumption the Rockets have is that in two years they will be a 50 win team competing for top 4 seeding and perhaps even a title. A Rockets title team will not have FVV as its second or even third best player.

Coaches think only one season to the next since that is how they are judged. Thus Udoka is going to keep running FVV, Holliday or whoever gives him the best chance to win right now, out on the court. It is the GM and VP that must keep long term planning in mind. This is why you have to keep the Front Office and HC separate.

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm actually genuinely surprised that you graduated from calling players gay to "they took our jobs." Probably shouldn't be though... :rolleyes:

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jalen Green better answer the call dawg... I love it. Keep coaching Ime!

AroundTheWorld and Plowman like this.
  17. Arkese

Arkese Member

answer the call or ride the pine THIS IS UDOKA COUNTRY

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah, he really does need to realise he doesn't need to go around people when he can go right over them. If Ja can do it then Jalen can easily do it.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am not so up on the new Head Coach as most of you!
    My opinion of our present Rockets game is...
    A Point guard who is playing well, he loves to shoot the three ball,
    he also like to pass to SENGUN at Center, The Center is playing a much improved game!
    The Point Guard is not setting up Jalen Green,! Is it the Head Coach who is responsible for this lob sided
    play? Or is it the just the way the Point way plays? What do you think? Y

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I feel pretty confident that Jalen Green’s career will not be in the same stratosphere of Clyde Drexler or Kobe Bryant. I don’t think you need to be in Dionne Warwick’s Psychic Friends Network to spot that.

xtruroyaltyx and AroundTheWorld like this.